That modern look....

-
Is that demon the one that theres a you tube video of it running in a parking lot cone race deal? Looked like it was riding around on bumpstops.......

ThAt demon is on airbags just lowered when parked it sit up a bit higher when rolling... That demon is gy out line for my duster just without the air bags

You cant deny that pretty much any car looks better slammed.....from a modern build prospective anyway. No dis to the original set up......just a fresh take that is current-period correct.

I love the ability to have it slammed when I'm parked and have it sit with a nice rake when I'm driving.

You've probably seen it before but here are a couple of my fat fish.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_2735w.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 870
  • 100_2802w.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 887
Am I the only one that likes this look? I know some of you purists may hate the idea but I think its really growing on me!

I love the stance as well as the look with one exception, I'm not a fan of all black rims. I don't know why, I just can't say they look good on any vehicle, muscle or otherwise. Just not a fan of it. But I love black paint jobs, so maybe I'm wacked :thefinge: :happy6:

I like the pro touring look as well but the lower the profile on the tire the higher the pressure.......... I was out on the 40 heading from DC to so cal and while heading thru Texas
Witnessed a chevelle SS pro touring have a blow out at 85mph. Luckily I was far enough back I was able to maneuver the fully loaded truck out of the way.....
The front tire exploded once he hit some sort of road debris. The rim was demolished and the reminence of the tire smacked the lower side panels and screwed up the high end paint job. Luckily he was able to keep control somewhat and not roll the car. I stopped to check if they were ok and needed assistance. Called AAA for them as they were members. Sucks being out in the middle of nowhere without a spare rim or tire......

i cant stand wheels that rub. even a little bit that is supposedly "no big deal"

i wonder if a slight rubbing somewhere contributed to that guy's blowout.

looks mean nothing if you are dead.

I agree....no rub, no matter how slight, is acceptable.

I hate it.
I am more pro street than pro touring though, and i'm an old school guy so that explains it.
To each their own, i can see the benefits of it though........
Just not for me.
On the other hand, i HATE 13'' wheels on any a-body.

I like the big wheel look and am running 17" now. I think I'll have to go back to a 15" to help on the launch once it's making more power though

Im into not just a modern look but a modern performer too. I have a pet peeve though, PROPORTION! Some people run to tiny of a front tire just out of poor math in most cases. Another mis-proportion I cant stand is like the Dart ragtop in the first post when using the 18 front 20 rear wheel deal is look how much sidewall is on the front tires compared to the rear. TO me that looks just wrong. It ruins the car from a proportional stand point visually IMO. The car is killer but the guy didnt cross his I's and dot his T's with size selection. Case in point is look at a 2009 Viper from the side. Those have,IIRC 18x11 front wheels and 19x13 rear wheels, the tires are 295/30/18 fr. and 345/30/19 rr. The thing has just right rake and just right proportions. This can also be applied to old Mopes too if people are being careful and paying attention, not just putting on big wheels for the sake of big wheels and then saying "my car is a pro touring car".

It is not the fact that the rims are big that bothers me. It is that most of them are butt ugly. Some I like though.

It is not the fact that the rims are big that bothers me. It is that most of them are butt ugly. Some I like though.

Amen.

The wheels have to look decent to pull off the "modern" look for me.If it is just dropped and relying on ign-ormous(ignorantly enormous) wheel/tire combo to pull off the look...thats a no go.

I'm positive I don't like it. That Demon looks like it would have some front tire clearance issues....Is that photo-shopped?

Obviously you haven't seen the video of this car going through the cones on a slalom course...sticks like on rails and no rubbing issues, Definatley not Photo shopped.

Obviously you haven't seen the video of this car going through the cones on a slalom course...sticks like on rails and no rubbing issues, Definatley not Photo shopped.

I seen it, it didn't rub cause it looked like it had no suspension travel to speak of. You can do the same thing with a go kart. Looks like they both handle similar..

The video in question, since it seems to have become the topic of this thread. There's plenty of suspension travel for an autocross, you can see the nose of the car rise on the throttle and dip on the brakes. It stays nice and flat in the corners, which is exactly what its supposed to do. That is a very well put together car.

The driver definitely did a little "overdriving" in the video, but with as much horsepower as that can has I can't say I blame him! :D

[ame]http://youtu.be/l1RO2OOingI[/ame]

Found this Cuda with modern rally wheels, I think it is sharp

URL=http://s275.photobucket.com/user/blown71duster/media/KGrHqFHJE4FJeynW-fTBScCLf3Nsw60_57_zpsa3cbbbc1.jpg.html]
KGrHqFHJE4FJeynW-fTBScCLf3Nsw60_57_zpsa3cbbbc1.jpg
[/URL]

Availability of tires would be the only eason i would do that. I like bigs and littles...

You cant deny that pretty much any car looks better slammed.....from a modern build prospective anyway. No dis to the original set up......just a fresh take that is current-period correct.

I love the ability to have it slammed when I'm parked and have it sit with a nice rake when I'm driving.

You've probably seen it before but here are a couple of my fat fish.

Mop

sexy

As big wheels go, and I ain't a fan o' this here 'wennys 'n enny doo's 'n enny hors 'n $hit, I think that looks pretty good. Big wheels should NEVER NEVER be all chrome. They should always be offset with some color, grey, black, or contrasting center paint, etc

You guys have some excellent points and I enjoy your differing points of view with very little judging. Its such a nice change from other forums I have been on and even moderated.

I would LOVE for my Dart to handle like that green Duster. Thanks for the video! Anybody know his complete suspension set-up? Looks freaking expensive.

Love that Fish!

This is a members car. This is my inspiration for my Dart. It's got 18's in front and 20's in the rear. I love everything about this car...

What member does this Dart belong to?
I'd like to get some specs. This is the direction I'm headed in terms of wheel size.

-
Back