Upgrade to Disc, or do Alterktion???

-
On some cars, the Alterktion requires that the bumpstop bracket gets removed. Doesnt mean you cant put the old suspension back on.

On some cars, the Alterktion requires that the bumpstop bracket gets removed. Doesnt mean you cant put the old suspension back on.

No it wouldn't would it. I restate that I'd only seen/heard of it where folks also cut of EVERYTHING from the old suspension. Apparently I was wrong in thinking it was required to do so.

Anyone have a car w/alterkation setup near central Illinois? I would really love to ride/drive a car w/this setup as I'm sure it would help me make some informed decisions...

Just looking for some thoughts and feedback from this very knowledgeable board. My ride ais a 65 cuda- 318, 4 speed, 3.91 gears w/6 pack hood scoop. I would like to upgrade from 10" drum brakes on my 1965 Barracuda to a disc set up. I was thinking this would cost around 1 K.... After looking at kits I also thought adjustable upper control arms/strut rods, as wll as OEM disc brake spindles would help out the ride which takes the package to around 2 K.

Looking at entire suspension set w/Alterktion from Reilly motorsports- 3,800 w/no brake kit.... If you do something to the front, might as well do the rear- 1,800.

Looking at these types of upgrades.....why not plop in 3rd generation hemi.... I can be at 15 K of upgrades very quickly..... WHat are the best overall options as I never plan to sell the car.....

You realize that this is an 8 year old thread, and the member that you just quoted hasn't been on the site in like 3 years right?

There are plenty of current discussions about modern hemi installs and suspension replacements that will be more relevant, because there are a heck of a lot more parts available now to do a swap like that...

holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

looking for any ideas where I can find a disc brake conversion kit for my '65 Barracuda, with 14" wheels/ 10" drum brakes for the front only.

Dont get your panties in a knot.

The best tech is usually found deep in the bowels of the forum.

Everyone can spend a dollar but few can build it

Dont get your panties in a knot.

The best tech is usually found deep in the bowels of the forum.

Everyone can spend a dollar but few can build it

?

I referred him to a relevant thread, and made a suggestion about how he might find more relevant info than what he'll get here trying to talk to members that aren't even on the site anymore. Not sure what you think I should have done different, but I'm trying to help the guy.

-
Back