The average 408...

-
seems i'm 42hp shy with your dyno program. i better go and find it lol.
anyways and RyanJ if ur reading this... CAN'T BE DONE EH? LOL!

10.2 is not unheard of with 500HP, but it'd want to be a light car and hook briliantly.

Yes they are at .050 lift.

Thats how cam cards read.

I told you i struggle with cam theory!! :munky2:

I've chucked the events in at .50 and heres the result:

429 @5500
447 @ 4500

verything else is triple checked - I've spent all afternoon looking for the problem!! LOL!!

Using MadDarts cam its

426 HP at 6000
425fb @ 4500

Doesn't seem like its the stick.

What other difference [basically] is there besides intake/10.2comp between the 2 to have such different #'s, you have all the info to compare, I don't.

Just seems strange to me to have air flow comp and such to have a simulator puke those kinda garbage #'s out.

I do appreciate the effort you put into this, thanx again!

with all the mixed up #'s I notice the peak hp/tq still stays the same?

I'll be going sp soon and maybe trying a few things..

3500 to 6500 20-635-5 XTQ281S-6 281 299 252 262 .542 .555 106o

Mad Darts heads brought your combo up 20HP - 446 @ 6000

Mad Darts cam hurt the Dart/WCG combo - down 6 HP

Mad Dart also runs an SP and large tube open, so.............

Your heads with with SP, Open big tubes, MDs cam runs:

486 @ 6000

Use MDs heads as well - 516 @6000

Result

Your cam seems ok, your heads are not doing it - probably because your intake is crap and your headers are choking the whole deal.

FWIW - MDs exhaust flow cfm is significantly better - 20 cfm better, maybe yours is suffering from both the weaker exhaust port flow and small pipes?

Mad Darts heads brought your combo up 20HP - 446 @ 6000

Mad Darts cam hurt the Dart/WCG combo - down 6 HP

Mad Dart also runs an SP and large tube open, so.............

Your heads with with SP, Open big tubes, MDs cam runs:

486 @ 6000

Use MDs heads as well - 516 @6000

Result

Your cam seems ok, your heads are not doing it - probably because your intake is crap and your headers are choking the whole deal.

Exhaust flow go's up with a header tube, the stalling at .600 well that sucks but not really at the same time...

when you say MD's cam hurt the DART/WCG [mine] combo, are you saying the program reflects that it is not optimal for MD's combo? or who's dart?

I need a solid roller that, after lash, puts me right at .530 lift....

when you say MD's cam hurt the DART/WCG [mine] combo,

i tacked MDs compmets on to your build one by one, without going back to your stuff.

The one item that showed a step back was his cam over yours - but I had already "fitted" his heads.

AS I said -

His heads showed a 20 HP imp all through the "upgrade"
His cam dragged the new combo back 6HP
then the SP added 20 HP,
then the open tube big headers added another X HP.

If you want to go faster - copy his heads, his pipes and his intake.

about 14cfm but hey who's counting. he he
I would think he would make a lil more power than me, I figured it be around 20-30hp honestly but I figured it like 490-500hp and him 535'ish, could be higher if he went 11.2 that'd add another 12hp, more cfm or solid roller and....

Interesting stuff! ha ha

You can gain 9 HP by going to a bigger carb.

To me it seems like a "combo" thing Justin. MDs cam is a little bigger, but his exhaust flow is much better, he's running a split pattern,

Hey!! Maybe D2000 knows its a Mopar!!

But seriously - Im not sure how you can expect D2000 to know if you're running an SP2P or an Air Gap! , it just sees a DP intake and croaks it!!

Intake and headers is where Id go next, stop diddling around with the heads and the cam. You've got as truckload of torque anyhow!

Either M1,holley strip dominator, or victor with a 830-850cfm carb
THEN....1 3/4 hookers, boy I can;t wait to smash them on a dip.

The LD340 intake was kind of a joke as to look pretty stock and average but then destroy mf'ers, I knew it would cork it a bit but not that much...so it's gotta go.

I'm gonna pull the weiand single plane off my 340 and see if it'll fit, that is doesn't need to be milled or is already milled too far.

thanks again mal

My invoice is in the mail - $32,768.99

Wow that is some interesting stuff......

I appreciate you taking your time to research all the numbers and would think your program is pretty close to the real deal. We shall see tomorrow.

Justin, he let you off cheap!!! haaaaaa

10.2 is not unheard of with 500HP, but it'd want to be a light car and hook briliantly.

127 mph @ 3020lbs i= 485 rwhp
485 rwhp @ 3020lbs = 10.70 et. (w/ there caculated 17% driveline loss. [904 vs 727 comes to mind, also 8.75 vs dana 60 is another, spool vs surgrip, etc]).
assuming that 10.70et was with 1.67 60ft.. what would the ET be with say a 1.37 60ft? how does it translate down the rest of the 1/4mile?
with 30" tires and 4.30 gears i crossed the line at around 6400 rpm
with 28" tires and 4.10 gears i crossed the line at around 6600 rpm
what effect would that have on ET? assuming my peak power came a 6500rpm.
well i can tell you with the 4.30's and 30" tires I got my best mph. with the 4.10 and 28" tires i got my best et and 60 ft.
seems that the 4.10 gears and shorter tire use the horsepower more effectivly then the 4.30 gears and taller tires.
getting the rear suspension to plant hard and fast is also another cosideration for ET. that would also gain et, and prolly loose some mph.. then again mabey not.

now how is it again i'll get 10's in a 3000lb car with less then 500hp? i need to save fuel lol!

I don't know, I plugged my crap into camquest and got 633 HP. I know my **** doesn't make that mainly because it's tired and it wasn't put together as a max effort mill but when I build the stroker with real pistons and an uncomprimised ring seal I should make 600 HP. According to camquest though I can make over 700 HP with my flat tappet cam and over 800 with a roller.

I'm not sure my stock block is going to live under those numbers.

I'm not sure my stock block is going to live under those numbers.
Ummmmm, NO. I don't think so ethier.

I like the dyno sims, but, take'em with a grain of salt.

-
Back