Trick Flow small block heads

-
Knowing how to play with duration goes a long way. Mopar back in the 1970’s played the game well with there old 750 lift 286 (333 duration) cams. Jim Dowel at Racer Brown does it well today. A little tweak here and a little tweak there goes a long way.

Well without going through all the threads this has prob been posted before but here it is again>

Only a dyno number, track results may vary of course but in a 3200 car with a good chassis/proper verter 10.50's is on the cards as you all know. Hardly anyone over here in the UK has woken up to these heads yet, were still in the crappy Eddy head stage or perhaps just getting over it?,...I've posted this up on my FB page some time ago, cannot see why, apart from the cost of the heads, SB guys aren't going this route, thats good hp from a 360 and you don't necessarily need a solid roller, there's more power there with a better intake/carb etc.

I have watched all his u tube videos. He has finally got the car to run 11.18 in the 1/4..needs to work on his 60 foot time. I think he said his best 60 foot was a 1.59. But he built a wicked little 360

I have watched all his u tube videos. He has finally got the car to run 11.18 in the 1/4..needs to work on his 60 foot time. I think he said his best 60 foot was a 1.59. But he built a wicked little 360

Is this the guy that races on the real short under 1/8 mile track. If so he’s a bit of a dork but I like his girlfriend.

A skosh over 1/16th of a mile. Almost a sand drag track.
I dont rember what is was. But he said there was a formula to figure out what your 1/4 time would be. But damn its a short track. Lol there was one car he raced against that ran 8.70 in the 1/4 he said.

Mo smoke Mo betta!!
That was me when i went from my 340 that i couldn't burn the tires to the starting line. To my 408 that i could burn past the tree.:lol: Then i had to buy some new slick............
Calmed me right down........who was it that said "just because you can...........don't mean you should" :D

I finally got mine up and running, it's been a long year. 360 stock bottom end, 11 to 1 compression, Trick Flow heads, Bullet solid flat tappet cam 251/254@50 106LSA and .623 lift solid lifters with Mancini Racing 1.6 rockers. CRT A904 trans with reverse manual and Ultimate 5200 stall converter. It pulls hard and puts it sideways in second but I haven't pushed it over 5000 rpm yet. At least I got a little bit of time on the engine before the winter. Snow forecasted for tomorrow...

Last edited:
cool cam....how´s it running? Did you have experience before with the tight LSA?

EDIT: just saw your video.....idling around 900 rpm?

Michael

It's running good, has lots of low end torque but still needs some carb tuning. That'll be next Spring after the long winter nap. The new converter really woke it up and the guys from Ultimate were correct, put it in drive and it'll start rolling.

Has anyone here verified the combustion chamber volume of their Trick Flow small block heads?

I am asking because I am estimating compression ratios based on specifications they list, but I don't remember seeing anyone say they specifically checked or verified the combustion chamber size. I assume it will be pretty darn close to the advertised specification of 60cc since the chambers are CNC profiled, but just looking for actual verification.

Has anyone here verified the combustion chamber volume of their Trick Flow small block heads?

I am asking because I am estimating compression ratios based on specifications they list, but I don't remember seeing anyone say they specifically checked or verified the combustion chamber size. I assume it will be pretty darn close to the advertised specification of 60cc since the chambers are CNC profiled, but just looking for actual verification.

BTTT. Interested in this info as well. Have not read through all 42 pages of this thread but what kind of compression ratios are people getting with these? Inquiring minds ant to know.

Hey Greg, long time no see. How’s life treating you and the family.

Wife's ride...

.030-360
Zero deck Federal-Mougal (the 116 slug) flat top hypers w/6cc valve reliefs. Trick flow heads and a .028 thick, 4.04 bore bore head gasket from Cometic. (SP?)

Hey Greg, long time no see. How’s life treating you and the family.

Wife's ride...

.030-360
Zero deck Federal-Mougal (the 116 slug) flat top hypers w/6cc valve reliefs. Trick flow heads and a .028 thick, 4.04 bore bore head gasket from Cometic. (SP?)

Rob, based on your specs, online calculator says 11.4:1?

:lol:
There ya go. That’s about what I remember, but fail to remember for sure. That’s why I spelled it out. Sorry.

I also run a Comp Hyd roller @ 226 intake on a 110 LSA installed at 106. FWIW, it’s fine on 93.

Cool, thanks! The 416" that I built like 5-6 years ago has been sitting for a couple years now so I'm going to have to go through it when I get it out of storage. Besides, it didn't quite make the power I was hoping for and since it needs to be gone though am thinking about getting these heads, the new TF intake and maybe a small roller cam. OOTB they seem to flow around the same as the ported RHS/X heads I have now but should save some weight and allow a slightly higher compression ratio. Messing with big block stuff the last few years, I miss small block world.

-
Back