Time to get started.

-
I probably missed it, Somebody already suggested it I'm sure. Leave the battery where it is and;

Considered turning your box around and pulling air off the cowl?

Cooler air in front of the windshield, and as long as you don't open your vent boxes, you pull "boost" off the cowl. Look above the firewall. That's a great place to pull intake air....

If you haven't already started cutting...

CJ

I got my dirty fingers on my intake !!

Just a quick swish with your car wash rag and maybe a little Dawn dishwashing soap should clean those smudges off Mike. Whatever you do, don't use brake cleaner or other harsh chemicals to try to clean your powder coat work.

The setup looks GREAT! You're doing such an amazing job with Victoria ... no wonder she's always smiling in the pictures!

It was good talking with you again today. I'll let ya know when your valve cover gets here and keep you updated on its progress.

Great Job Mike! Love the wheels by the way!
Thank you :cheers: Victoria sure feels better with the 14/215/R70 on her

I probably missed it, Somebody already suggested it I'm sure. Leave the battery where it is and;

Considered turning your box around and pulling air off the cowl?

Cooler air in front of the windshield, and as long as you don't open your vent boxes, you pull "boost" off the cowl. Look above the firewall. That's a great place to pull intake air....

If you haven't already started cutting...

CJ
Thank you but there will be no cutting at all dun for my front air supply and I have herd that you can get good air off the cowl. Who knows I may want some dry ice in the breather box =P~

Just a quick swish with your car wash rag and maybe a little Dawn dishwashing soap should clean those smudges off Mike. Whatever you do, don't use brake cleaner or other harsh chemicals to try to clean your powder coat work. No worries there Leanna :cheers: Nothing but Joy dishwater soap will ever get near your work =P~
I just set the intake and exhaust and 390 carb on to double check my clearance :-D, Looks like we did good sista :cheers:

The setup looks GREAT! You're doing such an amazing job with Victoria ... no wonder she's always smiling in the pictures!

It was good talking with you again today. I'll let ya know when your valve cover gets here and keep you updated on its progress.

I removed the valve cover for the first tome, She looks good and clean up on top:cheers: No GUNK :-D:-D

Computer Repair Ken Slater 054.jpg

Computer Repair Ken Slater 055.jpg

Know to get a couple dents out of the 66 model valve cover so Leanna can turn it into a one of a kind peace of art =P~
I think I separated my sternum taking the pcv rubber out #-oouch :pale:
But I dollied out the dent's and cleaned it up.
Ready for shipping to our Powder Coating lady Leanna :cheers:

Computer Repair Ken Slater 056.jpg

Computer Repair Ken Slater 057.jpg

Computer Repair Ken Slater 058.jpg

Computer Repair Ken Slater 059.jpg

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, what do we have here??? Where the heck have I been to miss this fun little thread here. Hey memike, the car looks great and whats that fire breathing, air snortin', 4 bbl of a set up going on??? Victoria??? Looks like the first episode of the Six Million Dollar Car!! "We can rebuild her, make her better, stronger, faster". I can hardly wait for the next episode, you know, the one where you stuff the Hemi in her??? Lookin good down there Mike, keep up the good work, and keep the posts up, this is good stuff!!! Nella says hi and she's going to send you a message soon! Geof

Geof! Welcome back! We missed you! (Pardon the interruption, Mike. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...)

Heyyyyyyyyyyy nice bodywork there Mike! Should make the job easy on this end. Thanks again for this latest business!

That is looking good. I like the cold air set up you have in mind and using stock locations to make it work out. Nice job.

Geof! Welcome back! We missed you! (Pardon the interruption, Mike. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...)

Yep I have missed him and Nella to, I bet they was out on vacation riding and swimming and having a great time ramenth :cheers:

I needed to post this before picture for Leanna just incase she likes it :-D
And I don't loose it if my hard drive goes :angry7:.

Ready and getting it packed in a box she can use to seen it back :cheers:

Before picture

Computer Repair Ken Slater 081.jpg

Oh sweet! And a very artistic picture too -- like the background (it goes with the orange paint). Wow, the fourth job for you already. My how time flies. I appreciate the work more than you know.

I thought your valve cover was going to be the very first larger part to go in my new oven, but a bmx bike frame and bars arrived today from another FABO member and repeat customer, JLP. (Thanks John!!!) As timing would have it, the oven has been at my shop for a month today. What a cool way to celebrate the mini-anniversary!

Whoops, sorry to hijack your thread Mike. Now back to our regularly-scheduled program. :-D :-D :-D

Sweet, glad its all finally coming together mike, that intake looks awesome and and when you get it all together and running we need vid/aud of it running.

Oh sweet! And a very artistic picture too -- like the background (it goes with the orange paint). Wow, the fourth job for you already. My how time flies. I appreciate the work more than you know.

I thought your valve cover was going to be the very first larger part to go in my new oven, but a bmx bike frame and bars arrived today from another FABO member and repeat customer, JLP. (Thanks John!!!) As timing would have it, the oven has been at my shop for a month today. What a cool way to celebrate the mini-anniversary!

