Thieves

-

GreginCalgary

Reaction score
Last night my house was broken into while I slept. Our wallets, all of our keys and our 2008 Grand Caravan are gone.

The most important thing is no one was hurt, kids and wife are fine.

2nd most important thing is my lovely 1974 Dart is still in the garage. But, I need to get new door and ignition keys as they now have a set.

Can someone tell me where I can find this? And is it hard to do? I'm pretty pissed and somewhat scared right now so I could use some advice and help from my fellow MOPAR owners.

Thanks Guys

door locks and keys are available at most auto parts stores, I just got a set for my 66 barracuda at auto zone for $12 both sides 2 keys

Last night my house was broken into while I slept. Our wallets, all of our keys and our 2008 Grand Caravan are gone.

The most important thing is no one was hurt, kids and wife are fine.

2nd most important thing is my lovely 1974 Dart is still in the garage. But, I need to get new door and ignition keys as they now have a set.

Can someone tell me where I can find this? And is it hard to do? I'm pretty pissed and somewhat scared right now so I could use some advice and help from my fellow MOPAR owners.

Thanks Guys

also put a kill switch on it. if are not driving it for periods of time change the ballast resistor out for one with no bridge in it or unplug the neutral safety switch.

That sure sucks!! I'm just outside a pretty crime ridden area of Winnipeg. Lots of garage break-ins, car thefts,etc.This is my anti-theft plan:
First line of defense- Alarm system.
Second line of defense-3 big dogs
Third line of defense-billy club

PS I've never had a problem!!

These keys will help but more expensive will deff take care of theves

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gSb1yNvHw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gSb1yNvHw[/ame]

Sorry to hear about that. I too have an absolute HATRED of thieves and think they need to have there hands cut off since the law doesn't seem to do enough to stop these pieces of crap. A few things you can do as an add on to what has been already suggested is, 1. put an alarm sign or sticker up even if you don't have an alarm, 2. put up dog warning signs (again even if you don't have one) 3. keep a light or radio on a timer. Dogs are great for keeping you safe, even a little mutt will make enough racket to keep people away and they are great for the family.

Locks are available at most auto stores and fairly easy to replace. A search on here should lead to a few threads on how to replace them.

I have a baby monitor in the garage with the other part of the monitor in the bedroom. Saved a car theft when I had to park the company car out of sight behind the garage. They broke the ignition lock but didn't get the car. I opened the back door and the motion sensor light came on and they took off. Scummy bastards!

I'm pretty damn glad that my wife, my 15 year old son, and my 11 year old daughter know how to handle a firearm. As a former peace officer, firearms safety and shooting fundamentals were the first thing my kids learned when I thought the were ready. I'd clear a building with my 15 year old ANY DAY!

The locks are very simple to replace, the hardest part will be taking the to pull off the door panels and vapor barrier.

Get one (or 2 in my case) of these and I guarantee no one will make it in your house.

100_0858.jpg

As other people have said, a dog is a great addition to the family.

Our chow/shepard mix is the most loving dog that you could have, still alerts us when out friends arrive but can get down right nasty if she does not recognize somebody.

And she will tell you if somebody farts when they walk by.

P8029809.jpg

As other people have said, a dog is a great addition to the family.

Our chow/shepard mix is the most loving dog that you could have, still alerts us when out friends arrive but can get down right nasty if she does not recognize somebody.

And she will tell you if somebody farts when they walk by.

P8029809.jpg
the cats are the ones u have to be careful of!

135 lb in the front door and if you don't live here he will play with you! Ha Ha

Attachments

• the babys 014.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 379
  • the babys 010.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 375
This dog is physco!!!! I would never even think about messing with JR's house because of Frank....
The locks are very simple to replace, the hardest part will be taking the to pull off the door panels and vapor barrier.

Get one (or 2 in my case) of these and I guarantee no one will make it in your house.

100_0858.jpg

I'm glad you and your family are ok. You need to get a dog like this below. His oriental street name is "Holee Schitt". MMG

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 349
Even little dogs will make a bunch of noise. I don't worry too much with 4 of them

Attachments

• air cleaner 004.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 356
One of my co-worker's puppy.........

185 lb. wolf/sheperd mix. He will attack any treats set in front of him, if he knows you.

Picture001-2.jpg

I have to agree with everyone here I have a black lab I don't think he would bite any one But he dam sure will let you know if some ones strange is around.glad you and the family is alright.and disabling the car is pretty easy..Artie

Get yourself a paranoid Rott/Beagle mix.......Mine will never bite anyone, but you'll know they're there.

Hope the insurance company and police step up for you. I also hate to say this, but it's probably someone you know.

-
Back