Went for a cruise today. Now I need an rear bumper!

-
I would make sure that her insurance pays for it all...inconvenience included. "My lawyer" is dealing with the same issue you have. I was hit by a Mail Truck, that came barreling out of a parking lot and the mailman said he never saw me. The whole thing messed up a "year in the planning" vacation, along with three month of physical therapy.
That sucks, sorry to hear that happened to ya.

What insurance do you have? May be better to go with yours, im sure hagerty or a specialty insurance will do more for you than allstate or statefarm

I'd send the bumper to a quality chrome shop and send the trim to a quality trim shop and send them the bill.
They are both well in the save range.

I was very happy with the quality of Vern's Chrome Platting in Gardena.

Alan
"Quality trim shop" means big $$$s make em pay for insuring her dumb ***, make her rates go up up up.

Oh yea, that's what's happening. Got a claim started, pics of all her info and licence.

I know how they work though, they might say the parts are obsolete so we will give you blue book for the title... and I'll tell them see ya in court.
You might luck out. I had a similar incident - worse damage. The guy's insurance company sent an adjuster, and agreed to repairs with no arguements. They let me use the same shop that had done previous work including paint. They even insisted my hanging onto a rental car - which I'm sure they regretted later 'cause it took forever. The only issue was on the final payment - because they eventually decided the rear valance could not be found in a reasonable timeframe and let the shop do the metal work. Labor cost more than, but they had agreed to it. A single letter with a cc to a lawyer at the bottom got that reimbursement within a week. Fingers crossed for you.

Not what I thought this thread was about when I read the tittle! I was thinking you launched your car, It went skyward, and you drug the rear bumper off!

Not what I thought this thread was about when I read the tittle! I was thinking you launched your car, It went skyward, and you drug the rear bumper off!

LOL nah I have it set up to make the drivetrain last and the tires suffer. 245/60/14 BFG w/SS 3000lb springs. If I slicked it the 741 and stock axles might object.

Man that sucks. Hope you get it fixed soon. Used to be a guy on here with a car like that. He was a pretty good halfassed head porter. heh

If its not too badly bent, they can be straightend and rechromed. May not be as many of such places left these days, but its an option. I think the place we sent it was Keystone, might have been in Newark NJ.

Man that sucks. Hope you get it fixed soon. Used to be a guy on here with a car like that. He was a pretty good halfassed head porter. heh

hehe Is that what they call honest head porting these days?
Smooth n pretty makes for a good picture, but thats it.

Last edited:
It really sucks to hear this.
I would have told her to set her navigation to her bank so she could withdraw about $4000 to fix this.
If not, her insurance rate is going to skyrocket.............

Hope you have a collector car policy... Much easier to deal with than the regular companies...as a rule.

Go to the doctors today and ask to be checked out. If insurance doesn’t want to pay just let them know your not feeling very good and having trouble sleeping

Go to the doctors today and ask to be checked out. If insurance doesn’t want to pay just let them know your not feeling very good and having trouble sleeping

You know, this is actually not a bad idea.

You know, this is actually not a bad idea.

I was rear-ended by a semi truck in 1989. The following morning I went and had my back and my arm x-rayed. Didn't really show anything at that time. About eight months later when I had my back rexrayed you could see where one of my vertebrae had what looked like a weld across part of it where it had been cracked.

I need to see what's bent, compare it to a straight one.

20180317_174615.jpg

20180318_092742.jpg

-
Back