The Other 68 Dart Resto Project

-
I didnt get a chance to spray paint this weekend, I ended up spending the whole day Saturday at dealers, I ended up buying a new Dodge Pick Up.

Sunday I spent some time wetsanding, and I found a few flaws (pinholes) that I fixed and sprayed a little more primer to cover up the fresh repairs. Its amazing what you find when you are wetsanding.

I bought a 2008 Ram 1500, 4.7L (new version with 310HP), auto trans. I plan to paint the grill and bumper silver to match the rest of the truck soon.

my08ram.JPG

Nice truck man. I just got a brand new grocery getter too. My little wagon is not Mopar but I love it. Kinda weird we've been doing the same stuff lately. Bodywork, piping garage for painting, building a booth, etc. Now a new car. Parallel universe or something. Hope mine stuff comes out nearly as good as yours.

When is that think getting some color? We are dying to see.8)

I got such a good deal, I stole it!

The list for the truck was $25,000, plus $1,000 of dealer add-ons (I hate that crap). I owed $8,500 on my old truck, and they gave me $4,000 trade in. I got everything out the door including paying off $4,500 on my old truck for $16,100. That is a steal, basically, if you subtract the payoff from it, it means I got a brand new dodge truck for $11,600. So in other words, I got $13,500 off in rebates and incentives. Thats just crazy.

Nice truck man. I just got a brand new grocery getter too. My little wagon is not Mopar but I love it. Kinda weird we've been doing the same stuff lately. Bodywork, piping garage for painting, building a booth, etc. Now a new car. Parallel universe or something. Hope mine stuff comes out nearly as good as yours.

When is that think getting some color? We are dying to see.8)

Maybe you are my long lost twin. :munky2:

I will probably not get a chance to paint this weekend, its going to be too cold, it needs to warm up to at least 73F before I paint. Right now, its looking like its going to be in the 58F - 60F range.

Nice truck. I agree about the grill and bumper getting paint, kind looks like a sore thumb or something black - IMO

I finally finished wet sanding today, so I decided its time to start shooting color. I sprayed the 2007 Viper red for the stripes, tomorrow i will wet sand it again and lay out the stripes, the hopefully I will spray black on Wednesday.

100_2670.jpg

100_2671.jpg

100_2674.jpg

100_2675.jpg

100_2676.jpg

100_2677.jpg

100_2680.jpg

OMG OMG! YEAAAH!!!!! haha

Can't wait! That's gonna look killer! One step at a time...
:cheers:

So you got a well sought idea of what the interior is going to look like? are you custom making your whole dash? I think I will but will make it in a way where I can easily bolt back the stock stuff on just in case haha

Lookin GOOD.Don't forget that 68 stripes don't just go straight across the trunk lid.They follow the lines of the trunk lid.I see this mistake alot when someone has painted on stripes.The stripes never look right when they are just straight across.
Jim

Honestly, I don't know the brand, I bought it at a swap meet, I know its not AAR, but I do recommend them.

i like the chance to mount the scoop with screws from the inside of the hood. That´s the real deal. Have a superstock scoop that i must fix with glue or something, no bolts. Hope to get answer from AAR.

-
Back