The kids at my school don't get it!

-

mitch67

Reaction score
I've been interested in cars as long as I can remember. My favorite Hot Wheels were always the Mopar ones. When I turned 16 and it became time to get my first car, guess where my mind went? Here's the problem, the kids at school can't relate. They think if it's not a loud *** Honda, it aint ****. They even sometimes call it a jalopy! But, the teachers love it! And so does every 'older' person around town, they all say that they had one when they were younger.
You can keep your rice burner and go on hatin' on mine (at least you won't steal anything off of it), I love my car.

By the way, name's Mitch and I love this site!

1967 Valiant Signet 225

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0263.jpg

Way to go Mitch! I love your car too! Welcome!
Nice car Mitch.

Better to be respected by your elders than rubbing elbows with ricer dorks.

I for one always enjoy talking to the younger guys that are into older cars, it gives me alot more respect for them, because not only do they usually like older cars, but in most cases, for some reason, they have a good head on their shoulders compared to the pimple poppin, fart pipe import guys.

very nice car mitch and welcome to the sight. dont let the rice rockers get ya down they talk crap about your car simply cuz they cant work on a car that doesnt have a computer in it. takes brains and know how to own drive build and work on old cars. something that they cant grasp.

I love your Signet Mitch,and welcome also! Those ricer kids don't know whats good for them. But that's OK,it's nice to be different.

John

Welcome Mitch!

I like your car also!

If you have seen one episode of "Pinks" then you know which side of the fence is the most fun. I have never seen ricers on there (I don't believe I have anyways) but if I did they wouldn't last long.

When I was your age I was blessed with a 68 Dodger Charger with a 383 big block, automatic. It would get up and go. From that point on I have always loved a big cubic inch motor, deep rumble exhaust, and the smell of burned rubber! So I was never or ever will be a ricer fan.... front wheel drive sucks unless there is a bunch of snow on the ground. lol

Welcome Mitch.

Nice, clean Valiant you got there. I wouldn't trade that for all the fart-can, rice rockets in the world. Pickin' a Mopar, shows you have a good head on your shoulders at such a young age.:-D What are your plans for it? Any interior shots?

Wylde1.

Thanks for the words of support, my new friends!
You guys have some awesome cars. I knew I was going to like this site.:salute:

Mitch, screw those dorks. You can hang out with us. Were cool and get all the chicks!

X3 :cheers: Welcome Mitch 8) That is one very nize =P~=P~ Valiant you have there :cheers:
I am proud to see more young guns jump on board with us here at FABO :cheers:
We have a good bunch of folks here and some of the best of the best tec's around.
You must be the smart one in your school :-D

Nice car Mitch. A rice burner will never see anything but tail lights from a Mopar, and who wants to drive a car that sounds like grandma's sewing machine?

Good job Mitch.... show those retards what it's like to drive a CAR, not some piece of crap punched out from recycled urinal dividers. You have a nice ride there. You should have seen what my first car looked like compared to yours.

And it's true, we're the guys to hang with and yes, we get all the tail we want.... 8)

<Bracing for the angry e-mails from the women folk....>
:-D

When I was in school, I was laughed at for driving a '68 Charger R/T, and then a '69 Air Grabber Super Bee. They all drove lowered Volkswagen Bugs and mini trucks. Who cares what they think? I get people trying to hump my leg every day, now, when they see what I drive.

Tell the rice boys that your bottle of pop has more cubes than their engine... or... very simple... race them! (on a track at that). As a 17 year old kid at my school... well we have all sorts of people but not tons of car people. But out of those car people, everyone seems to respect.

When I was in school, I was laughed at for driving a '68 Charger R/T, and then a '69 Air Grabber Super Bee. They all drove lowered Volkswagen Bugs and mini trucks. Who cares what they think? I get people trying to hump my leg every day, now, when they see what I drive.

What!

Those are some real nice cars!!!

Tell the rice boys that your bottle of pop has more cubes than their engine... or... very simple... race them! (on a track at that). As a 17 year old kid at my school... well we have all sorts of people but not tons of car people. But out of those car people, everyone seems to respect.

I wasn't going to mention the race word right now..... let him get his feet wet first.

No street racing ok!

< waiting on lightning bolt to come crashing down through the ceiling>

How about a well thought out turbo added to your slant?
Not that you need their respect, but thye might come around if they saw a turbo swap underhood.

Search "shaker" and "lucky13"

That's one pretty little Plymouth. My first car was a 65 Dart GT 273, 4 spd. All I wanted to do was stuff a big block in it. It never made it that far, some one in a Dodge van crossed the center line and hit me head on and totaled it. If I had something as pretty as your car I'd leave it just like it is and find a clone and put a big block in it. That way you show up at school with the slant 6 as bait, and then show up at the track with the big block. Good luck and welcome from Maryland, Joe.

-
Back