What do you think about Plum Crazy Purple on 68 Barracuda?

-
Seeing as I own a real Citron Yella/Curious Yellow '71 Demon, I cringe when I see row after row of cars painted in this color at shows. High impact colors look good on the cars that were painted high impact by the factory...but I get tired of seeing every Mopar hosed in these colors. BORING. I like Ice Blue Metallic, and Bronze fire Metallic, and some of the nice factory colors that get passed over. Sorry, but if it wasn't a high impact car, I prefer the "other" colors that were available. I stripped FRESH Vitamin C off a '69 Swinger 340 car and painted it original B3. MUCH improved.

I love Curious Yellow!

P8120099.jpg

There are just not that many 1967 through 1969 Barracudas at the shows in the area let alone a convertible. I have only located 2 convertibles in the state so far and I have been actively trying to buy the other one. It is badged as a Formula S 340 car but I have not been able to get the VIN to know for sure.

My convertible is definitely going with a black interior and top.

It's your car. Paint it any color you like.

The 68 color chart shows a color like B5 blue and another that is sort of a cinnamon/copper color that would look good with a black interior. Those are my recommendations (The copper color is used on the cover of one of the Barracuda sales brochures for 68. Looks great to me.)

For my 67 Barracuda, I went back and forth with Plum Crazy. I'm doing the body work, so black wasn't an option (yeah, I suck at body work). The purple Barracuda Hot Wheels was always one of my favorites.

However, I decided to paint it Viper Blue Pearl (with white stripes). Now that I see the pics of the Plum Crazy ones in this post, I think it looks great. I just bought the paint to paint my trunk/engine bay/and door jams a couple of days ago though, so Viper blue it will be.

I am seriously considering satin black for my '68 FB.

Black vynil sux in a vert. There is a plum crazy vert that runs around here, black top and guts. Because its such a rough old ride inside and out the hi impact color doesn't help it at all.
I really like dark metalic green with white interior if its bench seats. The short back buckets in white resemble toilets to my eye. I din't intend to offend anyone with that opinion !
The right shade of green with the right white interior cudas are the prettiest I've seen. One was a 69 notchback. Her dark green seatbelt webing shined almost as good as the paint. Eye popping contrast against the white vynil.

Dude, look at this one I took at a local show in Atlanta.

purplenotchback.jpg

It's obviously a 67 but has chrome sport mirrors, and looks bitchin in plum crazy.

I think plum crazy would look great. I'm actually considering plum crazy or B5 blue for my Valiant, possibly something in between. It's white now, and they're all either white or red.

Plus, I've always wanted a mopar with white interior, since the Valiant was pretty much gutted when I got it, I may as well have what I want being that I'm paying for it anyways. White on white though is a little too Boss Hogg for me....

There are just not that many 1967 through 1969 Barracudas at the shows in the area let alone a convertible. I have only located 2 convertibles in the state so far and I have been actively trying to buy the other one. It is badged as a Formula S 340 car but I have not been able to get the VIN to know for sure.

My convertible is definitely going with a black interior and top.

About 3 years ago or so I bought a white '68 'vert south of OKC. It had been stored since '78 so it needed restored but it was a good one to do. I never found time to fix it so I took a '69 'vert in trade on it. I doubt I ever find time to do it either so I'm going to get rid of it also.

Here are a couple of pics of my Surf Turquoise '68 that I drove for nearly 4 years (over 20,*** miles!) and sold last summer. It had a factory black interior and a white top. Black interiors are too hot for me so I changed the seats and door panels to white. Much cooler and I thought it went nicely with the white top. In the first pic I had just changed the door panels. The second pic is the finished interior. I left some of it black for contrast. The steering wheel, gas pedal, and green interior lights were a '70s touch. If you weren't there you probably won't understand. :toothy10: I'm not necessarily a big fan of the fuzzy dice but they were a gift.

I think Plum Crazy is one of the few non-stock colors that looks ok on these cars. Some colors just don't look 'right' to me.
Good luck on your choice.
Dallas

DSC03277 (Small).JPG

Copy of DSC03466 (Small).JPG

I like the color but Hi impact colors on pre 70 cars never look right to me.

i have a plum crazy purple 69 Barracuda almost done with the restore on it just need a few more details hashed out but the paint job is done with a starsky strip pretty sick color i say..

I Love Plum Crazy. I was going to paint my Duster plum but my son talked me out of it. I guess teen's don't like purple. I will have something plum some day. Go for it!

I getting my 67 Barracuda fastback painted as we speak in Plum Crazy, I think it is the best color out there. Hell I'm even thinking about painting my 38 Truck in the same color:)

I`m a purist ,I like to see Plum Crazy on the 70 and 71 `s but it is your car so you should do what makes you happy.

I am with you, and often wish I would have painted mine Silver, or Burgandy instead of Viper Red.

-
Back