What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I'm not touching her until next weekend's Chino Car show. ....she's all polished and detailed, in the garage and under cover!

20170402_074806.jpg

Jeff

Finally got the front end aligned after rebuilding the front suspension. Love the Bilsteins - firm but not harsh. Took the Dart on a spirited run on the backroads. Then the wifey drove it back home. She's getting the hang of the clutch and manual steering - had me holding on.

IMG_3930.JPG

Got the steering column pulled out to paint and rebuild it (new turn signal switch, vibration dampening u-joint and a lower ball bearing) and got the dash finished sanded down and wiped down with paint thinner. Now just need to finish the wiper linkage and put it back in, do a little wiring behind the dash while all the stuff is out and mask and paint it. Hopefully this weekend the dash will be ready to put back together

Weekend is here guy is!

I'm starting off by driving the 'Cuda out to Monrovia to see my step mom for her 87th birthday! It's about a 60 mile round trip....I'll find a way to make it longer on the way home...:steering:

What are you guys doing to your Mopars this weekend? !!!

Jeff

Took the Dart into work today; it's spring break here so the freeways are relatively clear. Spent my lunchtime giving rides to the women in the office. Chicks dig the muscle cars. :thumbsup:

Pulling the motor today finally. Milodon pans being swapped and taking this opportunity to swap out to a high volume oil pump.

Weekend is here guy is!

I'm starting off by driving the 'Cuda out to Monrovia to see my step mom for her 87th birthday! It's about a 60 mile round trip....I'll find a way to make it longer on the way home...:steering:

Jeff
I managed to somehow to drive over 100 miles on a 60 mile trip!
:lol:

Jeff

Got her pulled!

20170414_174859_zpsc3xi0wf3.jpg

Oil pan ready to head back to Milodon for replacement. Still can't believe a factory weld failed on it...

Finished hanging the 3" tailpipes and glasspacks under the trunk floor... all removable panels are in paint jail for the next several weeks, who knows when I'll ever get someone to finish blocking the body and shoot the BC/CC. So this is what it looks like today :p
Dart body-apart (4).JPG
Dart body-apart (6).JPG

I'm not touching her until next weekend's Chino Car show. ....she's all polished and detailed, in the garage and under cover!

View attachment 1715034258

Jeff
I miss Chino. I drove an 18 wheeler for a couple of years and drove for Palmer Transportation who was based in Chino. Beautiful city and you have a fabulous car show. Was only there one time, but would like to come back

Weekend is here guy is!

Jeff

Nice day for a cruise... :)

Took my Barracuda on a 130 mile test & tune yesterday. Today I will change the power valve in the carburetor and put a softer spring in the vacuum secondary actuator. Have some cleanup to do and I will give the car its first bath since final assembly. Any time left and I will put a few more miles on it.
Tomorrow will be a 100 mile test & tune to check the carb work I do today. Indicators are good:)

I'm finishing up my rotisserie I've been building for the last week and a half. Just got to put on one more jack then clean up and paint.

This is my car's current state almost fully stripped getting ready to go on the rotisserie. Just got to finish pulling the drive train and suspension.

IMG_8727.JPG

IMG_8745.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

Dang must be nice to have all that space to work in!!!

It is nice! Only thing is I have to drive to MS to work on the car! It's my dad's place. 30x40 shop. It was more cluttered, but we've been organizing it this year to get ready for the rotisserie space!

-
Back