To much horsepower to put in the general section

-
My boy will be racing his 2023 hellcat "Last Call" at MATS this week
but it is not the E85 Version.

They priced these cars out of the ordinary guys pocket. Yeah it's nice to have all that HP, but unless you use it at the track you could have serious consequences. I have a 2010 SRT with 425 HP and the car want's to go sideways with that low HP when I nail it. The only guys happy are the dealers who can sell them for whatever they want. When I bought my 68 Road Runner, dealer had 68 GTX Hemi on the floor and was willing to sell it for $3600. I was commuting every weekend and felt gas consumption was something I couldn't afford. The commute was 180 miles one way. Road Runner was only $3000. Being in the service at the time $600 was a lot of money.

I’ll never own one but with this stuff available it keeps things very interesting. Great to see a Mopar in the winner circle running a new record mph.

With this being an E85 car will we be able to put regular gasoline in the car? I'm wondering if there is going to be a tune button that is used depending upon the type of fuel used.
Regardless, that's one bad *** car!

Anyone heard if the 6.2 Hemi hellephant will be available aftermarket?

0F7B0B6A-E335-4B14-A988-3FA3CEF8ED9D.jpeg

My brother has a 2020
Challenger 1320 . It's n/a and on e85 it runs 7.00 1/8th mile and 11.00 in the 1/4. It's basically a stock 6.4 that's been tuned and has a smaller crankshaft pulley

Ours ran 11.1 @ 126 MPH into a 22 MPH Headwind and 3000
Density Elevation.
It has just turned 500 Miles and seems to be pulling timing and stumbling.
last 300 Ft. 1.61 60 Ft. (New Last Saturday)

With this being an E85 car will we be able to put regular gasoline in the car? I'm wondering if there is going to be a tune button that is used depending upon the type of fuel used.
Regardless, that's one bad *** car!

Anyone heard if the 6.2 Hemi hellephant will be available aftermarket?
Any manufacturer who made an E85 only vehicle is silly. You cannot drive anywhere in the W except a few places in WA, very few more in OR and quite a few in CA

Personally, I liked the Challenger and Chargers for the first 5 years. Since then, it's just new hoods, stripes, and wheels. Then there's the unobtainable cars that aren't really available... Sorry, they milked the **** outta that platform. No thanks.

Personally, I liked the Challenger and Chargers for the first 5 years. Since then, it's just new hoods, stripes, and wheels. Then there's the unobtainable cars that aren't really available... Sorry, they milked the **** outta that platform. No thanks.
I hate that fact that they call it a challenger when it looks more like a cuda with a challenger inspired grille/ taillights... without the bodyline down the side it's no challenger.

Look how much money they saved not changing any major body work. A 24 year old platform that made Chrysler a lot of money. The big problem I see is the reliability of their cars, the Ram trucks are selling very well and pretty reliable. But then the Jeep brand seems to be the most unreliable brand almost like they are still being built by AMC. I have an 18 year old Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and has never failed me, and has been ultra reliable.
Back in the 50's and 60's you could tell what each car was and couldn't wait for Sept. for the new car lineup to see what's new. A classmate of mine in 1956 brought in the 56 Fury book and at 10 years old I was in awe of how good it looked. His Dad was a salesman for Plymouth and that's how he got it. I eventually become the proud owner of a 58 Fury in 64 and drove it for 4 years and put 75,000 miles on it for a total of 147,000 miles. Another reliable car. The 57 & 58 shared a lot of body parts but the 59 was completely different and so was the 60 Plymouth. And then the radical 61 & 62 that had to fall short in the sales Dept..

-
Back