very mild 360 build.

-
my buddy dave called and asked if it was ok to install the crank. while I'd have liked to have done it i know he is into the build and its taking up room in his garage. crank is in and he says everything looks great. 2 thousands clearance on the mains he says.

steering box and shocks showed up today jamie said. thanks @GMachineDartGT for getting the stuff to me so fast, can't wait to get home and check that box out. dave has a 360 built sitting on a duster kframe that he asked if he could see if the new box will fit with the headers and all. if it fits he may buy one instead of going manual steering. I'll take that over monday and maybe we will mess with that some too

What's your rod bearing clearance? With that clearance you can run a 30 grade oil. Maybe a 20 but you do have all the leaks around the lifters and rockers so probably a 30.

What's your rod bearing clearance? With that clearance you can run a 30 grade oil. Maybe a 20 but you do have all the leaks around the lifters and rockers so probably a 30.

rods aren't in yet. not sure if he is doing that today or not. he is 67 with a bad back so I'm not sure what he feels up to. I'd like to be doing all this under his direction but he asked to put at least the crank in while I'm working this weekend. I'll post the rod clearances when i find out or Monday when i out them in

oh man.. yet another cam dilemma. the oregon cam is still a coupe weeks away from even getting shipped. my buddy dave found a mp cam and lifters in his stash (new in the box). he thinks it would be perfect in the motor.. my other budy tom thinks it may be too big and thinks the oregon cam would be better... if i use the mp cam the motor will probably be together and probably running on a run stand next week.. with the oregon cam its still a couple weeks out... i trust both guys very much but not sure what to do with this damn cam now..lol if cam science wasn't so voodoo to me it may be an easier decision..

this is the MP cam: Mopar Performance P4452759AE Mopar Performance Purple Camshaft Kits | Summit Racing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is the oregon cam:

204/214 @ .050”, 270/280 adv, .420”/.443” lift, 112 sep

.050" numbers are lower than what Summit is showing for that cam.

My old MP catalogs show those specs as well. Maybe they changed them over the years??? This is the paperwork that came with my cam...

Chart1.jpg

.050" numbers are lower than what Summit is showing for that cam.

My old MP catalogs show those specs as well. Maybe they changed them over the years??? This is the paperwork that came with my cam...

View attachment 1716225312

thanks. I've decided to just go with the oregon cam. may be a little conservative but i think I'm better off. just have to wait a couple more weeks for it to come in. i hate waiting. lol.

I clicked on the link for the MP cam and it said not available, I checked another place and it said the same thing. Is this cam no longer available?

Sometimes I just don’t understand your posts. The cam is listed at - 2? Places you checked as not available. But yet question if it’s not available anymore.

This has you coming off as thick headed.

Did you check anywhere else? Please don’t answer that question.

Sometimes I just don’t understand your posts. The cam is listed at - 2? Places you checked as not available. But yet question if it’s not available anymore.

Yeah but Joe says his buddy has one laying around he aint using? Maybe Dan could buy that one for his future build future car?

Let me explain it to you, I was merely asking that since 2 different suppliers said that it wasn't available, was it or is the entire MP cam line discontinued. If you know they are still available why not simply say so, I can't tell you how many times I've checked out parts and they were no longer available and it's mostly because someone is to lazy to remove the ads. Read post #174 and pop off to him like you did me

I'm looking forward to the OP getting the engine back into his car and back on the road. I for one am appreciative of him taking the time to show his progress as he goes. He's proof that not everyone wants or needs all kinds of power.

Yeah but Joe says his buddy has one laying around he aint using? Maybe Dan could buy that one for his future build future car?

Huh? So… your now suggesting to me that I should advocate the sale of the MP cam Joe’s friend has to sell to Dan even though I don’t know Joes friend? Shiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeetttttt, I‘ve only net Joe once many many moons ago.

LMAO! :poke:

Let me explain it to you, I was merely asking that since 2 different suppliers said that it wasn't available, was it or is the entire MP cam line discontinued. If you know they are still available why not simply say so, I can't tell you how many times I've checked out parts and they were no longer available and it's mostly because someone is to lazy to remove the ads. Read post #174 and pop off to him like you did me

OK, I see I have to explain it to you but it’s not worth the time to show you a fool twice over. Post #174 is Joe telling you it’s not available.

Now what does that say about you that you want me to “POP OFF” on Joe for stating the obvious?

Do some research Dan and give it a rest. Seriously! Dang dude!

Huh? So… your now suggesting to me that I should advocate the sale of the MP cam Joe’s friend has to sell to Dan even though I don’t know Joes friend? Shiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeetttttt, I‘ve only net Joe once many many moons ago.

LMAO! :poke:

OK, I see I have to explain it to you but it’s not worth the time to show you a fool twice over. Post #174 is Joe telling you it’s not available.

Now what does that say about you that you want me to “POP OFF” on Joe for stating the obvious?

Do some research Dan and give it a rest. Seriously! Dang dude!
My bad as usual, I miss understood

rotating assembly in complete. rods ended up at . 0017 i think dave said. he is real happy with that. mostly waiting on the cam now. hopefully that will get here sooner rather then later.

IMG_20240323_184812.jpg

I never heard this before?
Yeah cause if crank rods aint in there you can reach up from the bottom and guide it in. Less risk of chipping scraping a cam bearing. But a skilled careful person can get cam in with bottom end assembled and not scrape chip a cam bearing. Its just a lot easier with bottom end not in the way able to get hand up there.

Yeah cause if crank rods aint in there you can reach up from the bottom and guide it in. Less risk of chipping scraping a cam bearing. But a skilled careful person can get cam in with bottom end assembled and not scrape chip a cam bearing. Its just a lot easier with bottom end not in the way able to get hand up there.
Thanks...It never occurred to me..

-
Back