**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Worked on making sure the MS3 & Expansion Board were working properly before Dyno Day.

I used the JIMSTIM card for the Main Board and the JIMSTIMX for the Expansion Board. With some tweeking in Tuner Studio I tested all inputs and outputs and they all work fine, learned alot about the MS3 and its capabilities thru this process. It will do way more than I will ever need it to.

All Sensor Values have been burned into the ECU along with all the settings accept for the TPS, which will happen on Dyno Day. The TPS is very easy to set up, just open up Calibrate TPS and get the closed Value by clicking a button. Hold the throttle wide open and click get the WOT Value, burn to ECU & Done!

This is what I set up and burned to the ECU.

1) Injector sizing & Values
2) Fuel Pressure Sensor Values
3) IAT Sensor Values
4) CLT Sensor Values
5) Rev Limiter set at 6800RPM to cut Spark
6) Radiator Fans to come on at 165*, Shut off at 150*, Also to Shut off at 75% of the TPS.
7) Heat Exchanger Fans to come on at 120* water temp & Up & to Shut off at 4000RPM. Will come back on under 3500RPM with Water temp above 120*.
EIGHT) Configured Tach Output
9) Configured Dual Sync Distributor for the Dual Wheel set up with Cam Signal for Full Sequential.
10) Intercooler Pump to come on at 120* Water Temp and shut off at 4000RPM. Will come back on under 3500RPM with Water temp above 120*.
11) Meth Injection to trigger at 3500RPM & 5LBS of Boost, programmed to shut back off 4.5lbs of boost & above 3500RPM.
12) Main Fuel pump to come on at ignition and to trigger the 2 Extra Fuel Pump Relays at the same time. I set it up so that the 2 Extra Fuel Pumps will kick in at 3000RPM and 2PSI of Boost. They are programmed to shut off at .50 PSI of boost. If Fuel Cut is enabled anywhere in the tuning set up, All 3 Fuel Pumps will be CUT at the same time. Should work well like this. One of these fuel pumps are good for 600HP. All three should be more than plenty of fuel on boost.
13) LAMDA Protection is Ready and active, Values have not been set yet, The Tuner can deal with that. If the AFR goes below a set value "LEAN" It will be programmed to cut Spark.
14) Over Boost Protection is set for now at 15PSI Boost until boost is back down to 12 PSI....... I am sure we will need to play with this.
15) Data Logging is set up also to monitor all aspects of the MS3X. This enables us to go back and look at a specific area of the Run or Tune or the whole Run or Tune.

There is probably more that I forgot to mention, but you get the picture of what this MS3X is capable of. There are at least 20 more inputs and outputs that can be programmed. 1 For example that I will be using later is Boost Control for Launch and shifts. Data Logging is already set up

View attachment phpueMi2dAM.jpg

View attachment phpGwx0WAAM.jpg

View attachment phpRQZqPoAM.jpg

Louis that is pretty sweet. My hat is off to you for jumping into this project head first. :prayer:

Man this build make me want to be your son than maybe beg you to let me drive it.well dad please ill go easy on it.

Man this build make me want to be your son than maybe beg you to let me drive it.well dad please ill go easy on it.
I called first dibs already!:toothy10:

Btw, is the MS3X gonna double as some kind of turbo timer to cool the turbos?

I called first dibs already!:toothy10:

Btw, is the MS3X gonna double as some kind of turbo timer to cool the turbos?

Well a Turbo Timer is just a setting so that the engine idles for a specific amount of time before it shuts off to cool off the Turbo Housings. You can program it to do just about anything you want, I never really thought about doing that but it is an option. In the car I will be using Turbo Blankets. If it gets out of control, I could install some extra Meth Nozzles, maybe 2GPH in the turbo exhaust housings to cool them off, I don't think it will be needed though, my reasoning for that is when you use Meth your EGT's will be drastically decreased along with the Cylinder Temps, I am using 2 - 7GPH Meth Nozzles 8" from the throttle body set to come on at 3500RPM and 5PSI of boost which I am hoping will do the trick.

Well a Turbo Timer is just a setting so that the engine idles for a specific amount of time before it shuts off to cool off the Turbo Housings. You can program it to do just about anything you want, I never really thought about doing that but it is an option. In the car I will be using Turbo Blankets. If it gets out of control, I could install some extra Meth Nozzles, maybe 2GPH in the turbo exhaust housings to cool them off, I don't think it will be needed though, my reasoning for that is when you use Meth your EGT's will be drastically decreased along with the Cylinder Temps, I am using 2 - 7GPH Meth Nozzles which I hope will do the trick.
oh okay, I see now. I understand a turbo timer, now I see why you won't need one. Man, you are going all out.

Louis that is pretty sweet. My hat is off to you for jumping into this project head first. :prayer:

Well I am hoping that my efforts pay off. I am not going to put it off any longer, this Thursday & Friday is the day I find out how it will all react, bringing alot of stuff with me on that day, hopefully I will be ready for whatever!

Nervous and excited at the same time......

Post up pics we want details on Thursday and Friday lol I would be intrested to see what your roughed in tune hp numbers vs the final fine tuned numbers. I would be intrested to see the difference.

What a shame...I live just down the freeway so I will actually get to experience this beast first hand!!!:D

Best of luck Louis, if you need help getting anything prepped or loaded beforehand, please let me know man!

PLEASE Dont break the dyno with that monster! I would like to have my little engine dyno'd before next year :p
Good luck Louis, can't wait to see see the video {there will be video Right }

Louis, do you think there will be any cavitation in the pump setup?
In case this was asked before, sorry.

