Well here I am....

-

67cudagirl

Oregon
Reaction score
Well I have now learned when you tell your husband he can't buy any more Mopars what does he do....get one for me instead! I love Mopars and have been a total support of his hobby of collecting full size cars which he doesn't ever get rid of, we do the shows and the cruises its just a matter of which one to take mostly. But now I have my own 67 Barracuda that I get all say in how its done. I have been reading the posts on the forum and get a lot out of it but would appreciate some input in the process other than the Hubbys at times so I come here looking for long term supporters on my car building journey. All I know at this point is:

color - red or plum crazy I manage a sign company so I have some great ideas for the graphics on the side

engine - 340 if I can find one reasonable or 360 which we have already

The car has Rallys which I like the look of already so will probably stay with that.

I need some pieces still, like the grill and valance that have been sniped from me 2 times on ebay already.(I hate that)

So Thanks ahead of time I look forward to all support, criticism and advice as I go along

Cool, A mopar supporting Wife.

My Wife does not support my hobby much, but she knows it keeps me out of trouble, kinda.

I say go with either color but put some pearl in it to make it different than the norm.

Also, there is no replacement for displacement, so I say go with the 360, and put 340 badges on it if you have to.

If any purists give you any flack, tell them to quit acting like a chevy guy and they should shut up.

May I suggest a four speed?

They are just too much fun.

welcome2.gif

to FABO cudagirl

Great to have another '67 'Cuda onboard

Welcome!

Notch's are great, definitely one of my favorites. Good luck with the build!

Cool, A mopar supporting Wife.
I say go with either color but put some pearl in it to make it different than the norm.

FYI- solid red + pearl = "strawberry" real fast. I painted a '56 Ford F100 fire engine red and then went with a coat of pearl to make it more interesting, ended up calling it "strawberry" a lot when I described it to people, and that was generous. If it was parked in the sun it looked mighty pink from some angles. A darker pearl would have helped as they have different shades of pearl, but I just thought I'd share.

How refreshing to see a wife who's smart enough to not only support her husband in his car-hobby, but to becaome an integral part of it, too. I salute you, '67Cudagirl; not many of us are so lucky!!!!

Insofar as advice RE: your car, I can only say this: Driving down the road, you'd be totally unaware whether you had a 340 or a 360 under the hood.

The 340s are probably a little better for all-out racing, but for the street, and general driving, I don't think they have any advantages at all over a 360.

The 360s are decidedly cheaper to buy and build, and even a mild 360 builld can fry the tires right off your 'Cuda on the street, and still maintain good driveability (street manners.)

Just stick a decent cam in there with some J heads, an Edelbrock (American)Air Gap or Professional Products Crosswind manifold (Chinese copy) intake with a 750 Holley 750 cfm "3310" carb, some headers and a M-P "curved" distributor with an "orange box" (can be purchased as a unit with the distributor) and you'll have a 100+ mph Mopar that will never let you down when you need some significant acceleration! My similar-weight car went low 13's at 102 mph with a very similar setup.

The main thing is have fun!!! :cheers: Your husband is a VERY lucky man!!!!

Welcome! Your hubby is one lucky man!!!!!!!!!!!!! toolmanmike

Welcome aboard! I'd use the 360 since the bennifit is extra torque with the longer stroke crank it has and a nice little price savings over getting a seasoned block and starting from scratch with checking the block out, boring, ordering a small parts package etc.....I think you know the drill.

Ya gotta want the 340 to do one.

Welcome 67cudagirl
It is great to have you on board with us.
You and your hubby must have been a match from mother MoPar.

Well I have now learned when you tell your husband he can't buy any more Mopars what does he do....get one for me instead! I love Mopars and have been a total support of his hobby of collecting full size cars which he doesn't ever get rid of, we do the shows and the cruises its just a matter of which one to take mostly. But now I have my own 67 Barracuda that I get all say in how its done. I have been reading the posts on the forum and get a lot out of it but would appreciate some input in the process other than the Hubbys at times so I come here looking for long term supporters on my car building journey. All I know at this point is:

color - red or plum crazy I manage a sign company so I have some great ideas for the graphics on the side

engine - 340 if I can find one reasonable or 360 which we have already

The car has Rallys which I like the look of already so will probably stay with that.

I need some pieces still, like the grill and valance that have been sniped from me 2 times on ebay already.(I hate that)

So Thanks ahead of time I look forward to all support, criticism and advice as I go along

Yep.........She's a keeper !!!!!!!!! 8)

Stick with a factory color. No mixing miss match hodge podge. Go with a factory "high impact color". Why would anybody not take advantage of our impact colors ? Red looks good to.

Go with a 360. Paint it the color for your year. Believe it is red ? Although I prefer " Street Hemi Orange " with the impact colors..

Rallyes are cool, but anything before 1970, I like body color steel wheels with dog dishes. White letter out tires. BFG t/a Radials etc.

Here is a pic of a Dart I just finished. Green Go with Street Hemi Orange motor. High impact cars are real head turners.

faucet pics 830.jpg

faucet pics 845.jpg

welcome. as for may wife she isnt happy i have my 69. hell she has tried to sell it 2 times i found out lol. good luck

wow, you guys are great and really getting me excited about the support, so now I am thinking the 360 is the choice and I have a great opportunity on one and honestly I think the 340 was more pressure from the hubby, its so confusing. Now for paint The original color was brown... I really am a person that needs more color and attention than that, we have a 2009 hemi orange challenger my husband is resoring his 72 barracuda in the sublime green my 97 avenger that I loved was RED that got totaled 2 times in 2 months (long story) But I really had a purple vision with white graphics and the old plymouth logo with the heart in the stripe???? I know tottaly girly but I think the logo is in the right time for the cars year. I am working on the mock up when its done I will post it and get a vote going.

Again glad to be here and thanks so much the outside advice and support it will keep me going and maybe even impress my husband with my new amazing knowledge and enthusiasm

Knowledge and enthusiasm go a LONG way with the boys. (Ask me how I know??? lol)

Welcome aboard girl! Great to have you and your excitement along for the ride.

'67 CUDAGIRL...

Wanna impress your hubby? Just tell him you're going to insist on a 360 MAGNUM engine because ZDDP (yes, "Z-D-D-P") has been taken out of the oil, for the most part, and Magnum small block (318/360) engines are all have roller lifters, so premature lobe wear won't be a factor in camshaft life, now.

He probably already knows that, but I guarantee you he won't think that YOU know it!!! :cheers:

You go, girl....

-
Back