Up to 25% off!! BUNK

-

Teeth & Tires

A-retentive
Legendary Member
Reaction score
*grumble*

Really works out to 16.9% of an order I'm trying to place. :protest:

Obviously you didn't give specifics but I hear you, I hate feeling like I'm being toyed with. I'd be happier if they just charged a fair price without a discount, than enticing me with a misleading discount.

The discount depends on what item(s) you buy. They do have some at 25% savings, you just have to find them and be able to use them.
I bought some new bumpers for me '69 Dart project a few months ago, didn't get the maximum discount, but the pricing was still better than I could find anywhere else.

I feel your pain. Same thing happened with the lower quarters for my 66’ Barracuda.
Promised 25% on Sunday night email and everything I went to buy with the quarters were not even close or discounted at all.

I’ve had really good luck with Layson’s- not trying to start word war III but they sold me the same items / stuff for less money they were more helpful and the rep told me they supply a lot of stuff to Classic. Just remember that Classic needs to pay for all that advertising somehow. I don’t think they make a lot of money on MoPar but it helps “cover itself.” I still recommend them Classic as they have a lot of stuff but they do resell a lot of stuff. Those beautiful catalogs are not cheap and are very helpful. Support all the vendors.

I feel your pain. Same thing happened with the lower quarters for my 66’ Barracuda.
Promised 25% on Sunday night email and everything I went to buy with the quarters were not even close or discounted at all.

I’ve had really good luck with Layson’s- not trying to start word war III but they sold me the same items / stuff for less money they were more helpful and the rep told me they supply a lot of stuff to Classic. Just remember that Classic needs to pay for all that advertising somehow. I don’t think they make a lot of money on MoPar but it helps “cover itself.” I still recommend them Classic as they have a lot of stuff but they do resell a lot of stuff. Those beautiful catalogs are not cheap and are very helpful. Support all the vendors.

CI is the biggest scam going. They don’t know Mopars. They generally want to issue you a credit after the lengthy cross examination. Their shipping cost is exuberant in my experience and lastly their China reproduction parts are crap. I’ve had the best experience and support from year one. Get on their mailing list and you’ll know when they are having a sale.
In regards to Layson’s, you won’t find a nicer and more helpful group of people!

Classic industries sells junk parts at Nos prices there reasearch on direct fit blah blah blah is way off I only like there free catologs so I can use it as emergency toilet paper.

I'm glad to see the shout out for Layson's. They catch a lot of crap here even though they subscribe as a vendor. I've bought several smaller, hard to find items and they've been really good both with the parts and helping me out when I've had questions.

It's not false advertising. Maybe misleading? I bought a gallon of the new Round Up 365, when it came out. Says it CAN last up to 365 days! For me it lasted 80-85 days! Well short of 365. I did get my money back. Now days everyone makes unsubstantiated claims. No accountability.

Its cheap to advertise 365 and only get x/365 if only 7% of the buyers take them up on their word (ie. rebates/guarantees are used 7% of the time they are offered!) Its like radio: If you dont like it, the next hour is free!

"Up to 100MB internet!..." Yeah, my ***! And dont try to get it wirelessly either. Same goes with small 2 way radios: "range up to 15 miles" over a dry lake bed, from a mesa.

It's not false advertising. Maybe misleading? I bought a gallon of the new Round Up 365, when it came out. Says it CAN last up to 365 days! For me it lasted 80-85 days! Well short of 365. I did get my money back. Now days everyone makes unsubstantiated claims. No accountability.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Most folks around here believe that businesses should be able to do whatever they want without regulation. This "up to" language is small potatoes.

On that note I have been enjoying my high speed "up to" 300mbps internet at home. I've NEVER measured anything faster than 180mpbs. Lucky for Cox Communications, there is essentially no competition...so no consequences either.

How about the 80% off at Gardner White furniture store?? But wait, take another 15% off of that, and no interest for the next bazillion years!! Last I checked, that’s 95% off, how do they stay in business?

How about the 80% off at Gardner White furniture store?? But wait, take another 15% off of that, and no interest for the next bazillion years!! Last I checked, that’s 95% off, how do they stay in business?
They pay chinese people in rice to build that stuff. Thats why they can sell it cheap, or its a tax writeoff. Hobby Lobby is same way.

When YearOne says 25% or 30% off they mean it, unless its an item thats not on sale. I got all my M&H harnesses for both cudas from them at 30% off.

Tried inputting all the stuff i needed to reupholster my 67s seats. Padding, seat buns, burlap kit, seat covers etc from classic with their up to 25% off. Woulda been a heck of a savings. I think with all that in the cart and discount code applied it was only $150 savings. Or 10% is what it worked out to be. I bought a dash pad from them on discount only because it was still cheaper than anywhere else.

Last edited:
Rick Keesler at Laysons is a great guy. I have bought a bunch of stuff from him, and will continue to do so as parts are needed for my projects. Heck we even keep on the look out for one another for diecast cars to trade back and forth.

I regard Rick as a good friend. Dittos for Eddie Combs. He has helped me out as well. Its a small community we have in the grand scheme of things. Good business travels by word of mouth pretty quickly as does bad business.

-
Back