What did you plug your fender antenna hole with?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Looking for some kind of plug ideas to plug the fender antenna hole with. 67 Barracuda.

Either a rubber grommet or a sink stopper have entered my mind, but if someone has any better ideas please list them. yeah, I know shoulda done it with the body work, but it was an after the fact decision.

No radio for me, gave my antenna mast away to a young gun.

Mopar had antena delete buttons on the 80's car's . I had several omni's, reliants , and pick-ups with them on, not sure if they will fit your car. They were chromed plastic buttons that had a little ball in the middle to simulate the antena down and they clipped in. I am sure with a little two faced tape you can make one work Take a walk through your local wrecking yard or check your local dealer.

my old ex-police 84 diplomat had rubber grommet plugs on the tops of the quarter panels for adding more antennas if needed. take a walk around some parts stores and home improvement stores. something might jump out at you and work perfectly.

You can use plugs for electrical boxes...they are usually chrome and come in various sizes. I think you can get them at any electrical supply store...

A rear view mirror could be a useful cover. Remote control no less :)

You can use plugs for electrical boxes...they are usually chrome and come in various sizes. I think you can get them at any electrical supply store...

You can get these at lowes, Ace Hardware, Home Depot..I think they are zinc and will rust over time if not painted.

I went to a hardware store and found a plug that fit. It is chrome but like all chrome now a days it sucks and is rusting up on me.

I used a knurled knob I had laying around, sorry cell phone pics....

knob2.jpg

knob1.jpg

I thought they had antenna delete for a bodys as well?
On the '66 and earlier radio delete cars they didn't even cut a hole in the fender for the antenna. If you can find a sink hole plug that fits, that would probably hold up the best seeing as they are stainless. Those later model cars had too small an antenna hole to use their plug (if you can even find one) to fill the earlier antenna hole. Before my race car was painted, the hole was just filled in.

zinc dosnt rust. i filled mine in when i did my body work but before that i cut the head off of a barbie doll and stuck it in there

On the '66 and earlier radio delete cars they didn't even cut a hole in the fender for the antenna. If you can find a sink hole plug that fits, that would probably hold up the best seeing as they are stainless. Those later model cars had too small an antenna hole to use their plug (if you can even find one) to fill the earlier antenna hole. Before my race car was painted, the hole was just filled in.

gotcha yha, I fill all the ones in for all of my cars before I paint them as well, I much prefer the clean look and for a radio I found an antenna that mounts on the windshield right above the mirror that you don't even hardly see and works well.

I used a stock antenna bezel with a chrome bumper bolt mounted threw the opening.

Attachments

• 000_2824.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 663
Not much help here, mine was welded during the bodywork......how about a funnel and a note asking for donations for fuel???

View attachment 9092784.jpg

Here ya' go with a little redneck ingenuity. Made for the job and rustproof! Even has a handy lanyard to keep it from getting lost if it gets blown out of the hole.
Be sure to post pics when you're done. LOL

if your fender is flat. i have these. somebody above mention this kind

Attachments

• radio 017.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 846
Hi,
My '72 Valiant 4 door is factory radio delete and the rt front fender was never stamped with an antenna hole....nice and smooth.

Hi,
My '72 Valiant 4 door is factory radio delete and the rt front fender was never stamped with an antenna hole....nice and smooth.

My '72 Valiant 4-door never had the pentastar emblem on the right front fender, nor any holes in the fender to mount it. Sorry for the hijack...

-
Back