What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Took the wife to farmers market in South Minneapolis, had something from food truck then we went around three of the lakes in downtown taking the scenic way before we headed home. We all know whats coming in a couple of months! :(

Absolutely nothing with mine. I was going to start tearing down the engine for the machine shop, but the wife wanted to drive it a couple more times..

^^^Ramie, You have a good wife!

I'm just upgrading my master cylinder and adding an adjustable prop valve to the rear line today... Test drive soon!

We got the wagon running!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's all back together, no more exhaust leak, it's as quiet as the dual super turbo mufflers allow it to be.... :burnout:

Now as soon as the window rivet comes from Rick at Laysons, we can get the driver's window back in service and the car is road worthy again....

View attachment Dart Wgn Eng A01 B.jpg

View attachment Dart Wgn Eng A05 B.jpg

View attachment Dart Wgn Eng A08 B.jpg

View attachment Dart Wgn A02 B.jpg

View attachment Dart Wgn A03 B.jpg

View attachment Dart Wgn A07 B.jpg

It's all back together, no more exhaust leak, it's as quiet as the dual super turbo mufflers allow it to be.... :burnout:

Now as soon as the window rivet comes from Rick at Laysons, we can get the driver's window back in service and the car is road worthy again....

View attachment 1714835161

View attachment 1714835162

View attachment 1714835163

View attachment 1714835164

View attachment 1714835165

View attachment 1714835166
That's pretty cool stuff. Sounds like a productive day. Kinda jealous here..

That's pretty cool stuff. Sounds like a productive day. Kinda jealous here..

I've been running my *** off all weekend for this.

Took it apart on Thur, welding shop finished manifold on Sat, while I ran to Indiana to get the last gasket that I would need in case of problems as it was the closest one to me...

Then ran for the last few nuts and bolts that we dropped/lost while re-assembling this morning...

I had that "no loose" attitude to get it together this weekend.

The oldest boy is going to see if he can work ahead this week so he can take off Friday night and take it to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise next Saturday. His grandparents live less than a mile from 8 Mile and Woodward, so room and board is no problem and the grandparents will be glad to see him.... :glasses7:

My son's been at every Dream Cruise since they started...

I've been running my *** off all weekend for this.

Took it apart on Thur, welding shop finished manifold on Sat, while I ran to Indiana to get the last gasket that I would need in case of problems as it was the closest one to me...

Then ran for the last few nuts and bolts that we dropped/lost while re-assembling this morning...

I had that "no loose" attitude to get it together this weekend.

The oldest boy is going to see if he can work ahead this week so he can take off Friday night and take it to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise next Saturday. His grandparents live less than a mile from 8 Mile and Woodward, so room and board is no problem and the grandparents will be glad to see him.... :glasses7:

My son's been at every Dream Cruise since they started...

That makes it all worth while. Sounds like a good weekend!

That is unbelievably cool....you make those early wagons look so cool

Couldn't believe how difficult it was to remove the dash in order to gain access to the AC/Heater box. What the heck were the engineers thinking :violent1:

Found a bracket lodged in 1 of the doors causing an air flow issue....The bracket doesn't appear to be from this car either :scratch:

Thanks Martin....Will need luck & prayers too!!

That would be throwing a wrench into the spokes#-o

I didn't do it C

cruising with my sons, before it gets to hot. and if time allows maybe some suspension mods

Lots on the plate today.
Go to the wrecking yard to get the 8 1/4 suregrip I found from the 87 Dakota.
Install the AFR and O2 sensor.
Start tuning the Eddy with the great advice from TrailBeast.
Install new front seat ulphostery from seatcoversunlimited.com.
And new H4 Diamond Cut headlights..
Should be a great weekend!!!

-
Back