What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Shocks are the last thing I need for my suspension. Which KYB's did you go with?
I bought KG4509 front and KG5511 rear from rock auto on sale. I have used these before and was happy with them. I know they will give me that last little bit of firmness that my Barracuda is now lacking.

That does help, thanks. I got the first one onto the socket with the boiling water method, but it wasn't easy. Tore the other boot in the process. I did consider the heat gun, I think I'll try that next.

Not sure on your plan but I heated mine with a heat gun and used a good set of gloves.I tried hot water before that and couldn't get them on.Hope this helps
I've done it both ways.....the boiling water method worked better for me.
After I got the boot on the bar, I greased the the bar pocket real well with a small coat on the bar. Then used an open end wrench just larger than the bar up against the boot and hammered it home. Popped right on.

Well, let's see how it goes. I don't know if it makes a difference, but mine are the Energy Suspension poly boots. I think maybe I tore the other one because I didn't boil it long enough. Maybe I'll try boiling one and heat gun on the other to see if there's a difference.

Well, let's see how it goes. I don't know if it makes a difference, but mine are the Energy Suspension poly boots. I think maybe I tore the other one because I didn't boil it long enough. Maybe I'll try boiling one and heat gun on the other to see if there's a difference.
It worked best for me using a socket and some DW40 to slide it on the bar...any kind of lube will prob work, even soap....mine were energy suspension too. I had to use deep sockets sized progressively to the bar size to get the boot hole open enough to slide right on. There are a few threads here on it.

Well, that didn’t work. I had ordered an extra set in case this happened that was supposed to be in today, but the parts store lost them. Now I’m waiting until Friday to try again.

I called Energy Suspension to ask if they had a recommended method, and the response I got was this. (Paraphrasing here) “We definitely don’t recommend doing anything like boiling them or using a heat gun. The reason the kits don’t include instructions is because it’s pretty self explanatory as to how they go on. I’ve never heard of anyone having any issues installing them. You should just be able to slide them right on” Also, he added that they are not supposed to form a seal, and that they’re purely for cosmetic purposes only. He noted that if I wanted a dust boot to seal and keep the elements out, that I should go with OEM.

WHAT??!!!! If there are any Energy Suspension reps on this forum, I pray you see this.

C39737D2-11CC-4791-9B3F-C324A0A9F1B6.jpeg

Well, that didn’t work. I had ordered an extra set in case this happened that was supposed to be in today, but the parts store lost them. Now I’m waiting until Friday to try again.

I called Energy Suspension to ask if they had a recommended method, and the response I got was this. (Paraphrasing here) “We definitely don’t recommend doing anything like boiling them or using a heat gun. The reason the kits don’t include instructions is because it’s pretty self explanatory as to how they go on. I’ve never heard of anyone having any issues installing them. You should just be able to slide them right on” Also, he added that they are not supposed to form a seal, and that they’re purely for cosmetic purposes only. He noted that if I wanted a dust boot to seal and keep the elements out, that I should go with OEM.

WHAT??!!!! If there are any Energy Suspension reps on this forum, I pray you see this.

View attachment 1715513925
Wow...I def didn't have this problem. I bought mine fron PST now that I think about it but look just like yours.
I've never heard a rep resond like that either. Sounds like someone who's never done it because they surely will never just "slip right on" and they are def meant to make a seal.
Don't forget to use plenty of some type of lube....grease even.

Done gasket matching the three intakes (Offenhauser 5488 single plane dual quad, Edelbrock D64 dual plane dual quad, and the RPM Airgap).

Done gasket matching the 302 heads to Felpro 1243 gaskets.

Done gasket matching the 308 beads to Felpro 1213 gaskets.

CC'd one of the 302 heads. The outside chambers are 60 cc's, the inside chambers are 62 cc's.

Since I am not changing my cam on this engine (at this time) it was probably silly to cc these heads. I'll cc the 308 heads later it's time for dinner.

IMG_20200422_1823028.jpg
IMG_20200422_1845397.jpg

Looks good, when you assembled the small strip that the vent doors attach to did you use anything to adhere the strip to the main vent housing, for example at the small tabs on either end?
Tacked the flat wave spring in place with super glue and assembled lying down. Used tweezers to help the last few Fins in place. Not to bad.

C12AA15A-49BA-4645-81B8-63AFB75D41DB.jpeg

Tacked the flat wave spring in place with super glue and assembled lying down. Used tweezers to help the last few Fins in place. Not to bad.

View attachment 1715514948
Looks good and I like the Super Glue idea. When I rebuilt mine the bottom bar that the fins center post snaps into was snug and appeared to be secured with some type of adhesive. I didn't put anything on mine and they seem to be stable just not as rigid as prior to disassembly. Thank you again.

Finally got my Innovate LC-2 Air/Fuel setup installed. Need to get it down off the stands tomorrow so I can take if for a test run. Had in running in the garage, but just idle. I've had this LC-2 unit sitting on the shelf for 5 or 6 years, and after adding a new engine, then a new trans, and doing a bunch of suspension upgrades, I finally get around to installing it. Mounted the control unit to the side of my passenger side fresh air vent box, with a relay to run it off of mounted just above, behind the non-existent glove box. Gauge is mounted under the dash in a pod.

IMG_20200423_174150205.jpg

IMG_20200423_174208646.jpg

IMG_20200423_192103514.jpg

Well had the Dart out for a 20 minute drive today, and the Innovate LC-2 gauge confirmed what I thought all along. I'm running very rich basically all the time, idle, part throttle cruise, and full throttle. Time to open up that Edelbrock 1406 and change some jets, or metering rods. I have their tuning kit, but at this point I dont know what I currently have in the carb for jets or rods. So first thing will be to open it up and see what I have, then look at my kit and see if I have smaller jets, or bigger metering rods.

Right now I'm at around 11.7 at idle, 12.8 at cruise, and 11.3 at wide open.

IMG_2799.JPG
IMG_2798.JPG
IMG_2797.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG
Today I took the drums off of the 8 3/4 and installed the disc brake setup I recently bought.
Have to hook up brake lines and attach parking brake cable.
Having FUN now

View attachment 1715513925

Well that's a crappy response. Best method is to buy a cheap long reach funnel and cut the end off so it just fits over the hex of the bar. Then a little dish soap on the funnel and it'll slide right on. No need to heat it up.

-
Back