Whoops, sorry to hijack your thread Mike. Now back to our regularly-scheduled program. :-D :-D :-D
Hijack away girl :cheers:

Sweet, glad its all finally coming together mike, that intake looks awesome and and when you get it all together and running we need vid/aud of it running.
You can count on that, I will get a video of it before I hook up the exhaust =P~ :cheers:
It should sound like a mad bumble bee 8)

Update :cheers::rock::rock::rock: Yes I am howling like a wolf happy
Our / guru 66aCUDA is building me a slicked up big valve head.
Victoria will be sporting a 66aCUDA special engine :blob::blob:
Dreams do come true :color:
I count my blessings to be so close to a great / tec
and very happy that I have him keeping me strait on my engine build for my need's and he delivers to the front door :cheers:
I can't wait to get the camera out on the day it arives :-D
Another step closer :cheers: And on a Friday night :drinkers:

memike exited

Just a quick swish with your car wash rag and maybe a little Dawn dishwashing soap should clean those smudges off Mike. Whatever you do, don't use brake cleaner or other harsh chemicals to try to clean your powder coat work.

Washed it and she looks soooooo good :-D
I got to get out of the house :cheers: No house chore's today!! It is to nice outside :-D
I put it all on about two weeks ago to make sure the air horn had plenty of room, and pictures :-D:-D

I drenched the 170/ down and started the prep for the install.
I stayed bent over long enough to get half the old gasket sealer off.
One step at a time for me folks :-D I will go back out and get the other half this evening

Pictures of my time with Victoria :happy10::happy10::happy10::cheers:

I thought rubber coves would keep my hands clean... Not.

910 4 offy 777777777 002.jpg

910 4 offy 777777777 010.jpg

910 4 offy 777777777 004.jpg

910 4 offy 777777777 012.jpg

910 4 offy 777777777 013.jpg

Mike, a couple things.

Rub some dishwashing soap into your hands like lotion, letting it dry there, before you start working on the car. It won't make you slippery (just the opposite -- you'll get a better grip). Then when you wash up afterwards, most of the gunk will be stuck to the dried dish soap rather than your skin.

Secondly, please box up those countersunk bolts the next time you send something over and let me get rid of that Manhattan Blue. The color change on your carb adapter isn't complete unless the hardware matches the new color. LOL!!!

Those carb bowls buffed out so nicely they reflect on your riser. Cool!

She's lookin GREAT!!!!

Those bud lights and tunes make work sooo much easier. The only problem is I spend more time looking for my beer than I do looking for tools. Looking good Memike.

Mike, a couple things.

Rub some dishwashing soap into your hands like lotion, letting it dry there, before you start working on the car. It won't make you slippery (just the opposite -- you'll get a better grip). Then when you wash up afterwards, most of the gunk will be stuck to the dried dish soap rather than your skin.

Secondly, please box up those countersunk bolts the next time you send something over and let me get rid of that Manhattan Blue. The color change on your carb adapter isn't complete unless the hardware matches the new color. LOL!!!

Those carb bowls buffed out so nicely they reflect on your riser. Cool!

She's lookin GREAT!!!!
Billy sure got me checked out and shinny all at the same time :rock:
Thank you Bow Tie :-D Holley GURU :notworth:
The soap thing makes good since soap will do that :cheers: Thank you for some of your secrets :-D As far as the plate screws I like the look =P~, You won't see them until I pull the carb :-D
Then you will see something special from PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS if someone was looking =P~
I got back out there and hit the second half a bit today
Leanna We have some heavy weather coming and yall may need to batten down the hatches.

I thought I would get it cleaned and sealed up before the storm
Know to block it with some good 400 wet dry sand paper and tape it off.
I swear it's hot outside :angry7: We have some heavy weather moving inn.

Those bud lights and tunes make work sooo much easier. The only problem is I spend more time looking for my beer than I do looking for tools. Looking good Memike.
Ain't that the truth :angry7: :toothy10: And like you :happy10: Music is a must to shut the rest of the would off so you can enjoy and do it well :rock:

I took this picture to see how fast rust was hitting it in just one day here in Arkansas this time of year

910 4 offy 777777777 018.jpg

We have some bad weather moving in and I got back out there and complete the gasket area200 grit wet dry sand paper.
Storm's a comin.!!!

910 4 offy 777777777 022.jpg

910 4 offy 777777777 030.jpg

910 4 offy 777777777 032.jpg

awsome ignition goo:-D

Yep :toothy10: I need to figure out what todo abought that goo coming out of the control box, When I got it it was very soft and I think I will change that box out and get another one and install it on an aluminum raised platform.
She sure runs better with the points system off of her. :cheers:

With the help of two you guns, I got it ready for a couple coats of paint.
I am going out this morning to put a small heater on the block and get it warmed up some, It's 52 degrees out side know but it will be 65 about 1 pm.

910 4 offy 777777777 058.jpg

910 4 offy 777777777 060.jpg

-
Back