Street Outlaws. Are you guys into it

-
They got away from the cops are coming scene several years ago. It’s a show about super fast cars that are faster than 95% of us will ever go. Are there things I don’t like about it??? Heck ya. Watching big head chief run out, spin around and turn on a flashlight is stupid. Just stand out the and flip on the damn light. JJ’s rules favor his team end of story. Cash days is about as good as it gets racing on streets. And I really love the no prep series run at different tracks, except the first round call out rule. I get tired of the girl getting a first round pass because her team calls her out for a freebie if they are broke. All in all it sure beats watching most of the trash on tv.

The thing that always made me laugh was a 7 or 8 second race takes three minutes to complete lol I really liked the first couple of seasons, but I haven't really watched it in years. I can't stand JJ, whatever his dumb arm drop crap is gets on my nerves.

I think Flips old Elcomino gets totaled tonight. Flip committed suicide years ago. He was a happy go lucky type of guy and producer of the traction compound many of the guys use. I saw pictures of the car late year after the wreck and it wasn’t pretty.
I do watch the show.
What happened with Kye Kelly he was not at mega cash days.
Someone said he was "under the weather"

I like to watch it, better than most of the junk on TV even with all the Drama. JJ is all about the hustle, period. IMO the list race is kinda hokey, they're not running for money and the excuses always fly when they lose. Then the whole call out deal and guys bring broke cars that they know can't make a hit. Yes, drama TV at it's best. At least it does have fast cars.

As far as I can see the show has never been about racing "street cars" they are full blown "race cars" that are raced on the street. I remember about three or four years ago Chief pointed out one car and stated "he drives that one on the street", that's the only reference to a street car I've ever seen on the show.

The no prep series is my favorite and the cash days races are usually pretty decent even with the producers drama.

I watch the show on Motortrend along with many other shows. Drama is just part of today's TV. It is still cars and racing. Like most, let go of the BS and watch for the cars. There are lots of YouTube videos of Murder Nova (original car) running around on the streets in OKC. Even one dropping off the kid at school. Are they street cars? They don't need to be - just cars raced on a blocked off street. I have seen many promods, just waiting for a digger or funny car to show up sometime....

Hopefully this isn't controversial but it's way better then PINKS

I know a lot of these cars are running high 3s to low 4s in the 1/8th on a prepped track. What do you think they are running on the street. Would something in the low 5s have a chance.

I know a lot of these cars are running high 3s to low 4s in the 1/8th on a prepped track. What do you think they are running on the street. Would something in the low 5s have a chance.
If it could consistently put all the power down maybe

I record them so I can fast forward thru the bs and watch the racing. I avereage 10 -15 minutes each show.
With JJ's stuff yah me to.
All the rest, 405, no prep, cash days, out of town racing with the 405. I get a kick out of it all and the only thing i fast forward is the dam Commercials! If i'm watching it live i will hit the => button and find me something to do for a half hour and them go back and kill all the com's. When the Street Out Law show, first started it was 2 and 2(2 minutes and 2 seconds) Now if 3 1/2 to 4 minute long com's
I use to have a VCR that could detect the com's and auto fast forward through them. Man them were the days.......................
O did i mention how much i hate commercials :BangHead: :D

They got away from the cops are coming scene several years ago. It’s a show about super fast cars that are faster than 95% of us will ever go. Are there things I don’t like about it??? Heck ya. Watching big head chief run out, spin around and turn on a flashlight is stupid. Just stand out the and flip on the damn light. JJ’s rules favor his team end of story. Cash days is about as good as it gets racing on streets. And I really love the no prep series run at different tracks, except the first round call out rule. I get tired of the girl getting a first round pass because her team calls her out for a freebie if they are broke. All in all it sure beats watching most of the trash on tv.
Agree 100%

Most roads are Hug parking lots and a straight road feeding them. or a big golf coarse parking lot, or some big industry area. roads. That's why there is a curb to deal with most of the time.

They make you be-leave it's some lonely road out in the boonies(and sometimes it is)

JJ can have his piece of the pie but i will be 405 for life fan. You couldn't get a better mix of personality with the 405 list.
Dom is my favorite for more reasons then he has a Mopar. would be real cool to see a hemi in there! But what i would like to see more is some one to get his chassis tuned up!!! I think he has gone so far off center that he needs some help to get it back. The faster you go the more you need a different set up. Sometimes the set up is backward from what worked when you were slower(NO not a chassis expert, can't even get my slow **** to hook some times)

Glad to see the 405 back on the screen again. Hated to see the kamikaze crash. That boy is built like a Brick **** House! To come out of that crash so well(yes i realize that the safety equipment was what saved his life!!!)

OK flapped my jaw enough.................................

Last edited:
I watch the show on Motortrend along with many other shows. Drama is just part of today's TV. It is still cars and racing. Like most, let go of the BS and watch for the cars. There are lots of YouTube videos of Murder Nova (original car) running around on the streets in OKC. Even one dropping off the kid at school. Are they street cars? They don't need to be - just cars raced on a blocked off street. I have seen many promods, just waiting for a digger or funny car to show up sometime....

Do you remember 10+ years ago when there was only Horse Power TV and that was it!
Now there's Road Kill, Road Kill Garage, Finnegan's Garage exc. There is so much more out there to watch you have to pick what to watch. even recording all the good stuff......you just don't get time to watch it all.

I can click on YouTube and loose a day!

Last edited:
There's a pretty cool show if anyone hasn't heard of it "fastest cars in the dirty south"
I think it's a good show

When they came to our now closed local Southern track, it was a good thing. I never in my life thought I would see so many cars and people put on a piece of property.... However the revenue from that one event got our track re-paved. It's coming to another track of ours later in the year but I have no interest in it.....

Made for TV and all that is great but I have zero interest in no-prep and never will. I did my fair share of street racing and it was a fun time being young and living vicariously but now that i'm older it holds no water. But those guys are the hot ticket right now and it is a revenue stream for somebody.....

JW

I'm trying to figure out how they afford the top of the line trailers, campers, car motors. Given this economy, are people throwing money at their shops to do their cars? Are they millionaires or something?? Do they have the best shops in America?? I dont get it.

I guess some are millionaires. You can see it in the cars. Look at fireball, lutz,larson, etc. those guys have to have bucks or someone backing them. I’ve read that fireball is a half mill$ car.

I'll watch the Oklahoma boys, and the cash days. Can not stand jj and his con artist cheating bunch of thieves. I hope those races are just rigged for tv, and nobody is really stupid enough to race for real under those rules.

I agree when they started that bull **** of crossing the center line was Ok. Well they kinda lost any respect I had for them.

It's part of racing, even in the nhra you got someone mouthing off or give a :poke: trying to get you off your game. I'm not one of those guys. But it all part of the game. It's just in "the hood" (jj's) your looking at it through a 10X Microscope.:lol:

I don’t know what they make but this I can tell you several years ago a friend of mine was featured on American Pickers. I thought they paid there featured host well. He was paid 5000.00 not what I thought.

-
Back