well there is no turning back now.. Sick 66 event.

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
registration opened up today for sick ward at the Sick 66 event. guess there is no turning back now.. i have until oct. to get the new motor built for the dart and to get a bunch of shake down miles on it. the trip will be about 4000 miles and cover 1000 miles of route 66. i have to be nuts. what the hell am i thinking.. if we make it i probably won't be able to stand uo straight for a month after driving in that bench seat all those miles..

worse case if the dart isn't ready i'll just take the mustang which would be a much nicer ride comfort wise but i really want to do the trip in the dart...

here are the tracks we will be at. i have to drive from south jersey to ozark raceway (18 hours), then go from track to track along the route they provide and stop at specific spots for a picture we will end up albuquerque dragway the last day. the drive home will be the hardest.. 1900 miles (30 hours).

October 10 - Ozark Raceway Park (tech and testing)
October 11 - Ozark Raceway Park, MO
October 12 - Mokan Dragway, MO
October 13 - Tulsa Raceway Park, OK
October 14 - Drive Day
October 15 - Amarillo Dragway, TX
October 16 - Drive Day
October 17 - Alien City Raceway, NM
October 18 - Albuquerque Dragway, NM

You run Dart down track as part of event?

Your all schooled up on china wall sealants now so thats a plus.

You run Dart down track as part of event?

Your all schooled up on china wall sealants now so thats a plus.
as part of sick ward i do not go down the track. i'll get admission to every track (discounted rate), follow the same routes and a few other perks that i don't know yet. submitted the car for their special parking. they kinda want sick ward to be a rolling car show to go along with the race cars... i've always wanted to do rt66 in a cool car and figured this is a good excuse. plus they plan most of the trip.. i figure we can go to every track for a few hours, watch the fast stuff then head out , hit their stops and anything we want to see on the way..

Last edited:
I'll try to make the MoKan event on the 12th. I'd like to meet you in person after all these years.

You are going to talk about this trip for a long, long time. Are you documenting the engine build, car prep here so we can follow along?

You are going to talk about this trip for a long, long time. Are you documenting the engine build, car prep here so we can follow along?
didn't really think about the engine build. just gonna be a pretty stock 1974 360 motor with a 4bbl on it. trans is a 904 that is getting a low gear set. rest of the has been done for years. 1" bars, hellwig sway bar, eaton rear springs, big bolt disc up front, 8 3/4 with large bolt and 3.23 gears. like to drop to a 2.94 or 2.76 but not sure I'll have tome to do it. I'd have to find a center with those gears and buy a sure grip and get it all installed. motor and trans is the priority. while the motor out I'm gonna try to do the steering box to. the one in it is leaking. may try out the borgenson one that Bergman autocraft sells.

here is most of the stuff done to the car over the years. build thread for jamies dart..:)

My wife reminded me that we were supposed to do Route 66 this year when I told her about Sick 66. Wish I could make it happen, but not in the cards.

Sweet car to take on the trip. Very cool!

When I was watching Sick Week, they mentioned that the Sick Ward got a nice lunch at each track and that the Sick Week competitors couldn’t get in.

My wife reminded me that we were supposed to do Route 66 this year when I told her about Sick 66. Wish I could make it happen, but not in the cards.

Sweet car to take on the trip. Very cool!

When I was watching Sick Week, they mentioned that the Sick Ward got a nice lunch at each track and that the Sick Week competitors couldn’t get in.

yea at the one track sick ward got two food trucks all to themselves.

If anything, you'll have memories for the rest of your life. It sounds like a lot of fun.

-
Back