What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-

The song I'm play on the radio as I drive my car out of the garage for the fist time.

Resized_ken2.jpeg

No fun today. Put the avatar on the street today, went and got gas, came home to get my shades, pulled out of my street, and....car went dead. Fuel pump quit. Did this last year and got rebuilt by MagnaFuel. It's a Quickstar 275 and dead again. Had to walk home, get the truck and trailer, and winch it up onto the trailer (my winch is a manual one so LOTS of cranking!!).

Nope, no more MagnaFuel pump for me. Gotta get the car back alive to take to the Nats this weekend so Summit got too big of an order from me today! New pump, fittings, hose, etc because of course, the new one is not the same size/dimensions as the MagnaFuel pump.

So guess what I'll be doing this week? Bad part is the fuel cell has about 9 gallons in it as we were headed to a local car show. And there's not a great way to drain it with no pump running. Once you crack open a line...a big nasty mess I want no part of! Fun, fun, fun!!

Last edited:
replaced the armwrest/door pull in my SC400 with junkyard piece. Cashier let it go as a "trim piece" for $14 instead of $85 for the entire inner door panel. For a car so over engineered back in 1993 (hydraulic cooling fan motor to reduce vibration and 6 different values of insulation) They sure did cheap out on the door material: Heat formed fiberboard with wood screws securing the covering and only 2 screws securing the pull to the door frame, and they are on plastic L brackets. All this plastic gets brittle over time and heat cycles and just breaks. The whole friggin pull came off the door panel, broke the 2 L brackets and 4 wood screws pulled through the fiberboard, and all 5 direct screw in bosses pulled through the plastic. BS! My 65 interior door handles are still stock and they are still 100% intact and they are 28 years older.

Just picked up this old diesel John Deere 950 4x4 a couple weeks ago.Cleaned it up and all fluids and filters changed.Ready to work now.

B39CD786-F59F-40CB-8CA0-B762DAEA9C3D.jpeg

6AFB563E-6CB9-477E-A31E-55898A3F856F.jpeg

You only have 24 hours to get it done and to The Nats. Just put your shades on and pull an overnighter...you'll be fine!!!
Last missing piece is the drive shaft. That's still at DTS getting shorter. Wanna help push?

Had trouble sleeping so I burned the midnight oil and finished my exhaust. Slept like a rock afterwards. Nothing brings the sandman like the feeling of accomplishment

20220811-203019.jpg

20220811-203039.jpg

20220811-203352.jpg

Big day for me. Car moved under its own power for the first time in 2 years. She's sounds MEAN!

20220814-121041.jpg

20220814-121050.jpg

20220814-121059.jpg

I ordered some miscellaneous parts, opened up my box of Edelbrock fuel injection, took the intake off my new engine. ....

Not a lot, but it's STILL over 100 degrees here.
And, I'm moving forward and back at it again and that's what's important - progress.

Jeff

-
Back