"the wayback "

-
First of all, welcome to FABO from SoCal.
The lines on your hood fit the Lancer really well. That's going to be a sweet ride. What's the rest of your build plans?

well i took 12 inches out of the wheel base which pretty much eliminates a back seat. originally i had an efi 5.9 set up in there but that changed so it will be getting the modern hemi. big brakes. many ideas. that plan is to make the rest of the car as appealing as the hood

that plan is to make the rest of the car as appealing as the hood

Thats quite the challange you've given yourself. I always thought those cars were butt ugly, but thats why I love 'em so much. I felt the same way about my '66 Cuda before I started on it. After 2+ years in the garage with it, now that its done, I can't stop looking at it.
I call it the "Stop for 1, stay 'til 2" syndrome. At 2am after a few of these :drinkers: even the ugly ones start lookin good. But now when I get up in the morning, she's just as beautiful as when I put her to bed. lol
The hood looks awesome, and judging from what you've done so far with the rest of the car, I have no doubt it will be one nice cruiser when finished. Good luck with the build, I'll be watching this one.

are you naming the car "Sherman"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjPbEGNLSNM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL49E145C413A0CA24"]mr. peabody and sherman - YouTube[/ame]

The doors..........

Attachments

• DSCF1256.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,214
  • DSCF1261.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,189
  • DSCF1262.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • DSCF1263.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,185
Nice project. I'm very impressed with the hood. That is the very hardest body panel to work. Mostly because of the view from the front seats. Add vibration and stress from springs, opening and closing. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Bout time you posted a build, car looks cool! Check this months Hot Rod for some ideas, there is a nice black 62 in it.

Nice project. I'm very impressed with the hood. That is the very hardest body panel to work. Mostly because of the view from the front seats. Add vibration and stress from springs, opening and closing. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

thanks redfish

Sweet....very cool start....l'm lovin how many curves and the bold body lines that there are going to be..

Can't wait to see more....:blob:

Mop

you,my friend ...are a hell of a craftsman....I'm diggin' your action!

-
Back