What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
tossing money at it

i just got off the phone with my transmission guy
he seemed to think the real issue was the kick down linkage being out of adjustment (i checked it, guess i dont know what im doing)

hes going to flush the transmission, toss a new filter and fresh fluid on and see how it does

Rearranged my "office" today with installing the new steering wheel. Red kinda pops with the red car. Pretty happy how it turned out!
Now if I could just cut a light.....
20210811_203805.jpg

(still have to pull the plastic off the wheel)

I took the Fifth Avenue to a roll in at the local drive in. It was mostly GM fare, four Trans And and a T-37 made for a strong Poncho showing. Maybe twenty cars, I didn't stay very long, but long enough to get fliers on the front seat! Sorry no pictures, I breezed through.

What is that going into?

Not sure yet, .040 over bore 360, J-Heads, thin .028 head gaskets, 340 cam. 340 square bore Intake.

Got a 904 all built ready to go too. Always kind of thinking, find a rough A Body, flat black it, nice wheels, don't care about the interior, put a nice running detailed drive line in it. Then Go . . .

Run it like that . . Lol . . .
Will see, nice having an engine ready to go.

☆☆☆☆☆

Did the front brakes AGAIN on the mommy van, a 2012 Grand Caravan. 2nd set of pads, first set of semi metallics squealed something awful until I took them out and gooped up the backside and reseated the shims, they were all out of whack somehow. This time the passenger rotor was FUBAR on the backside. The SM pad wore the rotor so thin on top that the rotor was discoloring at the vent spars, a bunch of black dots..? I replaced with new rotor, organic pads... nice and quiet, grab good and I'm not interested in fade resistance as she doesn't drive crazy or down mountains. That mid-year they did a 330mm rotor upgrade (10% larger) and dual piston calipers.

I had a brain fart and I left my car to get an alignment and the owner drove it like he had stolen it for almost 30 min."data logger was running"
So I'm replacing one spring perch as it was damaged from his one min sustained doughnut fest...
diff.jpg
spring.jpg
spring.jpg

dartfreak...
I even have video of the doughnut and some of the other stuff he had done.The problem is he has NO money,all I'll get is a judgement against him.What we have done is make a couple of web sites where you can see the video all the pictures of the damage before and after and also hear 18 licensed auto tech's opinions on the complete data log.As soon as the car is completely back together they will be live.Then you can go to...www.allensalignmenttestdrive.com or www.allensalignmenttestdrive.ca

I had a brain fart and I left my car to get an alignment and the owner drove it like he had stolen it for almost 30 min."data logger was running"
So I'm replacing one spring perch as it was damaged from his one min sustained doughnut fest...
View attachment 1715780195 View attachment 1715780196 View attachment 1715780196
There is literally no end to the jerks in this world.:mob:
I can't imagine that a business owner with no more integrity than that can stay in business. I'll bet he won't for very long.

Got my new fuel pump today. The 408 Six Pack is coming back to life. Hide the small Kids and Pets. It's going to get loud.
:thumbsup:

20210810_180945.jpg

20210812_165818.jpg

picked her up from the tranmission shop today

turns out the kickdown cable was way out of adjustment, and it fried part of the direct clutch
luckily its only medium rare, so we flushed the transmission, put some fresh fluid and a filter on there and shes back on the road again (with a proper clean and rebuild scheduled for this winter)

on a side note, his dad (the transmission guy) retired and still works one day a week in the shop
before he retired he was a mazda master mechanic and he owns a '14 CX9

so i decided to drop off the family hauler which had a weird shiver (almost like when you take a stick shift out on the highway, then hit the offramp and forget you're still in 5th gear...the way it shivers)

of course, its intermittent and i had no real way of explaining it, so hopefully he can get that taken care of too

Installed the new door panels , rear panels , bases , arm rests , and window cranks. Preparing for carpet installation.

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

Got the diff painted and now to shoot all the brackets and hangers ...
diff.jpg

cleaning the carpet

my 3 year old is potty training and loves playing in the duster...so yeah

Finally go the interior done. Five weeks ago I planned on installing new ProCar buckets, a one day job. Turns out the Dart was originally a bench and the PO put in non-Mopar buckets. Drilled new holes and added bracket reinforcements, top and bottom. The PO also glued the carpet to the floor so I had to install new carpeting. Laid down some Fat Mat. While the interior was out I bought a pair of USCT subframe connectors. They do require some massaging to get them to conform to the floor pan. Finally, bought a pair of 3 pt retractable seat belts from XV Engineering; same ones as in the Coronet. Oh yeah, and finally bolted down the fire extinguisher to the center hump; it's been tucked between the seat and the hump for two years.
Took the Dart out for a spirited drive and yes, there's a big difference. SFC are a must!

IMG_20210814_162044.jpg

IMG_20210814_162053.jpg

I hate painting all those small parts:mad:...the drive train is out and is getting freshened up again after only 11.2 miles. "car got thrashed by an unscrupulous business owner"...the engine is fresh again and I'm painting it back to 1968 turquoise, but it is so ugly "IMHO" It needed something so I darkened up the color and added green pearl to the clear,in person it looks OK but under a flash it looks like a bicycle seat from the 1970's ...but it took all weekend and all the brackets and mounts are painted all that's left to do is shoot the engine.
cover.jpg

Replacing the pressure switch along with the dryer on my 73.

I'm 85% sure my pressure switch vented my refrigerant a few months ago.

Looks like they didn't use all green O rings when it was converted to 134.

Pulled a vacuum last night and now waiting to check on it after work to see if it held.

-
Back