WARNING !!!! on purchases.

-
Sad issue but we have all entered a time when some young folfks are abuseing this thing we call trust and scaming good people on this site for financial gains. We also have encountered some not so young folks that are realizing the economic crunch and are trying to make ends meet by doing the same scam.

so young people do it just because, and old people do it because the economy is bad?

maybe there should be a age limit set on FABO, because I really don't feel welcome here anymore.

I've been a good seller and buyer here, never had any problems. :dontknow:

so young people do it just because, and old people do it because the economy is bad?

maybe there should be a age limit set on FABO, because I really don't feel welcome here anymore.

People who burn other people on parts are low-life scum... Age isn't an issue... Us North Carolina guys and gals usually don't have any problems, we're straight shooters, literally ;)

We are proud to have you with us avarageerod :cheers: Don't ever feel you are not welcome here, It's young guns like you that keeps us ol farts happy to see ya here :happy10: so get that thought right out of your mind bud :happy10:

How to post feed back was ask, I do to the classified thread and you will see instructions on how to do it that Joeychgo put up for us :cheers: He explains it better then I could . Wait I can put it here I think :read2:

Here it is :happy10:

After a number of member requests, I have implemented a Buyer / Seller Feedback system here on FABO.

You will only see this when your in one of the buy / sell forums. But if you look at a thread there, under the person's username, is their feedback score and positive %.

To leave feedback for someone you have dealt with, you click the score I mentioned above and fill in the blanks. Its really that simple. You can also see someone's feedback in thier profile.

Please, be careful when you post feedback as it is permanant.

Disclaimer:
FABO and its staff accept no liability for feedback posted.

I hope this was ok to do :read2:

Perfectly fine. Hahaha, if someone pissed them off to the point they were leavin em that bad of feedback, they musta done something pretty bad

Age has nothing to do with it, it's maturity level.
If you are a straight shooter, you are welcome here it doesn't matter if you are 5 or 105.
I think smallblock was making a blanket statement for maturity level.

Way to go small block......

I have had great luck selling and buying here on FABO , just ask around!!! and I have 100% feedback on ebay ...names DusterDude72

its become all to often lately of these people getting screwed and taking advantage of others....and its not just young people ,it people of all ages..... people who have fell on hard times or for whatever other reasons...or people who have no problem with screwing someone.

I really do not think that these events should GOVERN the freedom we have here on FABO but I do think some kind of system should be developed to expose those who have done wrong or to remove them from the site with a "2 strikes your out" system or something like that.

I guess the smartest thing to do would be to only buy and sell with those you personally know or talk to on here on a regular basis or those who have been on the site for some time and those who have high post counts and have a good rep and are recognized members of the FABO community .

Maybe each members profile should be equipped with a "Good guy/Bad guy meter" ....for each time the break a rule here on FABO or slip up and say or do some bad things here on fabo or they screw someone out of a part or take a month and a half to ship an item or something....the mods can hear both sides to the story of whatever the situation and they can choose to click on the bad guy meter (which could drop by lets say 20% with each click....which would give everyone 5 chances and by the time they reach 0% they are banned) after 90 days pass since your last bad guy % drop you regain your 20% back towards being a 100% good guy here on fabo.

and lets say a violation such as someone screw someone over on a part they only get two chances here on FABO and the mods have an option to drop there good guy rating down to 50% tipping the bad guy scale.....and for something such as this it would require 1 hole year before your 50% bad guy would be restored to 100% good guy status....

just an idea (if you guys understand what the heck it is I am even talking about lol) EVEN I AM CONFUSED LOL.
=P~

And if you buy or sell please remember to give good or bad feedback as it seem people forget. I have bought lots of stuff here never a problem and please pm me if I have forgotten to give you feedback.#-o

:toothy10: Not confusing at all! I just had a really good laugh thinking about clicks and strikes and good guy-o-meters and yearly scores....I know it's really not funny to people who are getting screwed but I have a weird sense of humor I guess.

Ebay at one time was also experiencing similar problems with payment tranactions, thats why they finally inforced Pay-Pal on everybody, and made most other forms of payment against their rules.

The reason Ebay inforce Paypal payment has nothing to do with anything other than Ebay.The new rule is designed for one reason & one reason only, so Ebay can make more $$$$$$$$$$$. EBAY OWNS PAYPAL.

Hey Rod. Drop the fellings stuff. Age is not an issue. This has to do with dealings between the buyers and the sellers of all ages, all standing up to their obligation.
Small Block

There are a few things you can do to make your transaction better for yourself.

Post count can sometimes scare off sellers, so get on the board and say hi, and participate a bit before selling or buying stuff.
Although I went to a gun trader forum and struck up a deal on my very first post ever there, met the guy and traded my pistol for a crossbow with a great transaction.
I made sure I posted pics and said the sale comes with a pivate bill of sale (makes them feel comfortable), told where I bought the gun from, and how long I owned it, told exactly what I wanted to trade it for and said I would meet them at their location of choice.
I made up my mind to only deal with someone there with a few good feedback scores.

That website has a transaction feedback score for each member in their profile.
There are three categories: Buy, sell, trade, and a space to leave a short comment like: "Bill was good to deal with, item just as described, would definitely do business with him again."
To see how they do this go to this link www.theoutdoorstrader.com

Some very good ideas here. Sad that we have to spend time talking about this when we want to be enjoying our hobby/passion with our friends. I 100% agree with asking for background/references before doing business with someone for the first time. After all, don't we have to give references on job applications? Why should a business deal such as this be any different. The only possible downside I can imagine would be the potential for a lot more posts for the mods to have to wade through (maybe a subforum dedicated to this). I can not imagine any standup guy, or gal, objecting to a potential buyer asking for reference. If he, or she, does object, then that in and of itself would be a red flag in my mind.

