The End and The Beginning

-
Wow, I don’t know what to say, except that you have been a great asset around here, and a great friend to a lot of people! I’d like to thank you for always chiming in when someone was in trouble, or was struggling with their project, and always willing to offer the best advise! There are some members here who, when they chime into a thread, I know it’s being covered the right way, you count among those folks!! I hope you enjoy your next adventure Dan, and keep us in mind as you travel thru life!! You will be sorely missed!! Take care my friend!!
Dan, sorry I had to use a quote my key board is needing replaced and I wanted to say about the same as cosgig did, Congratulations and thank you for all your help threw the years sir..

Ralley's 004.jpg

Dan,

We will miss you and your extensive knowledge and detailed posts w/ links. I am sure the guys on slantsix.org will miss you even more. Your posts will live on for years, or at least as long as this forum is maintained. I usually don't find the early "toad" bodies attractive, but your Lancer looks very stylish. The paint and Cragars make it pop and brings out the modern aerospace look the designers intended. I think that styling will grow to be loved in time. I should be nostalgic since our family had a ~1963 Valiant station wagon until ~1970 (mom seized engine by running w/o oil pressure).

After a few years away, you might run across something unique like an aluminum slant six car just begging to come home, or you may stray into old British cars which would keep you occupied the rest of your life scrounging parts and fixing oil leaks.

i got out once. sold everything i had at the time. 69 western sport special, 2-69 340 swingers and enough parts to choke a full size pick up and trailer. went almost 10 years. now i'm back to 3 cars and a bunch of parts again...:rolleyes:

you've been a great help to many, and an annoyance to some. all in all this place could use more people like you

thanks

Who's gonna fill the boots of the "go to guy, /6 Dan?" Whomever it will be better start hitting the books. Good luck Dan.

Dan, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. I could tell by them that you were a gentleman.
Good luck with whatever is next. 500 HP B bodies???

Dan you are an awesome person full of knowledge always ready to help others. Good luck and we will be watching for your postings.

Hi Dan,
I'm only a fairly new member, but thanks for all your help, I'm going to miss your knowledge and well-researched replies to other people's requests as well. A wealth of information and knowledge, I hope you stick around to keep passing that knowledge on.
Good luck from Australia with whatever it is you're moving onto, just hope I don't see any messages from "Hybrid Dan" or "Prius Dan", LOL

Dan, as been stated already, your knowledge and links will truly be missed. I never said Thank You and you don't know it but you truly taught me a lot. Glad you're not going out to pasture so we can at least still ask you questions. Thanks again.

Good luck with all you do young man. Your banter will be missed !

Dan its been a pleasure ,You have helped me many times please leave your account open, We still need your knowledge
Thanks agaion

Wow, just saw this today. Gonna miss you Dan. I enjoy reading your posts. You personally helped me with a USPS mis-shipped turn signal switch. You are a class act. I know we’ll see you from time to time, don’t be a stranger, eh?

Glad I caught you before you left... Tried to reply to your message but the site won't allow me too. I'm too new to email. Hmph. Sent you an email via the address on your lighting webpage.

Cheers,

Jason

Thanks for having the turn signal switch for the 1962 Valiant and Lancer re-popped, Dan. It is a one-year-only part, and had been scarce-to-unavailable for a long time before you came along.

Yer welcome, Bill. It's a 2-year part, '62-'63. Jason, I'll pick up your mail when I land—presently headed home from SAE lighting standards development meetings.

You're truly a fun and knowledgeable guy Dan! I enjoyed getting to know you, working with you, and reading your posts. I for one will miss you! When a door closes another opens. I hope our paths cross again. Best of luck for the future!!

Thanks for your contributions. You taught me a lot about proper lighting and I will use that to help others.

-
Back