Torq Converter 273 ci.

-

DGÉ

Reaction score
Hello I want to know that the Torque Converter you have replaced for your construction of your 273 with 904 transmission 1965 and 1966, I find not the right one, thank you, DGÉ.

[QUOTE = "66fyssh, post: 1973261367, membre: 30978"] Recherchez-vous un type de remplacement original ou une vitesse de décrochage plus élevée?

Le moteur est-il en stock? [/

Hello thank you for answering me, my engine is .030 over on pistons and 8 3/4 at the rear 2.76, mounted heads and intake of 4DB full MSD fires and 650 carbs with 225 15 inch rear tires, Road and Track, thank you dgé

Last edited:
Ha oui et le convertisseur a-t-il des dents après le convertisseur ou sur une couronne en plus, deg.
nous, deg.

Do you take a ring gear and then a converter, or if the teeth on the converter, yes higher than stock around 1800 to 2000 stall, thanks dge.

Last edited:
Sounds great! Should be a fun engine!

As you probably already know, the early (up to 67) torque converter have a small snout and can be difficult to find.

Do you know of any torque converter rebuild companies in your area? They could recommend a stall speed based on your combination and rebuild yours.
Maybe @4spdragtop or @oldkimmer know a FABO member over your way who could recommend a company.

There are a number of them in the states. Here are two.

Coan Racing Torque Converter Rebuild and Repair - Services

Welcome to Hughes Performance - Hughes Performance

Prends-tu une couronne dentée puis un convertisseur, merci dégé
[QUOTE = "66fyssh, post: 1973261393, membre: 30978"] Sonne bien! Devrait être un moteur amusant!

Comme vous le savez probablement déjà, les premiers convertisseurs de couple (jusqu'à 67) ont un petit museau et peuvent être difficiles à trouver.

Connaissez-vous des entreprises de reconstruction de convertisseurs de couple dans votre région? Ils pourraient recommander une vitesse de décrochage en fonction de votre combinaison et reconstruire la vôtre.
Peut-être que [USER = 11349] @ 4spdragtop [/ USER] ou [USER = 3615] @oldkimmer [/ USER] connaît un membre FABO de votre côté qui pourrait recommander une entreprise.

Il y en a un certain nombre aux États-Unis. En voici deux.

Reconstruction et réparation du convertisseur de couple Coan Racing - Services

Bienvenue dans Hughes Performance - Hughes Performance [/ QUOTE]
THANK YOU dgé.

Thanks 66fyssh.
I'm not sure where to get a torque converter up here to be honest.
But before you buy one anywhere, post the company name here to make sure you get reviews about them.
Good luck!
Sounds great! Should be a fun engine!

As you probably already know, the early (up to 67) torque converter have a small snout and can be difficult to find.

Do you know of any torque converter rebuild companies in your area? They could recommend a stall speed based on your combination and rebuild yours.
Maybe @4spdragtop or @oldkimmer know a FABO member over your way who could recommend a company.

There are a number of them in the states. Here are two.

Coan Racing Torque Converter Rebuild and Repair - Services

Welcome to Hughes Performance - Hughes Performance

[QUOTE = "4spdragtop, post: 1973261401, membre: 11349"] Merci 66fyssh.
Je ne sais pas trop où trouver un convertisseur de couple ici pour être honnête.
Mais avant d'en acheter un n'importe où, publiez le nom de l'entreprise ici pour vous assurer d'obtenir des avis à leur sujet.
Bonne chance! [/ QUOTE]
Thank you sir.

There is a member here called Zoi, he is in Quebec also.
I'll page him @MAPS
[QUOTE = "4spdragtop, post: 1973261401, membre: 11349"] Merci 66fyssh.
Je ne sais pas trop où trouver un convertisseur de couple ici pour être honnête.
Mais avant d'en acheter un n'importe où, publiez le nom de l'entreprise ici pour vous assurer d'obtenir des avis à leur sujet.
Bonne chance! [/ QUOTE]
Thank you sir.