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe the classifieds section should be "moderated" by people (who could be picked by the mods)who can review the transactions and outcome of such between members here and when there is a bad apple or a scumbag that will not make good on a posting for sale and ends up screwing some one else who pays in good faith and expects to receive what he/she paid for and does not, then this will result in a lifetime ban from FABO.

NO EXCEPTIONS! 1ST TIME YOU SCREW SOMEONE YOUR HISTORY!!!!

Only fair to the members who support this site and offer goodwill to each other and expect to be treated as such in return. If you rip off someone even for a dollar, that's stealing!!!!! And it is against the law to steal!!!! If you want to come on this site and steal from someone, get the "F" out!!! Plain and simple

I bought something from a member over 3 weeks ago and have yet to recieve it. I emd him last week a friendly reminder and he was honest and said sorry about that forgot understandable sometimes. Then I get a email yesterday saying he was broke and was it ok that he waited till the 18th to ship. I was sorta torn between being an a dick about it or be nice. So I split the difference. I said that was fine if thats what he needed to to but what happend to the money I sent along with to ship said Item? There are resonable delays and Im not pushy about it. But it just struck me funny that I paid shipping for the item but yet he dont have the money to ship it???

Maybe we could have a section in the forums for Buyer/Seller feedback?This way members could post about their dealings with members?Click on it and read about transactions through members,be it good or bad?I like easy/pleasy.Just a thought.

That I'm broke can't ship crap doesnt fly with me, I'm no genius but If I pay for a part and the shipping it has nothing to do with the guys personal money issues.. That seems to be the big excuse these days...

Lameass excuse if you ask me.. I have bought many items here and EVERY transaction has gone smoothly so far. On another forum Turbo-Mopar, I paid $40 & shipping for a mirror back in early May. End of May I get a PM apologizing for not shipping it becuase of his grad (2 red flags there). Finally in July I ask if he shipped it? Oh yeah, he replies, right after I got paid. I'm like, you told me three weeks AFTER you got paid you still didn't ship it. It'll be there he says.. Uh Huh. I'm still waiting on the turnip wagon for that one lol..

Grant

Thats the whole reason you pass the shipping onto the buyer. If it was something where he was footing the bill on shipping well then maybe thats understandable.

Luckily, I never joined this site to buy, or sell. Just wanted to hang with other A-body owners. I have bought and sold on here, but only to and from people I felt I could trust. You don't need to be friends, or trust every member on here, but you sure can find a few gems. Buy and sell wisely, and you should have NO complaints.Now, to all the scammers on here...

GET LOST:thebirdm:

Only problem I have had with shipping is using a online quote then make the deal get paid, go to ship and its more than quoted lol. I just eat the extra cost send the receipt and you can probably guess the percentage of people that payback the extra:-\"

Hmm... where do I start ?
True it is sad that there are so many people of lately taking advantage of others. The rule of thumb I always use is: Know who you are dealing with, and keep good communication. If you are seriously buying anything over 100 bucks then get in contact with the customer/seller VERBALLY... exchange phone numbers and dont just rely on the net. Do your research and investigating on the site. Has the seller/buyer been around? I for one dont think that Joey's site needs to try to back up transactions. The site is only a vehicle for you to place a ad. The site has no liability. Its all on you. Thats the way it should be. If people keep pestering to change this and change that I can almost guarantee the Classifieds will just go away... and that will be the end of that. Take initiative and do the homework. Pay with confidence and know the transaction will be smooth. Be smart. Anyone who says they are on hard luck and cannot ship the parts (after money is recieved) is a crook in my book. Since shipping is 99% of the time part of the payment ! You cant take the shipping money and blow it and then say.. oh... I cant ship the parts I am broke. Again people.... know who your dealing with. I have worked long and hard at earning a reputation on here by doing things the right way. Will I ever get burned ? Maybe. Will you ever get burned ? NEVER. While I have been a long time hater of Paypal I took it back on and use it for recieving funds. Its easier. However, if you are making a large transaction get a postal money order... and make sure there is insurance on the parts. Be in contact with your buyer/seller. If it goes zonko you have some paperwork to stand on.

As far as the feedback on or profiles... its a good thing, but people have to use it ! I dont think a lot of people even know how to find it.

Or.... check my signature on another way of getting your feedback out to people that want to know.

BE SMART.

-RPM

right on RPM ,

I agree that Joey should not have to be responsible for covering all of our butts on all of our dealings... and RPM is right, its up to us and out judgment and only we can make the right call and your best bet is to only deal with folks who have been around awhile and have made a name for them self ( a good one lol ) and who have good feedback.

I like the fact that we have the user feedback ratings but there again as RPM mentioned....people have to use it!.....I have probably bought/sold 10 different times through FABO since the feedback rating section was added and only 2 out of the atleast 10 people decided/remembered to leave feed back.

I have noticed most of the ones that did not leave feedback were people with low post counts and that don't show up on the site to often (most likely joined up long enough to buy/sell the part they needed/had and were back on there way again).

When it comes to selling, I don't mind taking the chance on selling to someone with low post count because I use paypal and as long as I receive the money than there is no problems.... HOWEVER I am hesitant on buying from someone with low face time here on FABO and I have only done so twice and one of those times I kind of got screwed on the deal and ended up with junk parts that were not as described and out $50.00 of my $100.00 because I settled for half of a refund just to get the hole deal over with and to cover what the guy had invested in shipping and because the part that was jsuk still had a core value to it at the least.

sorry for the big long post guys....just wanted to put up some of my thoughts on it all.... Just be carefull who you deal with and only deal with those you know/trust or who have good references and alot of face time here on fabo....thats your best bet to insure your money is well spent!

-
Back