Suction bleeder help

-

player1up

Reaction score
Ok so I bought a suction bleeder and am trying to bleed my brakes after a wheel cyl replacement, but the stupid thing is sucking air in around the bleeder valve threads instead of fluid through the wheel cyl. How do I fix that? teflon tape? bailing wire?
Oh, and why would the new bleeder screw be a different size than the one on my old wheel cyl?

I bought a mityvac 20 years ago for the same purpose.

Never could get it to work better than a long tube from the bleeder down into a jar with some fluid already in it.

Well crap, I thought I was doing something wrong.... I even tried just barely cracking the screw thinking that the threads would seal

Wont the cup/hose method have the same problem with air getting in around the threads??

DOH! :angry7:
Hey, anyone want to buy a vacuum bleeder with gauge and cup? :toothy10: used only once! NEARLY BRAND NEW! :lol: :lol:

Same exact problem here too.....

I ended up using it just to change the fluid.....made sure all the fluid was flushed and then had an assistant pump for me while I wrenched.

Wont the cup/hose method have the same problem with air getting in around the threads??

DOH! :angry7:
Hey, anyone want to buy a vacuum bleeder with gauge and cup? :toothy10: used only once! NEARLY BRAND NEW! :lol: :lol:

Just crack the screw a 1/2 turn, make sure the hose is below the fluid level, and stroke the brake pedal by hand, waiting for it to return to neutral.

If it's not a new MC, don't go full travel, you'll trash the o-rings by going over the step that gets worn in the MC bore.

Check the reservoir to make sure you don't suck air.

-
Back