Went for a cruise today. Now I need an rear bumper!

-
Found a couple bumpers, new and used.

Had an adjuster come by and check it out.
So far it's fair, gotta pin down brackets and a figure in headers still.

I'm torn between doing the labor myself and or just letting a shop do it. Something about getting a less if I do it, labor wise. The shop I did call pretty much said I'd have to front all the **** then they would install it all and insurance would reimburse it. I just want it all in writting.

It is the Ins. adjusters job to save their company money. Don't accept the reduced claim, fight them!

It is the Ins. adjusters job to save their company money. Don't accept the reduced claim, fight them!

I wont. The car with all in it is more valuable than they initially thought.
He told me list what's in the car, even converted up grades add to the value, so I did. It's valuable, no doubt, and the repairs are far from even half the value.

The insurance company is covering everything.
I can either have a shop do it or myself, I can buy it all and then in the receipts for reimbursement or if the shop wants to front it, either way. Its all okay'd by then in an email they sent me.

Man, really sorry about your accident. However, I was hoping this was going to be a post about how you launched your car and put it on the rear bumper!

:eek:

Man, really sorry about your accident. However, I was hoping this was going to be a post about how you launched your car and put it on the rear bumper!

:eek:

Not in California during this day and age, more probable to be rear ended or t boned, rolled, totaled and in the hospital.

Found a couple bumpers, new and used.

Had an adjuster come by and check it out.
So far it's fair, gotta pin down brackets and a figure in headers still.

I'm torn between doing the labor myself and or just letting a shop do it. Something about getting a less if I do it, labor wise. The shop I did call pretty much said I'd have to front all the **** then they would install it all and insurance would reimburse it. I just want it all in writting.
I see a bumper and brackets,rear trim on trunk,trunk lid repair and exhaust.
How you repair the car is up to you,but do your homework on my list! Do you know a bodyshop that would write a proper estimate?? Too bad you weren't closer.......LOL

Blew a freeze plug and Tagged the wall at 120 MPH.Went over the stripe sideways,,,,,,,still went 10.80 @ 86MPH:rofl:

7.28.13 184.jpg

7.28.13 187.jpg

7.28.13 194.jpg

7.28.13 195.jpg

8.18.13 037.jpg

8.31.13 045.jpg

10.13 016.jpg

11.6.13 042.jpg

11.6.13 044.jpg

11.12.13 047.jpg

How you repair the car is up to you,but do your homework on my list! Do you know a bodyshop that would write a proper estimate?? Too bad you weren't closer.......LOL

Blew a freeze plug and Tagged the wall at 120 MPH.Went over the stripe sideways,,,,,,,still went 10.80 @ 86MPH:rofl:

View attachment 1715156669

View attachment 1715156670

View attachment 1715156671

View attachment 1715156672

View attachment 1715156674

View attachment 1715156675

View attachment 1715156676

View attachment 1715156677

View attachment 1715156678

View attachment 1715156679
The plate had that. If her car hit the trunk it be all fkd up. lol the trunk is lined up perfect still , the plate was like that. I'm honest, I could say all kinds of **** was her fault but I'm not that way, I'm old school.

Bummer. big time.

Thank God that was all the damage, to the car... oh yeah and that you're ok too. Kidding.
You got lucky in an unlucky way. Glad you're alright.

anytime your in an accident tell the law enforcement official you are injured. when he asks what tell him ACUTE TRAUMA and make sure it gets on the accident report. if he will not I know in Wisconsin if you file your own report first it becomes the primary accident report. its always the first report filed with the state that gets primary status. you can get the form at any dmv. now you have a lawsuit and a legal leg to stand on and any insurance company will dance to your tune. make sure you get yourself checked out at the hospital. stuff tends to show up down the road later on some where.

I had my duster for 1 day before some *** hat hit it. Picked up my buddy and went to lunch. Came outside and he's like was this dent here when you bought? What? No! Some knucklehead dented the rear quarter. It's small, but still! Then in my other cars, I've been rear ended twice, both times while sitting at a red light. Not coming to a stop, but stopped! Then I was sitting at a stop sign and the car in front of me decided to back up and front-ended (i guess that's what you'd call it) my jag. All three cases involved a woman driving.... Just saying.

Yea, me sitting there stationary. Statistically though, women do cause more accidents. Our insurance is just higher because mens' accidents just tend to be more severe when they do happen. And to be honest, we're probably more likely to do stupid **** with our cars.

All I gotta say is, I hope she does NOT have STATE EFFING FARM!!

Oh yea, that's what's happening. Got a claim started, pics of all her info and licence.

I know how they work though, they might say the parts are obsolete so we will give you blue book for the title... and I'll tell them see ya in court.

Not necessarily.

Had a customer with a '65 Rambler who got nailed in the *** by a Kia Sportage.

Insurance company paid the price to repair the car, including a good salvage yard bumper from an AMC only graveyard

People are idiots, they be like "whats the big deal? you have insurance right" not realizing what goes into fixing these old cars up.

-
Back