this is best one to date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i have bought, fixed and sold alot of a-bodies, of all ages.

but going through craigslist the other night, i spotted a 73 duster 340-4 speed. all numbers matching, with fender tag. was not sure on build sheet.

guy described it as if it needed tons of work.

well, i just got back from bangor pa, and i think this is one of the best ones to date, as far as potential, and eventually resale value.

this car is real solid, minus driver front floorpan, center trunk, and the quarter lowers. but hect, it even came with a new stripe kit, and both quarter skins, and a year one floor pan for the bad one.

so, i pulled the rear seat out, and i found a build sheet, that matches all other numbers including the engine and the 4 speed!

while i am not a fan of the 73 front or rear - ends, this one i am going to keep origional as possible.

i think i got a steal on it at 2,900.00

here some pics

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 486
  • 010.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 501
  • 009.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 506
  • 008.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 477
  • 007.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 006.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 499
  • 005.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 491
  • 004.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 515
  • 003.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 533
  • 002.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 507
and of fender tag

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 494
My fave year for the Duster ( no more stupid 5x4" bolt circle for the wheels ! Standard disc brakes with V8 ! Spool-Mount motor mounts ! )
and it's in my fave colours : B5 Blue outside and inside !!

That's going to look stellar when it's done :glasses8: . Love the '72-'74 blue motor with orange air cleaner :icescrea: .

is the breather supposed to be orange? is engine supposed to be blue? lol

Looks pretty decent plot......dang though.....how many miles have you logged on your vehicle in the last year??? seems like your always running out of state picking up these mopars!.

do it right,do it clean,keep it original and make some profit WHEN you sell it.

Nice find!..That is the car, well one like it that got me into Dusters. I saw a B5 blue 73 with white stripes, 4 speed everyday going to school.

do you plan on doing the work yourself? or do you farm the work out?

I remember that black duster you had ...it seems like in a matter of a week or 2 you did (or had done) a TON of stuff to it.

if you do this car as quick as you did that one....you wont have much time invested into the resto.

a big plus that it came with the metal on the deal too.

I also am not a fan of the 73 up bumpers/grills/tail lights/hoods and what not....but I still like it.

and I am no expert on this so don't take my word.....but that intake and air cleaner in orange against the blue block and covers don't look right...can't be factory colors can it? ....I am not sure in 73 what color the engine was for sure but I want to say it was the chrysler blue you commonly see on them.

Hey,
I was just bring it to your attention..........Did you know of the post?
What you and him do is your and his business.
Ever in Texas stop on by and say that to my face.
TXDart

well, no, i did not see that post till you brought it to my attention. i thought you were being a smartarse.lol

do you plan on doing the work yourself? or do you farm the work out?

I remember that black duster you had ...it seems like in a matter of a week or 2 you did (or had done) a TON of stuff to it.

if you do this car as quick as you did that one....you wont have much time invested into the resto.

a big plus that it came with the metal on the deal too.

I also am not a fan of the 73 up bumpers/grills/tail lights/hoods and what not....but I still like it.

and I am no expert on this so don't take my word.....but that intake and air cleaner in orange against the blue block and covers don't look right...can't be factory colors can it? ....I am not sure in 73 what color the engine was for sure but I want to say it was the chrysler blue you commonly see on them.[/QUOTE

]in the summer, i do all my own work, but in the winter, i let someone else paint for me.

as far as needing parts, not much. i think i have this car looking prestine for about 2500 more into it

i am contiplating on stripping it to a shell and redoing everything, even if all the parts are not perfect.

i wish some of your mopar hunting magic would wear off on me. you ALWAYS get some amazing cars.

That's a good looking car. Wish I had one too. They really look awesome in that color combo. Good luck with it.

is the breather supposed to be orange? is engine supposed to be blue? lol
Breather is a semi-gloss black ; air cleaner is "Air Cleaner Orange" ( different shade than Engine Orange ) ; entire engine is Chrysler Blue .
This colour scheme appeared for 1972 on all H.P. power plants ; by '75 , the air cleaner was painted semi-gloss black .

And , just my opinion here : I really like to see a motor which is painted the correct colours for the subjective model year . I don't know why , but it peeves me to see an orange engine in a '72 & later MoPar :???:

Breather is a semi-gloss black ; air cleaner is "Air Cleaner Orange" ( different shade than Engine Orange ) ; entire engine is Chrysler Blue .
This colour scheme appeared for 1972 on all H.P. power plants ; by '75 , the air cleaner was painted semi-gloss black .

And , just my opinion here : I really like to see a motor which is painted the correct colours for the subjective model year . I don't know why , but it peeves me to see an orange engine in a '72 & later MoPar :???:

ha ha painted mine orange

Great project car, Plot.....
The quarter skins are for a '70 to '71, are you going to change the marker light holes or just use them as patches to fix what you got?
X10 on the blue engine and the orange air cleaner. That's the original way.
And it will have an 8 1/4'' bbp rear end with bbp discs on the front if you didn't know this allready.....
Keep it original if you can, FWIW, that's my opinion. There's too many modified '73 and up cars to '70-'72 specs as it is.
Keep it unique!
Tryin' to help.
Tom.

well, it has a 8.75 in it now, changed at some oint. also, the engine has been rebuilt using the earlier piston and rods to bump compression. also has a cam in it.

i am going to keep it as plain and simple as possible.

yes, one of the skins is correct, and the other is for a 70-71, but i do not plan to replace the entire quarter. i THINK it would be pointless, as the top are straight as glass

-
Back