The Other 68 Dart Resto Project

-
Time to work on the 68 Dart again, This weekend I am going to finish welding the passenger header, then I am going to pull the block and paint the engine bay, may even play around with wetsanding the clear, and try my hand at buffing.

Working on a narrowed 8 3/4 right now, with a 4.56 489 rear and 29" tires, soon to get a minitub job too, and I have all the metal to build the Caltrac ripoffs.

Working on little stuff lately, nothing major, cleaning bolts, painting brackets, etc. I did finally get the rotating assyembly balanced on my 432 stroker, so that will start to go together soon. Next I need to paint the engine bay, then I can start reassembling.

Wow. It has been a long time, and I have been distracted by a lot of other projects, my 75 Dart and doing work on the house have put the 68 on the back burner. I am proud to announce that I have seen the light, I am back to working on the 68. No bull, I am determined to get it driveable by May 31st.

Latest project, I am finally assembling my 432 Stroker, I bought about $4K of parts for the Dart in the past two weeks. I got a roller cam setup for the engine ( BIG $$$$$$), suspension, and big-o-fat 315/60r15 drag radials that will give it a little stick. I will start posting pics again soon.

100_3444.jpg

100_3445.jpg

100_3446.jpg

100_3447.jpg

100_3448.jpg

Yo Fly, what gives? You said you be posting pictures soon - that was 20 minutes ago!

Glad to see you're back at it. I'm actually getting started on mine "finally". Hardest part is getting to it, got the hood and roof cleared of all the "storage" that's accumulated over the years. Now for the trunk, inside the trunk and interior of the car. Then on to clearing the garage and then the stuff underneath - ugh. The next will be where to put all the stuff that was all over, in, under and around the car. Maybe by mid March I'll have it on stands and start getting the floor out. The car is going to be a loooong process.

If only I would have waited a few minutes - I should have known . . . thanks for the eye candy - nice

HI! Congratulations for your project. I´m a Mopar fan here in Argentina, and I like how your project works. If you dont mind, I would like to know the brand and model for your tires.
Hope you finish it soon and enjoy your poisoned mopar!!! Thank you very much.

Been waiting on some progress pics....this car is gonna be awesome! Glad to see you still pluggin away on the details..

How are you gonna do the wiring? Hidden?

More progress this weekend, got the master installed, reinstalled some misc stuff, and fabbed the rad mount, which is rubber insulated top and bottom, there is no metal to metal contact anywhere.

100_3640.jpg

100_3639.jpg

100_3636.jpg

100_3635.jpg

I also started taking the 727 apart for a rebuild. I should have the HD band strut and bolt in sprag tomorrow.

100_3641.jpg

I got the trans mostly done, but I found the plastic spacer ring that goes inside the front drum was broken, I had to order a new one. If I get it today, I will put the trans back together after work tonight. Now that I have completely rebuilt an automatic, ivwill never take one to a trans shop again.

I got the trans put back together tonight, it now has a B&M Trans Kit, Coan HD apply strut, Mancini bolt-in sprag, and a Dynamic 9 1/2 converter.

100_3646.jpg

100_3645.jpg

100_3644.jpg

Yesterday was an expensive day, by the time I bought new drag radials, headlight, fan, hazzard, and wiper switches, and braided loom and shrink tubing, I spent over $600. Ouch!

Looking good so far. Just out of curiosity why did you choose B&M shift kit and converter? Transgo is MUCH better. Don't expect that converter to last long.

Not trying rain on your parade, just curious.

It the B&M transkit, all the internal parts. Plus it has servo mods. Transgo dont.

The converter is a 9 1/2 Dynamic.

-
Back