Tail pipes with relocation kit installed

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Was wondering how some of you guys Tail pipes were done with the relocation kit installed hardly no room! any pics of how they ran them tail pipes?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have a few pictures.....will start looking for them....

I done alot of digging for this exact problem after a mini tub..
I wanted to keep the exhaust to the rear of the car and i found pictures of the exhaust routing like this.

But i ended up going in a little bit of a different direction. (still in progress) but made my own fuel cell from stainless steel so that it could tuck in between the rails and leave enough space for the exhaust to run beside the fuel cell and out the back. This is a plywood mockup for the idea.

Thanks injunkie! I got them done .Looks pretty good to me im happy.
He had to do the pass side in two pieces.

Thanks injunkie! I got them done .Looks pretty good to me im happy.
He had to do the pass side in two pieces.

I`m curious, does the springs ever contact those tailpipes on compression(bounce) ? looks like they would,on our roads anyway!-------bob:-?

Looks very similar to the 68 dart I had. I insisted on tips being in stock location. Is very tight but doable. Great pics for those who say it can't be done.

Somewhere on here is an a-body with a 69 Mustang tank in it. Took a bit of a frame to be built around it but I think it would probably leave you all sorts of space for tail pipes. Of course you would have to cut the spare tire well out but.....

Somewhere on here is an a-body with a 69 Mustang tank in it. Took a bit of a frame to be built around it but I think it would probably leave you all sorts of space for tail pipes. Of course you would have to cut the spare tire well out but.....
i just cut 3" off of the passenger side of the tank the run my exhaust along side of it. We have a 72 dart and a 68 cuda convert both done this way Sorry I should say this is done with stock A body tanks . I cant put other brand name parts on my cars

i just cut 3" off of the passenger side of the tank the run my exhaust along side of it. We have a 72 dart and a 68 cuda convert both done this way Sorry I should say this is done with stock A body tanks . I cant put other brand name parts on my cars
To each his own....does not bother me one bit...Now where did I put that LS......and the 4l80e......and the 9".....

One of the Muffler doubtees said to my mechanic "noway can it be done.
So that gave him a little push to show off his talents.
He had nothing to say when it was all done.

I need to find a guy who takes pride in his work like that. When the mini tub was done on my Dart, we took it to a local guy out in the country that was supposedly "the best around". He had my car for two days and eventually it came back with a dent in the gas tank (new) dented shocks (also new) and two turndowns right in front of the axle! He said No Charge! threw me the keys and walked away.

Spoke to a shop a while back that hinted around at using oval tubing...

With a little work they fit on the original hangers moved in the same distance as the springs. These are duster 2 1/4 tail pipes and Coronet tips. no mods to the tailpipes.

Attachments

• dus1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 428
  • dus3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 399
  • spoiler pics 660.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCF0151.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 396
  • 15.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 409
  • 16.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 454
With a little work they fit on the original hangers moved in the same distance as the springs. These are duster 2 1/4 tail pipes and Coronet tips. no mods to the tailpipes.

If I remember correctly a while back you mentioned trimming an inch or three off the fuel tank? If so, did you just section it and put it back together?

Next is the exhaust manifold gaskets!!!
time to drop the lower rad hose!!!

-
Back