I use a guy a couple of hours away from me. Being out east I would think any bigger city should have a rebuilder out there. Montreal should have a couple. SMR sells new stuff. Depending on how much he wants to spend. A rebuilder can raise the stall some and add bearings instead of washers to make the converter more efficient. Kim

Hey DGE your combo seems a lot like my 66 273, the only difference is that I am running a 3:55 sure grip in my 8 3/4 rear end along with 14" tires. I installed a 2400 stall converter in my 66, I had it built by EDGE Racing out in California, I spoke with Andre at EDGE and a few others and that's what was recommended by all, and yes I am happy with it.
Bob

Andre at Edge racing converters has been very accommodating about small pilot converters. He has actually built some for me with the small pilot, and large input splines. My converter stalls 3200 behind a 170 slant, and 4000 with a 225 slant.

Hello thank you for answering me, my engine is .030 over on pistons and 8 3/4 at the rear 2.76, mounted heads and intake of 4DB full MSD fires and 650 carbs with 225 15 inch rear tires, Road and Track, thank you dgé
With a stock 2bbl cam, a 2400 will be nice.
Personally, I would like a 2800 with those 2.76s, at the stock compression ratio. I love my 2800.

Merci à tous pour votre aide précieuse, je prendrai une décision bientôt, j'ai un éventuel constructeur près de chez moi, je souhaite à tous un merveilleux moment pour la saison froide.
Thank you all for your great help, I will make a decision soon, I have a possible builder near my home, I wish everyone a wonderful time for the cold season.

Thanks 66fyssh.
I'm not sure where to get a torque converter up here to be honest.
But before you buy one anywhere, post the company name here to make sure you get reviews about them.
Good luck!
Finding a converter builder is not all that difficult. In Ontario:>SMR, in BRADFORD, ONT. 888-846-6603. He at one time was a very active S/S drag racer. Knows his stuff on Mopars for sure. Check out his website, or give him a phone call.
Knew him when I worked in the industry and always got a positive response if I was talking to one of his customers. There are others, but he's the closest in your area.

Much appreciated!
Finding a converter builder is not all that difficult. In Ontario:>SMR, in BRADFORD, ONT. 888-846-6603. He at one time was a very active S/S drag racer. Knows his stuff on Mopars for sure. Check out his website, or give him a phone call.
Knew him when I worked in the industry and always got a positive response if I was talking to one of his customers. There are others, but he's the closest in your area.

[QUOTE = "transman, post: 1973265246, membre: 4778"] Trouver un constructeur de convertisseur n'est pas si difficile. En Ontario:> SMR, à BRADFORD, ONT. 888-846-6603. À un moment donné, il était un coureur de dragsters S / S très actif. Connaît ses affaires sur Mopars à coup sûr. Consultez son site Web ou appelez-lui.
Je le connaissais quand je travaillais dans l'industrie et j'ai toujours eu une réponse positive si je parlais à l'un de ses clients. Il y en a d'autres, mais il est le plus proche de votre région. [/ QUOTE]
Bonjour j'ai fait fabriquer un nouveau convertisseur près de chez moi Gérard a 40 ans d'expérience et je crois qu'après avoir parlé avec environ 2h, (près de 400,00 $ pour 2400-2800 rpm) je vous donne quelques nouvelles pour l'été. test, merci encore une fois, Gerald.
Hello I had a new Converter made near my home Gérard has 40 years of experience and I believe after having spoken with about 2hrs, (nearly $ 400.00 for 2400-2800 rpm) I give you some news for the summer. test, thank you all again, Gerald.

[QUOTE = "66fyssh, post: 1973290252, membre: 30978"] C'est super! Je suis content que vous ayez trouvé un constructeur. Vous en serez satisfait. [/ QUOTE]

Me too,thank you,dgé.

-
Back