**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
COOL SWEET can't wait bet your smiling from ear to ear. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it lives

So by now, break in is done and it's probably cooling waiting for the dyno pulls. Can't wait to see the numbers it's putting up.

Man another long day. Got it fired off and after the initial Start the ignition started acting weird. The engine is still there and they are working on it. I had to leave. There was a weird miss right off idle where it seemed to be running only on 6 cylinders. We are thinking NOISE may be the issue and interfering with it. It will all get worked out but these things take time.
The engine sounds really wicked, before the problems Brian was Wrapping on it just a bit and the throttle response is instant. The audio does it no justice, this is running at around 2400 RPM on the very first fire. We did NOT get it on any boost at all today!

Absolutely no oil or water leaks to be found, all the smoke is from the Exhaust wrap, there is oil all over it and it takes awhile to all burn off.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTi1pGDUS0Q"]Twin Turbo Small Block Mopar - YouTube[/ame]

1 more, didn't get a chance to do much video because of chasing down the miss all day. We need to get it corrected before we go to the next level.....

This one is it idling at around 850 RPM or so.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF9vv9sccso"]Twin Turbo Small Block Mopar - YouTube[/ame]

Here is where the tails chasing started......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnIr6J1qTfo"]Twin Turbo Small Block Mopar - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Louis,funny thing I just sat down for lunch(at work)and thought I,d. check to see your results and here you are posting LOL.I can just imagine the amount of work involved in getting this set up.Glad to hear your being patient about getting it setup.It sure sounds like my 410ci while idling.I hate that wrap!Looking forward to your next vids.Get some rest brother,you must be tired. ; )

Dyno day is the best!!I recently,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,finally got my junk on the dyno,but not without my fair share of DRAMA:glasses7:

Dyno day is the best!!I recently,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,finally got my junk on the dyno,but not without my fair share of DRAMA:glasses7:

Yeah there alway is something to deal with. I truly wouldn't want to deal with this stuff if the engine was in the car, especially with fresh body & paint.

Not to mention breaking your back leaning under the hood all day..

Congrats on getting that engine fired up. I am sure you guys will get the bugs out soon and have it making some big pulls on that dyno.

That exhaust wrap smokes bad. I used it on the pipes on my bike, and it smoked for a good while. That was a small fraction of the amount of wrap you have, so it'll probably smoke awhile.

Starting to think the dual sync distributor is having spark jump issues due to the rotor phasing being off.... I hope it is that simple, we strobed several cylinders with the timing light and you could see the intermediate miss on every plug wire. I am also thinking the pick ups in the distributor may be gapped incorrectly if they are adjustable or the pick ups are messed up, I bought the distributor used so maybe?

On the log page in tuner studio it does not show the miss at all, so I am thinking it is firing but spark jumping intermediately to the wrong cylinders inside the cap.

After doing research last night several people have had this problem...

That exhaust wrap smokes bad. I used it on the pipes on my bike, and it smoked for a good while. That was a small fraction of the amount of wrap you have, so it'll probably smoke awhile.

Yeah, the smoking from the wrap is the least of my problems. At least I know the wrap at some point will run out of oil and the smoking will stop.

If you listen to the first video, there is no miss and the idle is steady at around 2400RPM.

In the second video it seems to be idling clean at 850 RPM and not starting to miss until the very end of the video, in the 3rd Video the miss was there from the get go.

All this is starting to make me think it is in the distributor somewhere and not in the tuning.

Yeah, the smoking from the wrap is the least of my problems. At least I know the wrap at some point will run out of oil and the smoking will stop.

If you listen to the first video, there is no miss and the idle is steady at around 2400RPM.

In the second video it seems to be idling clean at 850 RPM and not starting to miss until the very end of the video, in the 3rd Video the miss was there from the get go.

All this is starting to make me think it is in the distributor somewhere and not in the tuning.

maybe you could try with a diferent distributor and see if it is , sparkplug wires also ?

-
Back