Think your stroker has a big crank?

-
I think I can cut and weld a bit to fit it in my Duster. Should take a week.

Any block and cylinder head that has an integrated catwalk is a dead giveaway. :D

I bet it has bedrooms, bathrooms and a kitchen.

any of you guys feel like running over to autozone to order a headgasket for one of those?

I'd love to see how much fuel is injected each firing cycle.....

Here's a picture of the crank

20056495_3_600_404.jpg

Also if you read the details, it has no camshaft..........

Wärtsilä-Sulzer RTA96-C - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The descending piston is used to compress incoming combustion air for the adjacent cylinders. This also serves to cushion the piston as it approaches bottom dead centre (BDC), thereby removing some load from the bearings. The engine is uniflow-scavenged by way of exhaust valves that are operated by electronically controlled, common-rail hydraulics, thus eliminating the camshaft.

As of 2006, more than 300 RT-flex96C engines and older RTA96C engines were in service or on order.

So does that make it a 2 stroke?
Also if you read the details, it has no camshaft..........

Wärtsilä-Sulzer RTA96-C - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The descending piston is used to compress incoming combustion air for the adjacent cylinders. This also serves to cushion the piston as it approaches bottom dead centre (BDC), thereby removing some load from the bearings. The engine is uniflow-scavenged by way of exhaust valves that are operated by electronically controlled, common-rail hydraulics, thus eliminating the camshaft.

As of 2006, more than 300 RT-flex96C engines and older RTA96C engines were in service or on order.

It IS a two stroke. The article said it even uses different lube for the crank and cylinders. This is to optimize operating conditions. In the years I've tromped around YouTube and the www, I HAVE learned that there are many many MANY diesels, many of which I've never heard of. Sulzer is certainly roots in an old company.

Reminds me of a buddy who does heavy duty up north in the oilsands.

He told me some of the diesels up there you stand on the piston to polish/clean the cylinder walls.

I watched that one^^^^. At the very end it looks like a giant rocker arm at the top of the video.

Okay, according the video this thing produces well over 80,000 kw. A conversion of one kw is 1.34 hp.

This thing is making over 108,000 hp.

Imagine what the torque is.

-
Back