Supra/lexus ifs swap

-
More! Show MORE!

Greg
15711627333341752224974.jpg

How bad is ground clearance on rear cross member?
Can that Crossmember be eliminated and just build lower control arm mounts off the frame?
Would that fix ground clearance?
What did you do for oil pan and motor mounts?
How does the aluminum cross member attach to the frame?

How bad is ground clearance on rear cross member?
Can that Crossmember be eliminated and just build lower control arm mounts off the frame?
Would that fix ground clearance?
What did you do for oil pan and motor mounts?
How does the aluminum cross member attach to the frame?
My car is low rear crossmember 5 in off ground. The issue is where a arm attaches so going off frame doesn't change that . Raising whole suspension up puts rack where crank needs to be that's the compromise low rear mount. Only speed bumps touch it. The mounts I made are from cheap auyozone spool mounts in middle of block magnum location. The oil pan is a truck pan with some sectioned out of front.

My car is low rear crossmember 5 in off ground. The issue is where a arm attaches so going off frame doesn't change that . Raising whole suspension up puts rack where crank needs to be that's the compromise low rear mount. Only speed bumps touch it. The mounts I made are from cheap auyozone spool mounts in middle of block magnum location. The oil pan is a truck pan with some sectioned out of front.

15711641956601850958459.jpg

Do the tires or any thing rub at all?
What did you do about the progressive power steering solenoid that is on the lexus steering rack?

That is a thing of true beauty. I have to ask though. What decided you on using stock Lexus coil springs and shock mountings rather than modify it to work with coilovers? Cost?

Greg

Do the tires or any thing rub at all?
What did you do about the progressive power steering solenoid that is on the lexus steering rack?
I trimmed part of shock tower I made no rubbing. Rack gutted for now no power steering I'll get that figured out down the road

That is a thing of true beauty. I have to ask though. What decided you on using stock Lexus coil springs and shock mountings rather than modify it to work with coilovers? Cost?

Greg
Cost and ride quality the spring rate is close stock. making replacement easy and with supra coilovers sky is the limit so when I upgrade supra coilovers will bolt straight in.

When you figure out powersteering let us know what you do. I was thinking try to make the progressive power steering system work like it did in the lexus. It's got its own computer box under the glove box and from what I have read on lexus forums it mostly just needs input from a speed sensor to control the solenoid.

Do you plan to convert to any supra parts later like brakes coilovers or swaybar. Lexus ls400 front brakes are a bolt on and are cheaper than supra and almost as big.

Can you post a pic or two of the car on the ground at ride height? Also, are you going to do anything special with the rear end? Years ago, there were pics of the internet from a guy that put a Supra IRS and IFS into a Duster.

Greg

When you figure out powersteering let us know what you do. I was thinking try to make the progressive power steering system work like it did in the lexus. It's got its own computer box under the glove box and from what I have read on lexus forums it mostly just needs input from a speed sensor to control the solenoid.

Do you plan to convert to any supra parts later like brakes coilovers or swaybar. Lexus ls400 front brakes are a bolt on and are cheaper than supra and almost as big.
Progressive bs can be deleted 97 sc400 doesn't have it. The brakes sky's the limits but 16" wheels only fit over smaller brakes my car has 4 wheel disks so I won't be going bigger unless I get 18 or 19" wheels. Sc400 sway bar is unique for 1uz and it's just as thick as supra, there is no body roll on the front of my car. When I setup power steering I'm putting a Volvo electric steering pump.

-
Back