The Dart is DEAD!!

-
Here ya'll go.... the "fixes 95% of the stuff on my car that will strand me and make me ask questions about what is wrong with it" kit :) all of $180..probably the first $180 i'd put in any "driver"

TSP-JM1005C Performance Mechanical Fuel Pump Small Block Mopar

TSP-JM6713BL Mopar SB Ready to Run Electronic Distributor. Blue Cap

Blue Max Distributor Boot And Terminal Kit Moroso Performance 72040 - Pace Performance Parts

66958C - High-Performance Universal Ignition Coil

Thank you roccodart440, for acknowledging my existence. lol

IT'S ALIVE AGAIN!!
Some of you figured it out right off. It was the coil. Brand new from NAPA! Less than 500 miles on it. This is a 5.9 Magnum swap that has only 40K on it and I don't have a ballast resistor. This is fun in a 65 Dart! Not sure I put enough in the operating budget for tires!
Thanks for all the replies.

i've had the rubbing block on the points break off before , on the freeway/highway at speed , and it just dies , no pre-warning .

he swapped in a 5.9 magnum and kept the factory efi. uses a different coil than the carb conversion. these things functions through the fact. pdc box and does'nt use a ballast resistor. when using the stock efi on these things, you're alot better off sticking with mopar brand sensors and such. heard too many people complain about a new sensor bought from the local china mart going out not long after purchase.

Tell me more about that distributor, will it run the car with no ECU ?

Not if you are talking factory injected magnum like OP

Yes they will, Ballast and ECU are eliminated/removed. it contains a HEI module, so it's a simple 12V ready to run.

Here are all our ready to runs for a SB (you'll have to stick with one of the small caps in most cases for firewall clearance.
Super Stores - Mopar SB/BB Superstore - Ignition System

OP has factory injection.....that requires factory distributor for it to work at all but thread kind of fell apart from discussion of points....this is a pointless thread

I don't think most of us knew the OP retrofitted factory EFI...and he didn't elaborate that detail either...not a pointless thread.

...This is a 5.9 Magnum swap that has only 40K on it and I don't have a ballast resistor...

The above doesn't specify EFI...my 5.2 swap is carbed and has trailbeast's HEI setup...it doesn't have a ballast resistor either.

Not if you are talking factory injected magnum like OP

OP has factory injection.....that requires factory distributor for it to work at all but thread kind of fell apart from discussion of points....this is a pointless thread

I was thinking about the distributor for a 340 that I'm putting in a car with no wiring harness, thought it would be easy to get it to run.

Also magnummopar do you sell complete crate engines like the ones that show up on your website?

I was thinking about the distributor for a 340 that I'm putting in a car with no wiring harness, thought it would be easy to get it to run.

Also magnummopar do you sell complete crate engines like the ones that show up on your website?

I have quite a few blueprint and atk offerings, plus we can dress however you want one. And being an actual vendor here I offer a forum discount. I built a 408 last week with that exact distributor you asked about. And a fitech system.

I don't think most of us knew the OP retrofitted factory EFI...and he didn't elaborate that detail either...not a pointless thread.

The above doesn't specify EFI...my 5.2 swap is carbed and has trailbeast's HEI setup...it doesn't have a ballast resistor either.
When I said "this is a pointless thread", I was making a joke about electronic ignition....sorry you missed the joke. We dont sell crate engines, the engines on our site are what we build for the cars we build and if you notice, I dont attempt to sell anything here anymore. There is not enough interest in factory injection here so I cant justify the rather large investment in becoming a vendor. I typically receive a few dozen tech calls a week from people that buy from jegs to save $2 over our price. There is so much bashing and bad info that I have taken a few steps back from all the drama and people pushing Chinese junk over factory parts to concentrate on building cars rather than answer calls all day for free. I do occasionally check magnum thread as well as fuel and air for magnum threads just to provide help to those with factory efi.
I have helped OP in the past solve some drive ability issues but didnt realize until AFTER I posted that he never mentioned factory injection. There are several vendors here that sell engines, Brian at IMM, on the West Coast builds great engines and has the Car Craft cover shots to prove it, a few others I dont know about other than posting on FABO. johnny pace sells engines as he pointed out in prior post although I know nothing of his reputation, I havent heard anything negative about his engines. Whoever you choose, watch out for Chinese parts as OP found out the hard way.

Thanks for the replying, I was on your web page and noticed pictures complete magnum engines with all the front accessories and thought it might be something you sold. I was hunting around for a daily driver engine package for one of my cars, say a 350 hp 318 magnum.
I did check out that Pace 5.7 but with the low Canadian dollar it would cost $15k for that plus odds and ends.

Thanks for the replying, I was on your web page and noticed pictures complete magnum engines with all the front accessories and thought it might be something you sold. I was hunting around for a daily driver engine package for one of my cars, say a 350 hp 318 magnum.
I did check out that Pace 5.7 but with the low Canadian dollar it would cost $15k for that plus odds and ends.

We do small blocks for alot less than the hemi...
BPC4082CT - Blueprint Chrysler 408 Base Engine • Iron Heads • Flat Tappet Cam • Base • 375 / 460 FT LBS

I dressed one of these last week with a fitech for a customer.
FTH-30003 - FiTech Go Street 4 Injector 400 HP Carb Swap EFI System with Cast Finish

If thats all you want, grab a used 5.2 and put a cam in it. If you want a bit more, use EQ heads and a cam....super easy and you wont be into it more than $1500-$2000 with new heads, cam and timing set.

-
Back