The Cracker Barrel

-
Honkey Buckets of grape juice sitting at Waffle House in White Settelment Taxes, couldn’t be any more American than chicken fried steak, watermelon, grape soda and mashed potatoes smothered in milk gravy washed down orange soda....

LoL

Last edited:
Honkey Buckets of grape juice sitting at Waffle House in White Settelment Taxes, couldn’t be any more American than chicken fried steak, watermelon, and mashed potatoes smothered in milk gravy with oange soda....

LoL
I like it !!

I like it !!

Right. I’ve only eaten at one Honkey Bucket, it was on the hwy between Bristol, TN and Charlotte. And 3 waffle houses, 2 in GA somewhere between the ATL airport and Atlanta Motor Speedway. (There’s about 20 in that stretch of road) the other Waffle House was in White Settlement Texas. Was out in the middle of nowhere. Only thing in town was a Raytheon or the like. They opened a Honkey Bucket (great name, thanks @RustyRatRod ) in Portland OR a few years back. Now you can get the goodness that you southern folk talk about in the capital of the lefty swinging a dildo...

Define excess please.
Drunk is excess, how drunk is excess? A lot may be per person. IMO, when bad behavior comes in or slur words, for certain when you can’t stand up! It also can be seen as what you are doing on how much you have consumed. Driving is an excellent example.

While this may occur, over indulgence is what some may call that if it was a one time thing. Drunk Daily is way overboard. That’s excess. That’s how I see it.
JMHO

Couple these thoughts with what should be a simple dine out establishment.

He sure did...but what is wine?
are you familiar with a product called "welch's grape juice"?

of course you are
but are you also familiar with the fact that prior to 1900 they didnt market it as "grape juice" but as "unfermented wine"

View attachment 1715790766

sometimes what we read in English isnt exactly what God meant in the original language

it is my believe that "unfermented wine" is what Jesus turned that water into at the wedding at Canaan
(i wont go to far into the spiritual meaning of fermentation in the Bible, because, like you said, this is not the place for this conversation, so let me leave it at this...)

No, the Bible doesnt tell Christians not to drink, Proverbs 23:31 tells us not to LOOK at drink

now, having said ALL that...i have been to several churches, both Catholic and Baptist where they did use alcoholic wine for communion
but where i am in my spiritual life right now, i dont think i would partake of that

also says , ''take a little wine for your stomachs sake ''.
be not ''drunk'' with wine , but filled with the spirit of GOD.
Jesus turned the water into wine , and they thot the people that thrown the party had saved the best for last , after the people ''had well drunk'' , meaning some were probly hammered .
My opinion , having a shot of wine , or a cold beer , as long as you dont get drunk , ''where is in excess'' is not bad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^ , straight from the king james version !

I've never taken offense to any names that would be considered "racist" towards white folk. It's just words.

yeah , calling me cracker wouldnt piss me off, my *** fell off quite a few yrs back ---lol

Bible versions differ and that’s why I asked earlier.
Also, one reads it one way and someone reads it in another way.

Call me what ya like, just don't all me LATE to supper!!!!
Cracker Barrel, just home style cooking, what I was raised on and still eat. I guess there are millions of Americans that have never seen such!?? Raised on Mickey D food? LOL

Call me what ya like, just don't all me LATE to supper!!!!
Cracker Barrel, just home style cooking, what I was raised on and still eat. I guess there are millions of Americans that have never seen such!?? Raised on Mickey D food? LOL

their breakfast sucks around here , but their home fried chickin is pretty good .

IHOP is trying alcohol sales in some locations... A beer with pancakes?

their breakfast sucks around here , but their home fried chickin is pretty good .
Normally the staff is responsible for companys image ### if u live in metro Atlanta or surrounding county's and u visit just about any chain eatery except Chic fil a u have a good chance of entire experience being way below par !!! Guess why u know why

IHOP is trying alcohol sales in some locations... A beer with pancakes?

i remember going into a dennys once in Peurto Rico and they served alcohol there

as for ihop, i think i went there for breakfast ONCE, since my sister was catching an early flight out and ihop was the only place open at 4 AM
every other time o go there, its around 9 PM

Cracker Barrel is a good place to get a decent meal.wife and go about once a month. One place I miss is Shoneys. Love that place. When I attended my advance course at FT Knox Shoneys was a weekend stop for dinner and their brunch.

how drunk ?
Above the legal limit of 1 per hour, it's about self control which is in the bible & many other books, which I lack in badly reason why I'm coming up on 10 years clean & sober lol

Above the legal limit of 1 per hour, it's about self control which is in the bible & many other books, which I lack in badly reason why I'm coming up on 10 years clean & sober lol
NICE! Keep up the good work.

Cracker Barrel is a good place to get a decent meal.wife and go about once a month. One place I miss is Shoneys. Love that place. When I attended my advance course at FT Knox Shoneys was a weekend stop for dinner and their brunch.
That Shoneys in Radcliff has been closed for a while now.
It got pretty bad there towards the end. When you couldn't get soldiers to come in, you know it's bad.
Was you there when the Scooters Hamburgers was? That was the greatest!

I know nice guys who drink too much and are harmless and i know guys who sprout horns after a couple.
It's never the booze, the gun or whatever...it's the person.

Wine goes better with pancakes.

Monks developed Double Boch beers, to drink while they fasted. They were able to get all the nutrients they needed from the beer.

The boys and I love that place. We have one local and the hashbrown casserole is a favorite.

-
Back