What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
LOL. 71 RT, 383 auto, EV2 with a white vinyl top and white / black interior. I don't have the drivetrain, so I likely will build it to the broadcast sheet and go with a modern Hemi.
But that could change, I do have a couple 383's kicking around!

Nice. Sold my 71 E bodies in the mid 80's.... Still miss them. Had a hardtop Bcuda 318 car that grew into a 440, and a ragtop 318 car that got a 340 - that one was a factory ps/disc brake/ac/slapstick with a manual top. If I'd only known..........

Ya, who would have thought eh? Sounds like you let a couple nice ones go. I've always wanted one and just happened into this, so I'm fixing all the rust and then it will take some time to build it.

Meanwhile, back to what are we doing with our cars today......LoL

(Sorry about the minor highjack of the thread)

You guys have big things going today. I just washed mine. First time since I bought it. Wax and vac tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20150823_171100.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 222
i think I am too far when my friends stopped by and asked if I want to go to our state fair and get on the rides and hang out with guys and I am like "nah, I want to finish sanding my 1/4 and get started on a door. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I spent the morning assembling one of those 10'x17' portable garage/shelter things from Harbor Freight so I'm not tripping over all the parts I'm peeling off my Dart. After some running around this afternoon, I got back to it this evening and got pallets put down in the shelter to keep everything off the ground, and moved everything out there.

After that, I took off the hood, doors, window weatherstrip channels, and quarter windows (what a pain in the *** those were......). Tomorrow the rear diff/suspension and gas tank come out, along with the front suspension and K-member. Then is just a few little odds and ends and the shell will be completely bare, and I can start open bodywork and rust repair.

Oil change--Car season is almost here :D

Attachments

• P1020194.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 230
  • P1020193.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 223
Yesterday/Today: Found a leaking power valve gasket. Replacement and reassembly, the throttle response, much better... quick fuel carb, so many adjustable makes it fun again...

I picked up a glove box door on evilbay $9. Gonna clean it and spray it. The bezels broke so crazy glue and epoxy will attempt a fix. What can I say I'm cheap......

Gonna make a couple 'parts dollars' rebuilding a 2 bbl on a guys 69 Mercury Monterey. What a boat! It is a droptop tho. Then i get to work on my own stuff.

Bought a Holley trick kit to rebuild my 750hp. It leaked green obama gas all over my air gap. Think I'm going to start adding a can of seafoam to each tank.

Yeah, sort of. Cleaning up the cast mess and blending on the intake side and cleaning and polishing the exhaust side.

Now I know why guys get the money they do, for doing it.

Yeah, sort of. Cleaning up the cast mess and blending on the intake side and cleaning and polishing the exhaust side.

Now I know why guys get the money they do, for doing it.

Difficult or just time consuming?
I'm thinking of doing it myself!

Cal-tracs and split monos

Attachments

• 20150906_191327_001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 20150828_130019.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 20150906_193940.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 177
Well, me and my daughter are FINALLY gonna start fabbing up the subframe connectors. Have had the tubing for over a year now, but you know how it goes, fix one thing here, find something else to fix there....LOL :banghead:

Enjoy the holiday folks,
Pat

Difficult or just time consuming?
I'm thinking of doing it myself!

Well, I would suggest doing some reading up on it before tackling it. It's time consuming for sure. I'm still on the one head and I still have a few hours to go. But, first time attempting to do it.

I'll post some pics in my "ongoing 360 build" thread later.

-
Back