Trick Flow 440 heads, The Real Deal?

-
The RB intake is shipping now and the B intake should be shipping by the end of this month. I'll post pictures as soon as I get my hands on one.

Has anyone checked the geometry on these heads with a set of adjustable ductile rockers like crane or isky?
I just mocked up crane iron rockers, crane gold with roller tip, and oem stamped rocker just for interest.
With valve closed the Crane iron rocker contacts the valve stem at near stem centerline (see Photo). Rocker contact "rocks" toward exhaust side of valve stem, then the rocker starts to drag back across the valve stem at about .35 lift, for sure by .4 lift. The geometry is no good.
Crane Gold with roller tip contacts valve stem just to intake side of stem centerline (see photo), then rolls just to exh side of centerline, then by .5 lift the roller is sweeping back toward centerline...at .6 lift roller looks close to centered on valve stem.
OEM stamped rocker was similar to Crane iron....contact started near valve stem centerline (see Photo) and by .3 lift rocker was on the exhaust side edge of valve stem with geometry getting worse with more lift.

I then compared the Trick Flow intake port short turn to OEM 906 and Dart 230cc sbc. Photo of results is attached.

Attachments

• Crane iron rocker.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 799
  • Crane gold rocker.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 814
  • OEM stamped rocker.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 806
  • TrickFlow short turn1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 808
Looks like the low deck intakes are now shipping. I'll post pictures as soon as mine arrives.

Thank you, just asking because most of the time we have found a little (+5 to 10) plus some rpm just with tighter lash or taking some adv. out.

I just mocked up crane iron rockers, crane gold with roller tip, and oem stamped rocker just for interest.
With valve closed the Crane iron rocker contacts the valve stem at near stem centerline (see Photo). Rocker contact "rocks" toward exhaust side of valve stem, then the rocker starts to drag back across the valve stem at about .35 lift, for sure by .4 lift. The geometry is no good.
Crane Gold with roller tip contacts valve stem just to intake side of stem centerline (see photo), then rolls just to exh side of centerline, then by .5 lift the roller is sweeping back toward centerline...at .6 lift roller looks close to centered on valve stem.
OEM stamped rocker was similar to Crane iron....contact started near valve stem centerline (see Photo) and by .3 lift rocker was on the exhaust side edge of valve stem with geometry getting worse with more lift.

I then compared the Trick Flow intake port short turn to OEM 906 and Dart 230cc sbc. Photo of results is attached.

Is there any way to correct the geometry on the iron rocker since it rocks out and then back?

Thank you, just asking because most of the time we have found a little (+5 to 10) plus some rpm just with tighter lash or taking some adv. out.

Well sure you can pick up some top end power by making the cam bigger but what about the torque curve? I ran a 271 cam in my 470 and it made a little more peak power but killed off the bottom end so I went with a smaller cam. I don't think it makes sense to then tighten up the lash on the smaller cam in order to make it bigger again. If the cam is wrong I'd rather change the cam.

Just got my intake manifold back from Wilson. I'll get this bolted on and then get back on the dyno. The new intake from Trick Flow should be showing up shortly also.

Attachments

• DSC_9497 (Large).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 648
  • DSC_9501 (Large).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 596
That's interesting how they put the name on there. What does that service go for $$$?

Looks like their Logo and a MODEL or SERIAL # stamp, nice looking Andy!!

did they modify the intake floor to give it the turtle design ?

Trick Flow Low Deck 383-400 intake manifold

Low%20Deck%20Intake-1_zpsvgcg9ur2.jpg

Low%20Deck%20Intake-3_zps9kfcv792.jpg

Low%20Deck%20Intake-3_zpstd9f9eyw.jpg

Wilson/MP vs. TFS intake floor configuration comparison photo.

Looks like probably a 4500 pad on the MP intake and a 4150 pad on the TFS intake.

Wilson%20MP%20Low%20Deck%20c_zpsdpwaukhp.jpg
Low%20Deck-2%20c2_zpsia7bubhd.jpg

That Wilson/MP intake does indeed have the 4500 cab pad. That carb pad is also moved back a bit exposing the runners as compared to the regular MP intake. AndyF I think uses a similar or same intake on his builds he shows here.

That Wilson/MP intake does indeed have the 4500 cab pad. That carb pad is also moved back a bit exposing the runners as compared to the regular MP intake. AndyF I think uses a similar or same intake on his builds he shows here.

Yep, I like the MP 4500 intake, even for use with a 4150 carb. The 4500 intake has a big plenum while the Victor intake has a really small plenum. The MP 4500 intake is lower than the Victor intake and it costs less. On the dyno they make about the same power depending on the engine. The nice thing about the 4500 intake is that you can bolt a Dominator on there if you want to and still have it fit under a hood. The Victor intake is tall and then you have to add an adapter to run a Dominator. But not very many people think like me 'cause the MP 4500 intake isn't very popular. Not even sure if you can buy them anymore.

Yep, I like the MP 4500 intake, even for use with a 4150 carb. The 4500 intake has a big plenum while the Victor intake has a really small plenum. The MP 4500 intake is lower than the Victor intake and it costs less. On the dyno they make about the same power depending on the engine. The nice thing about the 4500 intake is that you can bolt a Dominator on there if you want to and still have it fit under a hood. The Victor intake is tall and then you have to add an adapter to run a Dominator. But not very many people think like me 'cause the MP 4500 intake isn't very popular. Not even sure if you can buy them anymore.

This the one? Are you planning to test the TFS B intake on your engine? Really curious how it does vs what's out now.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P4529724/10002/-1?parentProductId=747001

312-P4529725.jpg

No, there isn't any room for a coil! That just shows how lazy the guys at Mopar Performance were towards the end. They didn't bother to double check if the part they designed worked or not.

No room here for a coil. Whoever designed the intake and put that coil mount on there was just phoning it in. Either they didn't know what a Dominator carb looked like or they just didn't care.

Attachments

• DSC_9526 (Large).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 422
No John THANK YOU!

Yep Mike, and here are Trick Flow heads and your roller lifters, for that customer, at work..............3000-6000rpm

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI36YJLu7VI&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI36YJLu7VI&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

590HP/555LB-FT

-
Back