The Building of the Blue Mistic

-
Well, yesterday I got the tunnel all finished. It is welded in and seam sealed. I will take a pic of that tomorrow. I picked up the K-Member, Upper and lower control arms from the powder coaters today. It looks awesome, the pics do not give it justice. The color is metallic silver.

Attachments

• podercoated suspension.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,250
A picture of the tunnel for the 545RFE transmission:

Attachments

• tunnel1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 637
Good to see you making progress. It's going to be a nice ride.

I finished the final coats of primer and sanding of the engine bay. I tape it all off and used bed-liner to coat the frame. I am two-toning the bay with black frame rails and body color engine compartment. Here is the pic after the third coat and still taped off:

Attachments

• taped.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 568
Also got the front of the radiator supported painted also. I am very happy with the turnout, everything looks beautiful in person, sharp lines and I love he contrast.

Attachments

• front grill.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 566
I got the car down to the painter today. I do not have the body ready to paint yet, so he is doing the engine bay first and then bringing it back once I get the engine installed.

Attachments

• setup 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 507
  • set up.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 509
Here is the color that I picked. He mixed it up today and I am in love. It is the PPG version of the Viper color, Snakeskin Green. It looks awesome in person.

Attachments

• snakeskin.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 517
Hey bro:) car looks killer! You've made some progress from my last check in! Gotta make plans to get out to see you and the car! Keep the pics coming:)

Got the engine bay shot yesterday. I took a cellphone pic on an overcast day today, so it does not accent the gold metallic real well, so the picture does not do the paint justice:

Attachments

• snakeskin green engine bay.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 488
Hey bro:) car looks killer! You've made some progress from my last check in! Gotta make plans to get out to see you and the car! Keep the pics coming:)

I still plan to drive the car out when its done. Should be plenty enough time for you to get that 340 in and smoke through the gears. :cheers:

Here are a couple pictures of the engine bay in the sun:

Attachments

• snakeskin.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 484
  • snakeskin2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 482
I LOVE snakeskin... GREAT color. Keep it up. So the blue mistic is green?

Looks killer! whats up with the hole beside the wiper motor though?

It is for the hotwire Auto wiring harness. I am not sure if I am going to regret the location or not. I hope not.

Thanks all for the compliments. It was a big step and a big decision on the color. I am very happy and excited about it. So yes, the blue is turning green.... with envy.

At a big stand still now. I cut my right arm to the bone, including 6 tendons to my right hand. So no engine install for me until November.

First time I saw that green on a Viper I had to look up the name.That snakeskin is a wild color. Fill us in on the injury. Sounds kinda serious.

I just installed the 16'x8' door on my garage that I built over the last year. I tightened the springs down and got some binding when I opened the door all f the way. When I was relieving some tension, the spring kicked and wedged my arm into the track, cutting it down to the bone and 3-4" long. Went into a 2 hour surgery and am out of work (Deputy Sheriff) for at least weeks. I start physical therapy in about a week. It sucks mainly because I was about to install the hemi in my Dart yesterday and decided to get the door done instead.

-
Back