what are your winter projects ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Well its almost time to put the toys away for the winter. Does anyone have upgrades planned for the winter ?

I have the duster just about ready for paint and will hopefully spray it in the spring. My only plans are to pick a few things I need for reassembly. DTM Gaskets kit, Weather stripping, etc.

The 360 developed a knock and I found a REALLY low miles 318, put the same cam/ intake/ carb on it.

So I hope to get the 360 (or another) ready to go in, and on a "running stand" so that I can play with EFI

Hoping for a MILD winter!!! with my arthritis!!!

I'm with you Adam. Planning some paint in the spring. I need to start stripping what I can and the body shop will do the rest. I might get it back together by next spring and I might not. My ambition seems to slip away the older I get. tmm

Small ones this winter,front bumper,dash pad,maybe a pig with 355 gear.Thankssss for asking.

The goals for our Duster are:

Interior: Pull carpeting/padding, wire brush surface rust, coat floor & roof with POR-15, lay in some sound deadener, new carpeting, new seat belts.

Mechanical: New tie rods and ends, get my tach to work with the MSD 6al, fix small oil leak (hopefully it's just the back corner of the pan and not rear main), brake job, source a suregrip chunk some 3.92 - 4.11's for my peg leg 742.

Exterior: Repair ding from PO in rear corner.

House stuff: Back splash in kitchen. 3 way bedroom move, i.e. moving a guest room to the home office, 1 daughter into the old guest room, other other daughter into another bedroom.....need to paint all the rooms first!

Geez, seeing it all laid out I kinda wish you didn't ask about our winter projects Adam... :banghead: LOL!

Good thing the winters can be long here in IL.

Pat

To keep moving forward on mine and get paint on it by January. Trying to make mopars on the strip. May not be totally done but good enough to cruise.

Upper & lower ball joints and control arm bushings, start rebuilding the 8-3/4 I have to go under the car (supposed to be this year, that didn't happen),clean and detail it getting it ready for cruising next year..
Now for the real work.... Rip out a shower, replace said shower, then proceed to remodel the bathroom said shower resides in... I'd rather be working on the car!

Hopefully get Ians Duster done over the winter, but also get two bedrooms built in the basement and get some time in on the model bench.

:D

Our car season is opposite of most. We have been working on the cars over the summer, as it's way too hot to drive them.

I have AC in my Demon now (summer project)....woohoo 8) :D

Car shows will be abundant here very shortly and won't stop until Spring :smile: Sorry, I'm not rubbing it in or anything........Just couldn't resist LOL :poke:

Lets see....

New Garage to finish...wiring...lighting...4 post hoist...plus air compressor wired and air lines installed..

Pour concrete for new carport or additional garage space...

71 Dart...new strange disc brakes on all four corners..RMS upper control arms and adjustable strut rods...

73 Duster....Paint..

69 Barracuda ..Paint and rebuild front end of car...plus new brakes..and lexan windows.

I think that is enough for now....

For the first winter in years, I have no plans or projects for the buggy.. I am taking this winter off.. gonna help a body re-do his truck, seeing as how much time he put into helping me with my Dart.. I will be aquiring stuff though for some quick springtime projects.. Super Stock springs, new shackles, and a 360 and 727 I am getting off of a friend to replace my 360... this new one is all worked over, and is right around 375 horse.. more than enough for me to get myself into trouble.. LOL ..

when its cold this winter i want to try to set aside some time to work on some model kits that i have......i have a model kit of a 68 dart and i want to build it to match my real dart LOL

Hopefully shoveling out from under a crap load of snow.....

i have a million things i want to get done over the winter. what actually gets done is a different story.. :)

there is a bunch of little stuff i want to pick up for the mustang. may just end up waiting for fords at carlisle but if i can fid a geed deal onthings i'll pich them up..

i also want to send out the darts 8 3/4 housing and alter-k out for powder coat.. also want to purchase the wheels and tires that jamie wants to run on it..

also like to finish selling the yellow dart parts..

Getting the Duster rewired. It has had serval hack wiring jobs prior to us getting it. So we are going to strip it clean and start from fresh. I bet the car will lose 20lbs in just unneeded wiring. The prior owner even bypassed the kill switch and wired the MSD straight to the battery. With mechanical fuel injection that makes it kind of a hazard to shut off in emergency. That's another thing I need to study up on is the mechanical fuel injection. Haven't messed with it for 30 yrs and then it was just helping other people wuth thier sprint cars. So I have some major learning to so there. The guy whose system it is seens very willing to help. Thank God.

-
Back