Suprise Not Happy on 66 Dart

-

1966DARTDUDE

Reaction score
I was putting on some side chrome this weekend on the ole 66 Dart. I had to remove the rear interior panel to get to the bolts on the trim. To my suprise I found atleast a 100 small holes drilled in the quarter panel just in front of rear tires, filled with bondo. To fix this right I am going to have to pull the dent that is there out a fill all them holes. Man I am sick just thinking about this. Just goes to show that the car might look good on the outside but hidden beneath might be a whole different story.

Most 44 year old cars do have some repair somewhere.

The good part is you have the car,now you can make it right.I too got a surprise after my purchase.I think we,ve all been in your shoes at one point working on these old cars.:angry7:

That's how they pulled dents back then. Drill a hole and screw in a slide hammer then fill with bondo.

The floor boards of my Fairlane were roofing felt and tar......

There wer the 10 phrases that should raise suspicion when buying a used car: Fresh paint meant recent body work, a clean engine meant it has a huge oil leak, new carpet meant the roof leaks, new tires means the front end is shot, fresh trans fluid means the trans is shot, front bumper new means the brakes suck, and if the car is warm when you take a look at it, the choke probably doesnt work or its got bad guides so it smokes when it starts..Expect the worst, hope for the best! Oh yeah, one more. If it was backed in to its parking spot, make sure you check the reverse gear. I drove one around the block and it didnt have a reverse!

-
Back