Stop in for a drink.

-
My 17 year old son just joined the National Guards and going to 10 weeks training this summer!!
I need a drink and an old movie tonight. Was thinking Grey Goose Vodka and the red October for a movie. Or maybe Rum and Pirates of the Caribbean.
What would you guys suggest?

Well guys painting my engine bay today base coat is on and ready for clear then gonna celebrate with a bottle of whiskey on ice.

20190408_153622.jpg
Done time for a drink then a shower. lol

Close call .. Rose's Lime Juice supply runs short .. Going to back up .. Mr & Mrs T's Bloody Mary .. Supercharged with McClintock's Caliente Cowboy .. Disaster averted

I bottled 4 gallons of Canadian Blonde today. What should I do next? I did a 2 hops partial mash wheat last year that was good. Maybe keg that. Good summertime suds.

Jazz and Bourbon to help the Cracked back install.

View attachment 1715312936

View attachment 1715312937
I should do the Cracked mod to my Swinger. Let us know how it goes and works.
I made a plate thick enough to tap some mounting holes for the relays/ fuses and secured it under the battery tray by the bracket bolts. Fairly clean. I was able to drive out to my neighborhood haunt for a late night test drive this week before the snow came back.
A Surly Furious and a Bison Burger....

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

B0D523AA-3966-4E4E-8971-2A6E0795D8AF.jpeg

Last edited:
I posted this on the coffee shop thread. I'm having a couple tonight now that I know my liver isn't going to blow out. LOL How about a Elijah Craig Kentucky Bourbon barrel pick from the local liquor store. MMMMM tasty. I have a bottle of Legendary Rye from a distillery here in Iowa. I may crack the seal on that tonight.

Oh yes fatty liver tissue if you're even remotely overweight you have it too. Nothing really wrong I'd be much better if I would lose some weight which I'm working on now. I think I'll go home and have a few drinks and celebrate. The doctor did mention that I should probably control my alcohol consumption and be careful not to mix it with ibuprofen LOL

20190412_172550.jpg

I posted this on the coffee shop thread. I'm having a couple tonight now that I know my liver isn't going to blow out. LOL How about a Elijah Craig Kentucky Bourbon barrel pick from the local liquor store. MMMMM tasty. I have a bottle of Legendary Rye from a distillery here in Iowa. I may crack the seal on that tonight.

Oh yes fatty liver tissue if you're even remotely overweight you have it too. Nothing really wrong I'd be much better if I would lose some weight which I'm working on now. I think I'll go home and have a few drinks and celebrate. The doctor did mention that I should probably control my alcohol consumption and be careful not to mix it with ibuprofen LOL

View attachment 1715318779
Glad to here your liver is good for a few more drinks. after you crack the seal on the rye toss the bottle north so we can try it up here. lol

Glad to here your liver is good for a few more drinks. after you crack the seal on the rye toss the bottle north so we can try it up here. lol
I would love to. I went to a sampling last Saturday with all their products. They have a double barrel that is nice (and expensive) , a neutral like moonshine and a rye vodka. (unusually different but very dangerous) LOL

It's a simple grain bill, locally grown rye, sugar, yeast, and local filtered water. It's a old recipe from local bootleggers from prohibition days.

It's a simple grain bill, locally grown rye, sugar, yeast, and local filtered water. It's a old recipe from local bootleggers from prohibition days.
So do you think a really really nice single malt at MITP would go over? I am thinking we open it and just kind of leave it out for folks to try? Can't imagine anyone stealing it! As one of the crew would likely always be there. I was eyeing a really nice one this week.

So do you think a really really nice single malt at MITP would go over? I am thinking we open it and just kind of leave it out for folks to try? Can't imagine anyone stealing it! As one of the crew would likely always be there. I was eyeing a really nice one this week.
I'd be all over that. I will bring some home brew beer and a bottle you guys might like to sample.

The good old days with some imagination I think. Grew a few acres of organic rye 8 years ago that was fantastic and should have used it in the distiller instead of selling it. But live and learn.

The good old days with some imagination I think. Grew a few acres of organic rye 8 years ago that was fantastic and should have used it in the distiller instead of selling it. But live and learn.
Now if we could just talk the guys at the statehouse into dropping the 90 year old laws about home distilling we could do some of that stuff. You can make wine, brew beer but no spirits. I horse around with Everclear and small oak barrels.

-
Back