Street Outlaws. Are you guys into it

-
Are they pro-mod ?
They banned fiberglass/carbon fiber cars. Gotta have metal quarters and roof.

I watch it, but deleted all the episodes I hadn't watched over the last year and a half, so only the new episodes for me. I like racing, they provide that.

Being that all the cars are trailer queens anyway, I'm hoping to see a solid block injected nitro hemi door slammer. Just to confirm the level of silliness.
I know someone building a procharged solid block tall deck KB hemi, for alcohol. Gonna put it in a pro-mod/pro-stock avenger....if he can ever get the car across the Canada/U.S. border!
It should be faster than his 1200hp turbo'ed LS stroker malibu.

Last edited:
I think Flips old Elcomino gets totaled tonight. Flip committed suicide years ago. He was a happy go lucky type of guy and producer of the traction compound many of the guys use. I saw pictures of the car late year after the wreck and it wasn’t pretty.
I watch it cuz it's racing ....even though it's just 'computer tunes' and bozos who can drive but couldnt air up a tire...

I'm not into the hype and drama... too much of that all around me without adding more from these type programs
I like drag racing and somehow this program seem contrived and unrealistic
Just my $0.02.....

I like the racing. Can't stand big cheif. JJs a real street racer. Seen alot of clips of him racing cars that are much closer to a real street car. He has a cool Dart and a real nice GTX. He runs his mouth way to much, and i dont care for all the hustle stuff. Just race damnit. Quiet a few hemis being ran in gm bodies. So I guess they're half mopar. LOL. Still better than nhra crap.

Don't have cable. Wish I did. But they have the outlaw races at milan dragway first friday of the month. Been going forever. Used to be a extra crew man but the guy turned out to be a *** so no more free help from me! Some really really fast cars out there.

What's up with tucking his ears in his hat?
Dumb, same with kevdogg

What's up with tucking his ears in his hat?
Dumb, same with kevdogg
Because he has big ears, like dumbo......not really, but he was a little self-conscious about it at first.........now it's a fashion statement.
As far as it being fake, not real street racing/cars. They were, to begin with before the show and evolution (continually making them fast) has turn them in to what they are now.
Fake and Drama...........It's called REALITY TV. You show me one "reality tv show that is NOT fake!.......it just a REALITY:p:D

BOOM! And the 8 penny nail gets it from the 12 pound sledge...

Love the show ! Love the racing !! Not a JJ fan tho !! JJ’s racing shows are all about who JJ can con ! Not about the fastest car ! Every Monday night I’m there in front of the TV tho !

Can't stand the show. Only watched a few minutes here and there a few times. Are we supposed to believe that they are actually doing this hard core racing illegally on the streets with TV cameras, lighting, etc on hand. where are the police?

Can't stand the show. Only watched a few minutes here and there a few times. Are we supposed to believe that they are actually doing this hard core racing illegally on the streets with TV cameras, lighting, etc on hand. where are the police?
Once money was involved for the locality that the racing is in, bam! "Here's your street to use, go have fun as we count our dollars".

Reality TV.....Production company gets permits to close road...pays for permits...pays for ambulance ...pays for security...pays for lighting..,,,it is a show...

Once money was involved for the locality that the racing is in, bam! "Here's your street to use, go have fun as we count our dollars".
That totally makes sense. However, that is not the premise the show suggests. I never heard them say anything about having permission to race. Then again, I haven't watched it that much.

Oh yes they have said that they race on private property but they have a curfew. But hey is it any different than wrestling? Surely you don’t think that’s real.

Last edited:
Not really, but Kitty and I have talked about maybe attending some races locally this year. We have an 1/8 mile track nearby. I'm not sure I'd ever run it, as I don't care for it, but going to watch might be fun for somethin to do.

I like the racing. Can't stand big cheif. JJs a real street racer. Seen alot of clips of him racing cars that are much closer to a real street car. He has a cool Dart and a real nice GTX. He runs his mouth way to much, and i dont care for all the hustle stuff. Just race damnit. Quiet a few hemis being ran in gm bodies. So I guess they're half mopar. LOL. Still better than nhra crap.

Agree on the running their mouth part , reason I haven`t watched in yrs. !
Where I come from, they would have all had their asses stomped by the Fish or Bryson boys !

-
Back