It looks cool!

Louis, do you think there will be any cavitation in the pump setup?
In case this was asked before, sorry.

It looks cool!

There shouldn't be at all. The GSL392 Pumps have built in Check Valves so fuel can't go backwards into the tank. I called Walboro's Tech line and I was referred to TI Automotive who is the one who actually makes this pump. I sent an email and picture of my set up to Kelly Christians who is the Head of the After Market for the GSL392 Pumps at TI Automotive, his response is here..........

To: Christians, Kelly
Subject: Walbro GSL392 Pumps Quick Question

Do these pumps have a built in Check Valve so fuel does not go back into the tank when the fuel pump is not in use?

I am using 3 of these pumps for my Twin Turbo Application. 1 pump will be the main and the other 2 will be activated at 2 PSI of Boost. They are sharing a common Fuel Rail, see the picture below.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Louis,

Thank you for your request. Yes, the GSL392 does have a built in check valve so you should be okay…interesting set up, I’m jealous!

Best of luck,

Kelly Christians
Account Manager - Aftermarket
TI Automotive
630 Columbia St., Caro, MI 48723
t: +1 989 672 8260
e: Kchristians@us.tiauto.com

Awesome. very neat way of setting all three up. I've missed a lot I see.
I'm currently occupied with making corvette z06 front brakes work on the POS. LOL

I'll be poking my head in here and checking for updates. I'm very impressed with how this is turning out.

Awesome. very neat way of setting all three up. I've missed a lot I see.
I'm currently occupied with making corvette z06 front brakes work on the POS. LOL

I'll be poking my head in here and checking for updates. I'm very impressed with how this is turning out.

I like this set up because it is super quite and you don't need a FP Controller. I was standing 2 feet away from an exact set up like this, except it was on e85 and all 3 of his pumps were set up to be on at the same time all the time. You could barely hear them at all! Unlike the A-1000, Magnafuel or other fuel pumps that are so dang loud and annoying, especially on a Street Car.

You are up to the task for the brake swap, you do some meticulously good work!

man you really do outstanding work ,I know its alot of work to get to the point you're now , everything looks good and I wish you goodluck on dynoday.

I like this set up because it is super quite and you don't need a FP Controller. I was standing 2 feet away from an exact set up like this, except it was on e85 and all 3 of his pumps were set up to be on at the same time all the time. You could barely hear them at all! Unlike the A-1000, Magnafuel or other fuel pumps that are so dang loud and annoying, especially on a Street Car.

You are up to the task for the brake swap, you do some meticulously good work!

That's a good point! The a-1000 is loud. That's why I got the one in the cell. I'm going to be firing up soon so I'll let you know how it goes. Mine is on a controller though. I might not even need to take it over 30 percent LOL It's overkill for me.

I have my fingers crossed that everything works out for you.

I'll try and check back. I've been so busy working on my truck, my house and now my mother is sick so I havent had much time to do anything.

Tomorrow is the big day! Can't wait to hear how this monster performs! There will be video right?!

Well a Turbo Timer is just a setting so that the engine idles for a specific amount of time before it shuts off to cool off the Turbo Housings. You can program it to do just about anything you want, I never really thought about doing that but it is an option. In the car I will be using Turbo Blankets. If it gets out of control, I could install some extra Meth Nozzles, maybe 2GPH in the turbo exhaust housings to cool them off, I don't think it will be needed though, my reasoning for that is when you use Meth your EGT's will be drastically decreased along with the Cylinder Temps, I am using 2 - 7GPH Meth Nozzles 8" from the throttle body set to come on at 3500RPM and 5PSI of boost which I am hoping will do the trick.

You will not need one. Just may have to wait around 1 min for it to cool off if that. Thats only if you work it very hard then want to shut it down right away. Truck guys use them just because they like to make noise. A lot of chips they us has that option as on of the programs.

Good luck to you. Cant wait for you to run that sucker.:cheers: You and Glamis season have me on edge. Im all fired upand need some action!!:blob:

Yup, tomorrow is the big day. Leaving at 5:30am in the morning for the 2 hour haul. Going to stay in a hotel and finish it up hopefully on Friday. Loading up my Son's Truck in about 1 Hour, going to get fuel etc. I already mixed up the Meth 50/50 4 Gallons to bring with me. I just used Soft Water and the VP Methanol. Rodney at AIS said that Tap Water is fine but I figured I have soft water at the house so thats what I used. Going to run the same in the Intercoolers "Soft Water" Was going to get distilled but for 2 Days and draining it out, Soft Water is gunna have to do the trick.

Man Im hoping your car doesnt kill thier dyno...

Well the car is not going, doing the Engine Dyno to get it tuned and work out all the bugs. I always do this just incase there is a leak or something, Pain in the *** to clean up especially on a Fresh Painted Car! If something goes wrong it can be fixed very easily instead of pulling the engine back out and messing up the paint.

You will not need one. Just may have to wait around 1 min for it to cool off if that. Thats only if you work it very hard then want to shut it down right away. Truck guys use them just because they like to make noise. A lot of chips they us has that option as on of the programs.

Good luck to you. Cant wait for you to run that sucker.:cheers: You and Glamis season have me on edge. Im all fired upand need some action!!:blob:

Yes that is what I figured on the Timer....... Glamis Season is upon you, try and restrain yourself, I miss going out there, nothing else like it in the world. You know the funny thing is, it doesn't matter what you are driving or riding as long as you are moving it is a blast, the camping part is awesome too. Camp fire stories til the sun comes up and that is just on 1 Trip!:D

-
Back