Turn That Crap Down!!!

-
Chris Stapleton
Whiskey Myers
Blackberry Smoke
The Georgia Thunderbolts

All great newer bands that rock like the good old bands we love.

here’s a good one from Stapleton

We are a product of our times.
My parents thought that the Beatles were ''too radical''.
At work they play various stations and some of the new stuff.
One time they were playing ''oldies'' and The Steve Miller Band came up.
A young guy I was working with hated it and the station.
I told him that I didn't care for his new music either, but when you are my age, it will be the ''oldies'' and teenagers won't like it.
That shut him up for awhile at least...

Try working at a dealership and EVERY car is tuned to rap or hip hop because the porters are the last ones in the cars before they are brought around front. As mentioned above, there are some very talented people making music right now, but you're gonna have a hard time finding them over commercial air waves.

Try working at a dealership and EVERY car is tuned to rap or hip hop because the porters are the last ones in the cars before they are brought around front. As mentioned above, there are some very talented people making music right now, but you're gonna have a hard time finding them over commercial air waves.
They shouldn't be messing with customers cars. That was a no no when I worked at any dealership.

I was doing Quality Control at a G.M. out source and of course we had music playing. We had one guy complaining about the oldies being played.
Cream was playing and this guy asked who the band was and I said Cream.
He said what a stupid name for a band, I said to him "I guess they should have picked Butt Hole Surfers when they had the chance". Everyone broke up laughing and he told me to F off and walked away. Perfect!!

Well I’m old. Last new song I liked was Machine Gun Blues. What the **** happened to music? Seriously! I never thought I’d be “That Guy”. And I’m a guitar player!
That’s funny because that’s exactly what my grandfather said about my dad’s music, what my dad said about my music and what I say about my kids music. Sign of the times. However luckily there’s a knob on the side of that thing that say off with an arrow

That’s funny because that’s exactly what my grandfather said about my dad’s music, what my dad said about my music and what I say about my kids music. Sign of the times. However luckily there’s a knob on the side of that thing that say off with an arrow
My wife uses it all the time, at least the volume lol

Not the biggest Country fan but I do like what Corb Lund I've heard.

Last "new" music I liked was Samantha Fish, although I guess the style is not really "new".

Lately I've been into Mega Drive. "Synth Wave" (bear with me here....) that sounds like movie soundtrack end credits with "crunch".

Has the OP heard any of Smashing Pumpkin's heavy rockers?
Billy Corgan is quite the bad-***. (although that's 90's)

I went through a huge Alice In Chains period, but was disappointed with their live show.
I had the chance to see Foo Fighters on their second album tour but declined.
Regret that as now they are $$$ and they have a lot of material I like.

I'll second Avenged Sevenfold esp mid career stuff. Great guitar and arrangements.

90's stuff again, but if you like roots rock/old school country/semi-rockabilly that makes fun of it's self and everything else---Rev Horton Heat.

Along the same lines- 90's/00's Southern Culture On The Skids. I describe them as Dick Dale meets the B52's.
...plus they throw fried chicken into the audience.

They shouldn't be messing with customers cars. That was a no no when I worked at any dealership.
Correct. We even recorded customers radio stations when a battery disconnect was in order and reprogrammed them and set the clock when done. One of the dealerships where I worked FIRED porters for playing customers' radios. They had to have their own music source and had to have it so that only they could hear it in their area. They also turned that chit down when customers went back to the detail shop. It's just common courtesy.

I heard this one on a TV commercial the other day and liked it enough to look it up. The video is a little.... Not the safest for work, but not going to get you fired.

I like Sturgil Simpson well enough. Bob Log is pretty good. Before those two it was twenty years before I heard music I REALLY liked.

Chris Stapleton
Whiskey Myers
Blackberry Smoke
The Georgia Thunderbolts

All great newer bands that rock like the good old bands we love.

here’s a good one from Stapleton

He's a good guy. I worked for several years with his first cousin at the local Toyotee dealership. .....she's a hottie too. LOL

I was just discussing the latest album from Whiskey Myers with the wife, we both agree, it’s their best one so far. Folks are still pumping out great music, most of it just never makes it to the radio.

Last edited:
The last music I listened to this weekend was the Truth album by Jeff Beck. You might say I'm stuck in the past but that album just sounds good to me.
Someone could have told me "Foo" was a Vietnamese dish similar to "Pho" and I would have believed them...:lol:

Yeah, I’m a guitar player. I learned guitar in the 70’s and was, and still am, a big Clapton fan. There’s no good rock stuff anymore. I don’t want to hear Rap anything. Rap Country is the worst thing ever. I thought Boiled peanuts were the worst thing that could have come out of the south!

Yeah, I’m a guitar player. I learned guitar in the 70’s and was, and still am, a big Clapton fan. There’s no good rock stuff anymore. I don’t want to hear Rap anything. Rap Country is the worst thing ever. I thought Boiled peanuts were the worst thing that could have come out of the south!
Hows this for boiled peanuts?

Rap and Modern country are proof that no one really listens or knows what they are listening to. Its generic background noise.

One of the few classic radio stations has switched to new country, I found that out last night. Only about 40 country stations around here, not my cup of tea.

Going to see the Steve Miller Band later this month, I’ll report back. Oh yeah, we have V.I.P. Tickets.

-
Back