Vintage ( LA Intake Comparisons )

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
For a 7300 rpm max drag motor which intake shines above the rest ?
Weiand. 7510
Edelbrock. TM5
Offy Dial-A-flow

Only interested in vintage intake info nothing modern .

Screenshot_2018-07-05-09-16-25.png

Screenshot_2018-07-05-09-16-03.png

Screenshot_2018-07-05-09-14-42.png

Of those three I like the Offenhauser. I would throw in a fourth, the Holley Street Dominator, but it would have to be the large 340/360 port version.

Of those three I like the Offenhauser. I would throw in a fourth, the Holley Street Dominator, but it would have to be the large 340/360 port version.
Thank you I forgot about that one and its shown in our older Direct Connection sales magazine .

So they manufactured a small and large port with the Street Dominator ?

The Offenhauser Port O Sonic is yet another and perhaps eclipses any of those talked about so far in terms of high RPM potential. I have a pretty rare one for the 351 Cleveland 4V head motor.

So they manufactured a small and large port with the Street Dominator ?

I am pretty sure, yes. I could be wrong. I've never seen a small port, but small and large port intakes were made in just about every other intake.......

Replicaracer --
I also have one of these new tops and was going to run it versus the larger old style one pictured with carbs on it whats u opinion ??

View attachment 1715195045
Honestly, I don't know what the difference would be between the tops, as far as how it would run in your application, but I run a tr5 on a fairly healthy 360, with the bigger top, and the street manners are excellent. You could try both, but the bigger plenum might be better for the upper rpm range

Honestly, I don't know what the difference would be between the tops, as far as how it would run in your application, but I run a tr5 on a fairly healthy 360, with the bigger top, and the street manners are excellent. You could try both, but the bigger plenum might be better for the upper rpm range
Ten 4 thank you Sir .

Replicaracer --
I also have one of these new tops and was going to run it versus the larger old style one pictured with carbs on it whats u opinion ??

View attachment 1715195045

Run the newer top. That breadbox top is pretty much not worth using. Even if you have to run the carbs inline. The new top is much better. It will take less accelerator pump.

-
Back