The Other 68 Dart Resto Project

-
This pat weekend marked a milestone, I got more things done than I added to my punchlist! Lately it seems like every item I finished, I added two to the list. This weekend I crossed off over 3/4 of my list and only added a few. I think I might be starting it very soon and taking it for a test around the block.

I have two whole days to work on my Dart, nothing else planned for this weekend, no yardwork, no housework, no NASCAR races, nothing, starting in 13 minutes...

Looking good.............when I get back in town I would like to come by and take a look.

Well, nothing ever turns out like you expect, first thing I did was take my Dart's back tire to the tire shop, because they screwed up when they mounted the tires and f'd up the valve stem, unfortunately they didn't have another, so I had to go to another tire store and buy one, when I got back, I figured I would have them do an alignment on my Ram since I was already waiting. That was a mistake, this must have been his very first, since it took him over two hour, I finally got back around 3:30. But Dennis dropped by and we shot the bull for a few hours, by the time he left, it was time to feed the dogs. Oh well, infigured I was done for the day, but after dinner I got a little froggy and started to wire up the car, by 11:00, I actually made a bit of progress. Tomorrow I will finish up underhood and get started on the dash.

Pics of the wiring, I used braided covering with heat shrink.

100_3939.jpg

100_3938.jpg

100_3937.jpg

100_3936.jpg

100_3934.jpg

100_3933.jpg

I really like the look of the braid and the heat shrink. That looks a lot cleaner than I would have guessed without seeing it first. The heat shrink is a great idea for terminating the sleeve! :thumbup: I will have to remember that when I get to wiring mine. Love the build. L8r

Jim

I mainly used it because, the wires are hidden, won't chafe, and is breathable so water can get out. It's also extremely tough, hard to cut through it, but it was not cheap, I bought 5 packages in 4 diff sizes, it cost me $50, the heat shrink another $30.

I forgot to mention, no but connectors anywhere, no crimps, everything is soldered. I am determined to make a 100% reliable electrical system in a Mopar. I never again want to be stranded somewhere because of a gremlin.

I mainly used it because, the wires are hidden, won't chafe, and is breathable so water can get out. It's also extremely tough, hard to cut through it, but it was not cheap, I bought 5 packages in 4 diff sizes, it cost me $50, the heat shrink another $30.

Where did you find the braided tubing? L8r

Jim

Mark, it nice meeting you last Sat. Thanks for your time. I got a few useful tips & ideas. You can get lots of useful info here, but its even better to meet someone and see the work and talk. Great job so far, can't wait to see it finished. Oh! I like the braided tubing, got to remember that, when we get there.

Got the dash assembled yesterday, most of the wiring is done, have to finish up the column and ignition switch today

5b902cb1.jpg

How do the gauges fit with that support for the column I would think it would get in the way.
I ask because I am doing the same type of thin in my 69 dart

Thanks!
Justin

Hadn't thought of the open plenum and X pipe.........that'll work. Hope I can stop by and see your work if I ever get back home again.

Are you using a wiring kit? If so what brand?

I am using EZ Wiring kit, 20 circuit mini panel, plus a lot of mods to the system, extra relays, new switches, etc, everything gets soldered and double heat shrink

-
Back