What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Isn't the frame open on top there? Did you do any boxing?

Looks like the spring almost fits inside the rail and it dont look like you widened the frame?

I know the frame on these is dam near 18 gauge so removing any strength kinda makes me worry...

I have a feeling I'm gonna be bothering you a fair bit in the next week or so.

My apologies in advance and thank you for sharing!

Isn't the frame open on top there? Did you do any boxing?

Looks like the spring almost fits inside the rail and it dont look like you widened the frame?

I know the frame on these is dam near 18 gauge so removing any strength kinda makes me worry...

I have a feeling I'm gonna be bothering you a fair bit in the next week or so.

My apologies in advance and thank you for sharing!
All good , happy to help. maybe we should go to Pm. Boxed it some but used most off spring perch. Mostly cut and grind. perch a little wider than frame. just welded it as tight as I could. I think should work fine. Im not racing , just a daily driver , with 440/4speed/3.91 posi. Should get up an go !!!

Hey all,

My buddy Steve replied:

"My valve covers are made by APC and are plain cast aluminum that I powder coated to match my car. They are available for small blocks.. You can also get them with machined grooves in them too... I'll sell the big block polished ones with the orange grooved stripes in them if anyone is interested.. $100"

View attachment 1715236464

Let me know, I'll get you in touch with Steve.
Even with the brand name, I can't find small bock covers like that anywhere. Who sells APC parts?

"Just a 440 4 spd" car no worries about stressing the frame on one of those...

Ha folks in HI. are gonna be unbolting there doors so they dont get blown off when at a light next to that...

So let's see, you live on a beautiful island and drive a 440 4 spd, your life must suck....

:)

Love your car, shes a beauty.

Thank you for your time and advice.

"Just a 440 4 spd" car no worries about stressing the frame on one of those...

Ha folks in HI. are gonna be unbolting there doors so they dont get blown off when at a light next to that...

So let's see, you live on a beautiful island and drive a 440 4 spd, your life must suck....

:)

Love your car, shes a beauty.

Thank you for your time and advice.
Ya, life in Hawaii sucks. Ha ha . NOT!
Only prob, not enough time in the day or roads long enough to cruise my Mopars

2_20180406_104516.jpg

0_20180902_115955.jpg

If that's your fishing boat in the background we cant be friends.... no one but a dumb *** has a yellow boat....

BB518DC3-B61F-421B-9A67-1C7F8CFB009B-184-000000F203F84125_zps37a72c7b.jpg

We’ll drove the Dart to work yesterday, cause I wanted to check out the new headlights and the relay setup.
Very happy with the lights now, although I think I do need to take some time and get the lights adjusted right, pretty sure they’re off a bit.
Then on the way home when I got close to the house I turned the radio off, and my power steering pump is making a hell of a noise. Got her into the garage and it was leaving a trail of power steering fluid on the floor.
Opened the hood and started poking around by the hose, and managed to lay the palm of my hand on the header! Damn that’s hot. Closed the hood and went to bed. I’ll have to clean it all up, add fluid and then run it to see what’s going on.

Got my brake and suspension parts painted and painted my kframe.
Hard to get anything done with that guy tugging on my leg wanting to play lol

20181018_183705.jpg

20181018_183649.jpg

20181018_183642.jpg

20181018_171706.jpg

Working on brakes. I need to redo the front brake lines. I switched to a dual master cylinder and the front lines stripped when I tried to remove them from the block. New lines and bleed the system, then I'm driving. I'm trying to make the Fall Fling next weekend

Probably won’t get my power steering leak fixed for a while. Deer season starts tomorrow morning. I’ll be concentrating on that for a couple weeks

Probably won’t get my power steering leak fixed for a while. Deer season starts tomorrow morning. I’ll be concentrating on that for a couple weeks
Our archery season has been in for 2 weeks iv been so focused on the car I havent even thought about it yet. I sold my bow to fund my project lol but will go during muzzleloader and rifle. I have a new rifle I built for deer hunting and havent even got around to lining it in yet.

Took the Duster for a burn to Cultus Lake. Down to the last 50 miles worth of gas in the tank (sender quit working - 1st winter project), insurance runs out next Friday, good weather ends Monday.

Last edited:
I got all my parts I painted and brought them in and put them up they turned out great I'm super excited to start putting it back together. I had to touch up a few spots but it's good enough to be underneath the car lol.

20181019_174535.jpg

20181019_173854.jpg

20181019_174313.jpg

20181019_174607.jpg

20181019_174551.jpg

20181019_173909.jpg

20181019_173858.jpg

20181019_173514.jpg

20181019_174122.jpg

-
Back