The Dart has paint !!!

-
Fantastic John!
The stripe changes the whole look of the car, and really sets the paint off with the vinyl top!
I love it.
Keep goin brutha!

George

Fantastic John!
The stripe changes the whole look of the car, and really sets the paint off with the vinyl top!
I love it.
Keep goin brutha!

George

Thanks George !

Well, got the 8 3/4 in today, that was my goal for this week.
Didnt get the shocks on, just to tired for today.
Also got to clean and paint the drums, think the drums still have pretty good
meat on them, so I think I will use them.
Well, thats about it for today !

faucet pics 389.jpg

faucet pics 390.jpg

faucet pics 393.jpg

Looking good Johnny. Now you can start on getting the k-frame and suspension off. I have the frame dolly anytime you need it.

Hey Johnny, I have been busy and just saw your Dart. You are doing a great job, it really looks great. I hope my sons looks as good as yours when finished. Keep up the great work and keep updating. Take care

Too bad you guys can't see this dart in person. Hung out with Johnny yesterday. Top notch work being done.

Slater won BTW. Scored a 10.00 in one heat. crazy

Stunning transformation! That color ought to be called Green Envy. A black BB stripe would look good. Or not, and leave it looking like a bright green sleeper.

Johnny, question for ya'. Is your gas cap body color or chrome?
I have both but I'm going to install painted cap on mine.
I have the chance to paint my car finally tomorrow, but I won't. Rainy here, to many metal spots showing to move 30 miles on highway for the trip and re-prep again before paint if I do so.
I'll wait for a dry weekend, hopefully soon. I'm also shooting mine in PPG DCC single stage vs. base clear.

Any more updated photos of yours?

Mark

Absolutely the best color on that year. Great choice my opion!

My God, man! That car is GREEN! You are gonna need serious UV protection every time the sun shines! LOL!
Seriously, it looks great. Nice to see you aren't afraid of 741 pigs, either.
I have a 3.91 741 pig that did it's first 20 years in an A100, and has been in 5 or 6 cars since, and still works great!
It still beats the Mark Of Excellence's products, no matter what the Mopar mags may say. Weak my @ss!
Keep up the good work, it's gonna be a blast to drive, I'll bet!
alan627b

Johnny, question for ya'. Is your gas cap body color or chrome?
I have both but I'm going to install painted cap on mine.
I have the chance to paint my car finally tomorrow, but I won't. Rainy here, to many metal spots showing to move 30 miles on highway for the trip and re-prep again before paint if I do so.
I'll wait for a dry weekend, hopefully soon. I'm also shooting mine in PPG DCC single stage vs. base clear.

Any more updated photos of yours?

Mark

Well the correct gas cap is a body color gas cap,which is the way I would like to go. However I have a one year 1970 Cal filler tube that is very tough to find the right (paintable) cap for. So.......

Updated photos ?
Well just got one of my Sport mirrors back. Drivers side still drying. Here are a couple pics.

faucet pics 413.jpg

faucet pics 414.jpg

faucet pics 415.jpg

That car is gorgeous! Makes me shed a tear and motivates me to get mine done... Beautiful.

I am seeing a great paint job and a great color too.
Nice job and a great dart Johnny :cheers:

great looking ride!!!!!! hey quick silly question how the heck do you remove the bench seat. have to take mine out to fix a couple of broken springs on the drivers side and i'm completely lost.... any help??????

great looking ride!!!!!! hey quick silly question how the heck do you remove the bench seat. have to take mine out to fix a couple of broken springs on the drivers side and i'm completely lost.... any help??????

Look under the car. There should be 4 nuts. Unscrew them,pop the seat out.

Thanks for the complimant!

That car is gorgeous! Makes me shed a tear and motivates me to get mine done... Beautiful.

HevD,
Looks like you have a great platform to start.
Just got to roll up those sleeves and go for it !
You can do it !!!!

Shedding a tear,best compliment yet.
Thanks !

-
Back