This 318 is a runner

-
Last edited:
hmmm... idea for my poly....

Remember,Mopar racers used the 318 in the NHRA GT class. The Dodge Avenger body with a teen ran low 10's N/A.

I'm kinda surprised the blocks holding up.

I'm kinda surprised the blocks holding up.

Why are you surprised. A lot of small block mopars are making that much or more and holding up. Isn't a 318 block as strong as a 340 or 360 block?

Why are you surprised. A lot of small block mopars are making that much or more and holding up. Isn't a 318 block as strong as a 340 or 360 block?
Correct.... and with less piston weight.

Only difference between a teen and any other block is compression, heads and cam. Just like 340s 360s or for that matter, a 273

I was just under the impression that most small blocks didn't live long at 600hp+

When NASCAR outlawed the Hemi wing cars, some team ran a de-stroked 305 small block.From what I remember it did well holding 3rd place untill a accident took it out.

The Mr. Dangerfield engine = 318.

There is a significant bore size difference. 3.91 to 4.04. You can't bore it out that much, but if it sonic checks well.....

Pop quiz! What MoPar speed shop takes select 318's out to 4 inches and installs a 4 inch arm for there create engines?

The teen is only down on hp due to bore size. Adjust that, as much as possible, if your so inclined and you'll be OK. At .060 over bored it is 327 cubes. Them old crap *** Chevy 327's ran pretty OK. Now take a few bennifits we have over them .... it should be good to go.
Funny though, I was just looking at turbo & twin turbo kits.
Turbo anything and add lots-o-power.

Pop quiz! What MoPar speed shop takes select 318's out to 4 inches and installs a 4 inch arm for there crate engines?

Hensley Performance
I have their old paper catalog and have hung onto it for 10+ years because it has so much good info!

Last edited:
Hensley Performance
I have their old paper catalog and have hung onto it for 10+ years because it has so much good info!
I bet it does! I have not actually seen it much self. But I have noticed good race and performance shops normally have good tech and write ups worth holding onto for a good while.

I bet it does! I have not actually seen it much self. But I have noticed good race and performance shops normally have good tech and write ups worth holding onto for a good while.

Though the product part of catalog looks about the same, the info is not in the digitsl version, or anywhere on their website. Their website seems bit outdated. Hope they are still doing well, I haven't heard much about them lately.

Still shows Hemi crate engines, are they still available?

Hensley Performance | Knoxville Mopar | Knoxville High Performance | Knoxville Mopar Products | Knoxville Hemi | Knoxville Mopar Parts | Knoxville Hemi Parts | Knoxville Engines | Knoxville Mopar Motors | Knoxville Performance Parts | Knoxville Mopar Performance Engines

Hensley Performance
One of my old mopar mags had a great article of them showing what all went into stroker the 318.

That was awesome. I am wanting to build a magnum 360 with turbo for my dart sport. I would be happy if it ran half as good as that car.lol

-
Back